Twitter: Terrance Williams calls Michael Irvin for advice

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Irvin use to do this all the time. He's caught passes with his hands obviously he's mastered how to do this and something he feels comfortable doing. I'm not worried about it. If he felt it was a problem I'm sure he would change it

You're right. Irvin caught with his body quite often. Williams will be fine. He'll be a very good wide receiver for many years to come. He's dynamic and really explosive. It's deceptive. T Will is good. :)

Reaction score
When I see Williams catch with his body I think come on guy, attack the ball. Then I remember he's a rookie putting up 17 yards a catch so far and making plays and I cut him some slack. He's got a nice future ahead of him if he keeps working to improve. Playing alongside Dez can only make his life much easier than it otherwise would be.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed how Williams never uses his hands to catch the ball? Im kinda worried about how he usually traps the ball against his body.

Making Im making something outta nothing. Guy has been a force thus far!

I think there are a lot of receivers that do this.

It's kind of rare to see WRs reach up for ball or snatch it out of the sky.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
When I see Williams catch with his body I think come on guy, attack the ball. Then I remember he's a rookie putting up 17 yards a catch so far and making plays and I cut him some slack. He's got a nice future ahead of him if he keeps working to improve. Playing alongside Dez can only make his life much easier than it otherwise would be.

Where body catching will get Williams in trouble are on the comeback routes. Do you remember how aggressive DeAngelo Hall was on the comeback route to Dez in the first half? Had Dez attempted to catch the ball with his body instead of his hands, Hall would've had a pick six.

OhSnap

Reaction score
Still amazed a guy that put up his numbers last year with a new QB could last till the 3rd rd.Knows to find a open hole when the play breaks down, sounds simple but everyone can't do it. Can't coach that. Not anointing him because I don't think he's been hit real hard yet but you gotta recognize game.:cool:

mitchell2254

Reaction score
Where body catching will get Williams in trouble are on the comeback routes. Do you remember how aggressive DeAngelo Hall was on the comeback route to Dez in the first half? Had Dez attempted to catch the ball with his body instead of his hands, Hall would've had a pick six.

Terrance has made quite a few big plays for us on comeback routes. How hard he comes back to the ball has really stood out to me

TTexasTT

Reaction score

Agreed.
REVOLUTION got me thinking so I googled (image) "Dez Bryant catch" and Id say that 90% of the pics I saw were him catching the ball with his hands.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Terrance has made quite a few big plays for us on comeback routes. How hard he comes back to the ball has really stood out to me

Understood, however I'm talking about a specific play where the DB played the route perfectly. The reason why Hall didn't end up with a pick six was because Dez extended his hands to make the catch. Williams is a player, with the way he's developing I expect him to improve dramatically next yr.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Agreed.
REVOLUTION got me thinking so I googled (image) "Dez Bryant catch" and Id say that 90% of the pics I saw were him catching the ball with his hands.

On Dezs 79 yd gain against the Broncos, he caught that pass with his hands. The catch was just as impressive as the gain.