Twitter: Terrell McClain to visit Cowboys

Reaction score
I loved Terrell McClain when he was here, but I don't know about bringing him back. Who will he force off the roster if he makes the final cut? The risk is we release a promising young developmental player, for an expensive aging injury prone veteran. I hope the Cowboys are very careful with this one. That ship may have sailed....

It's a good point. I suspect it would be Ash or Price. I would be fine with losing them for the 2016 McClain.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I'd prefer it we attempted to draft a 1-tech with high upside and without injury concerns. But we didn't so we might as well acquire as much talent as we can and let the best man win. Seems to be the opposite of how we approached the safety position.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I loved Terrell McClain when he was here, but I don't know about bringing him back. Who will he force off the roster if he makes the final cut? The risk is we release a promising young developmental player, for an expensive aging injury prone veteran. I hope the Cowboys are very careful with this one. That ship may have sailed....

Even if the player he replaces is not a significant long term loss, just having an unreliable player due to injury issues can be a negative for this season. It puts a strain on the depth at a position (DT) where they they really only carry 1 true replacement and if you consider just 1tech DT they often don't carry a true replacement.
5 DTs on the 53
4 active on gameday
1 inactive replacement

If the 1 inactive backup is a 3tech then there is basically no replacement 1tech.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Retired and is the weight of a receiver now

Nick really altered his body type after retiring. In a big way! :D

Funny-Skinny-Man-Picture.jpg