Twitter: Terrance Williams calls Michael Irvin for advice

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Let's hope he doesn't ask Mike for directions to the White House.

It was sold so I doubt there are any directions anymore lol. Now he might ask where the best strip club is though. Gonna make it rain!

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed how Williams never uses his hands to catch the ball? Im kinda worried about how he usually traps the ball against his body.
f5f5786043a6488a9c8a8c06ef2ac4b3-bf8d5b94e2124468b39b1cf6b04a7d5c-1_t607.jpg

http://sharing.fox43tv.com/sharewdpp/photo/2013/10/13/Commanders%20Cowboys%20Football_3520025_ver1.0_640_480.JPEG

Making Im making something outta nothing. Guy has been a force thus far!

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
smart move by the rook, can always find ways to improve and/or hone your skills

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed how Williams never uses his hands to catch the ball? Im kinda worried about how he usually traps the ball against his body.

http://sharing.fox43tv.com/sharewdpp/photo/2013/10/13/Commanders%20Cowboys%20Football_3520025_ver1.0_640_480.JPEG

Irvin use to do this all the time. He's caught passes with his hands obviously he's mastered how to do this and something he feels comfortable doing. I'm not worried about it. If he felt it was a problem I'm sure he would change it

TonyRomo17

Reaction score

hes a body catcher, apparently one of the reasons he fell down on the draft

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Irvin use to do this all the time. He's caught passes with his hands obviously he's mastered how to do this and something he feels comfortable doing. I'm not worried about it. If he felt it was a problem I'm sure he would change it

I see what youre saying. I was talking to a guy at another site who said that was a big knock on him at Baylor too. lol I guess when he does catch like that it reminds of of some of Ogletrees grabs. Cant really kncok the results from the last couple games.

blackbull

Reaction score
People wanted Harris in because Williams was screwing up. Stop the revisionist garbage. Nobody has anything against Williams.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
To be honest, I was happy the Cowboys drafted Williams since it happened in April. From everything I read about the guy, you could tell he was a hardworking student of the game and was not one bit of a "diva" like so many other receivers. This kid is only going to keep getting better and give Dallas a complement to Dez for years to come.

TTexasTT

Reaction score

Thats nothing. Take a look at this crystal ball owners
SkinsFanRP;387217 said:
Guys, take off the goggles. Dez is the draft equivalent of the Roy Williams trade. Everyone else in the league sees this except you.

I do doubt the authenticity of the tweet, but are football people floating this idea of "terrible" and "disaster" yes they are.
Hateraide;387222 said:
Comments like this drive me NUTS! If he would be some "STAR" or have a "BREAK OUT CAREER" elsewhere, then best of luck to him. He has the perfect chance to do those things here! He just cant get out of his own way! Hes one Toss of his jersey at Garrett to be JUST like his cousin Antonio Bryant!
Tex;387231 said:
His numbers? Such as the number of times we see Romo yell "Dez!" after a busted play? Romo can't even look his way in big situations because he runs the wrong route too often. Age can't fix stupid.
Cal;387336 said:
Like I've said before, Dez is a fine #3 receiver.

DoTheNeedful;387338 said:
The #1 ingredient to a successful WR is having the trust of his QB. No QB could trust #88 so he rarely gets looks. Jerry bought fools gold on this one.
Cal;380823 said:
13 catches and he doesn't break 100 yards. I don't know if I've ever seen such crappy production from a receiver. I'm being serious. And his drops are worthy of a benching. That kind of crappy production along with his boneheaded play is easily replaced.
Twisted Dawg;377523 said:
No team would give up more than a 5th round pick for a very flawed and emotionally troubled player that doesn't have the ability to remember plays, drops passes, and has emotional tantrums. At best we might get another journeyman OL player back.

If Garrett had a brain and a pair, whihc he doesn't, he would start making Miles the number one option in the passing game. But if he would, I;m sure Jerry would over rule him.

ELEEJG;377529 said:
Dez was the problem last night. I believe he'll be the problem in the future.

Cowboy172;377707 said:
To turn the season, send a message ... cut him .. now! Just let him go.

Mk2;377767 said:
Negatives

Can not run most routes
can not make most hot read adjustments at the line
drops balls at critical moments
not in great shape.
beats up his own mother

Positives

two TD punt returns. He seems to be real decent in that.

I think he is really over rated, I can't remember a cowboys player that was this over rated .
cowboydoyl;387456 said:
I wish they would trade Dez and get a good receiver. He sucks!

Hateraide;387484 said:
I would call the Jags and offer Dez for Larent Robinson and 2 late round draft picks!

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Wow that's just sickening well glad they are gone. Probably Dez biggest cheerleaders now

Yeah thats at another Cowboy site I visit sometimes. I actually have all kinds of lulzy ones saved from a "Witten is washed up" from a couple years ago.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
should call person, their games are going to be more similar than he and irvin

Terrance came into the league with people questioning if he can get separation. Irvin made a career with little separation. Although the rules wont let you play like him anymore, he still should be able to help Terrance.

vaturkey

Reaction score
He's got small hands and big body, good body control and pretty good speed. Seems to be pretty good running routes as he has gained more experience. I think Alvin Harper with a bit less speed and explosiveness, but who runs better routes and works harder. Time will tell what we actually have, but the arrow appears to be pointed up and he seems to want to get better.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Great kid, great physical ability, great work ethic tells me he will be a Pro Bowl type player before too long.