Twitter: Terrell McClain to visit Cowboys

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I hope he is signed. McLain is actually a very solid player when healthy.

I think McLain and Price can hold
Down the 1T spot and Irving and Collins can be the 3 techs.

Should be a solid rotation actually.

That, "when healthy" is pause for contemplation.
But, with Jerry and Jason, it is bidness as usual, ruffians and wards of the court!
What care we, citizens, when Caesar has misgivings and then says, "aw, sheet"?
O assumptions!
Bring in the elder, the rehabing, and self-assured veteran.
What could possibly go wrong, loyal archer?

CWR

Reaction score
But, with Jerry and Jason, it is bidness as usual, ruffians and wards of the court!
O assumptions!

You're a silly lad Gimme. I dont believe anyone is interested in paying him a premium contract. We want him, but make no mistake we want him cheap.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
O assumptions!

Yes, we've been bitten by that before. This is true, dear boy. But, with that being said, I think we may have overdone it a bit the last time he was here. Obviously, he's more of a rotation chap. Lucky for us, he wouldn't be the only 1 tech on our roster now. We have both him and Price now. That should allow him to stay healthier than before because he won't be over-exerted, thus meaning that we can stifle run plays more successfully.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yes, we've been bitten by that before. This is true, dear boy. But, with that being said, I think we may have overdone it a bit the last time he was here. Obviously, he's more of a rotation chap. Lucky for us, he wouldn't be the only 1 tech on our roster now. We have both him and Price now. That should allow him to stay healthier than before because he won't be over-exerted, thus meaning that we can stifle run plays more successfully.
Rotation.
Rotation.
Quite. Quite.
But, well, Watson, you may have something!
It is coming together, the mystery of our limp-handed defense!
Tarry not, the fight awaits!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You're a silly lad Gimme. I dont believe anyone is interested in paying him a premium contract. We want him, but make no mistake we want him cheap.

Blimey yank!
I talk health/rehab.
You talk cheap.
Art school ruffian, let's get on the same page.
And keep a civil tongue, Arise lout.

GORICO

Reaction score

Qbert..sir--- i sure hope we sign him....go ahead and over pay him some...he played so good for us in 2016 at 1-tech..He already knows system and can go at it..He is only 29 years old..plus we do rotation anyway so it will be good...We need big reinforcments at interior D-Line seeing how NFC east teams upgraded substantially this offseason at running the ball..no excuses for being weak at 1-tech...we have monies and there were reinforcements in free agency..we desperately need McClain now or we could be in big trouble...some will say ..hey we were 8th on defense but
several games we got torched on run defense...i get real upset when it seems we are not managing our team to win now....i may be over the top here but i dont think so

CWR

Reaction score
Blimey yank!
I talk health/rehab.
You talk cheap.
Art school ruffian, let's get on the same page.
And keep a civil tongue, Arise lout.

Lol, ok he can rehab then lets sign him cheap! We arent signing a better DT, and this fella is still a great fit. Ill try to stay civil in the future as long as you dont call me a lout anymore. Also, Ive been known to be artsy a time or two, but Ive never attended art school.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Me too, but we can't fill every need in 1 draft. I'm sure they had someone on their board, and it just didn't happen. McClain would be nice for competition, and a stop gap until we address it in the future.

I think Vea was probably the DT they wanted. TMac and Price will probably suffice for the season though at 1 tech. Then, next season, we can draft the 1 tech we really need.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He became a good player for us WHEN he was finally healthy. Wouldnt he start at 1 and Collins slide over to 3? If so Id love it. I dont know what he played in Washington, but recall reading he wasnt a scheme fit there.
They run the 3-4 and McClain keeps having toe problems. I liked his play when healthy. Collins is a 3-tech so that works out fine.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
O assumptions!
They would take Horatio's skull if it scares the Eagles.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
PRO:
Probably the best 1-tech still on the market........good run stopper........decent push on the pass rush......knows system

CON:
Dude is soft as charmin, seriously. I don't think he has played a complete season his entire time in the NFL. Its not a question of if he will get hurt, but when and for how many games. If we can get 10-12 games out of him, were doing good.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Then they should have addressed it in the draft. So take your angst out on the front office, not my posit of MY opinion. As it does not win SB’s. And neither does yours.
I realize it’s your opinion. Since you posted it on a public forum to share with other fans it is fair game to be scrutinized. Sorry, but I disagree with you. If McClain is better than what we have, we should definitely sign him. As you know the draft is only one way to improve your team. Smart teams take advantage of FA, to fill holes, before and AFTER the draft.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I think Vea was probably the DT they wanted. TMac and Price will probably suffice for the season though at 1 tech. Then, next season, we can draft the 1 tech we really need.
Funny enough, I didn't like Vea as much as everyone else. He's a monster once he gets going, but it seemed to me that he was late off the line consistently.

jrumann59

Reaction score
PRO:
Probably the best 1-tech still on the market........good run stopper........decent push on the pass rush......knows system

CON:
Dude is soft as charmin, seriously. I don't think he has played a complete season his entire time in the NFL. Its not a question of if he will get hurt, but when and for how many games. If we can get 10-12 games out of him, were doing good.
Played in 16 for Houston in 2013 but started none.