Twitter: Terrell McClain to visit Cowboys

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Injury prone process stopper, but what player is he truly stopping the progress of?
If healthy great, but he has not had a healthy season in the past, well seems like forever.

I think I would rather roll with the guys we have. What happens if he pushes Price or Ward off the 53, then gets injured. Only to find the 2 have signed elsewhere when needed.

Sounds exactly like what this team will do.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
As always it comes down to cost. At the right price it’s a no brainer

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Me too. I wanted DaRon Payne but we might have to settle for ReRun.

That all said, I think LVE is going to make both of us eat our words.
img_4715.jpg

jday

Reaction score
Injury prone process stopper, but what player is he truly stopping the progress of?
If healthy great, but he has not had a healthy season in the past, well seems like forever.

I think I would rather roll with the guys we have. What happens if he pushes Price or Ward off the 53, then gets injured. Only to find the 2 have signed elsewhere when needed.

Sounds exactly like what this team will do.
In 2016, as our 1-tech, he had 21 solo tackles, 19 assist, and 2.5 sacks. He moved to a different defensive system last year so fell off a bit. But for reference, Maliek has 10 solo tackles, 12 assist, and 2.5 sacks last year, which is still okay for a 1-tech. This would be a great signing for Dallas, in my opinion.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
The cap space we use this year, won't be rolled over to next year. So whatever we sign him for we miss out on in subsequent years.

I want him here badly, but price is going to a factor for sure. Anything under $2.4M I would be cool with.
The kind of player you usually get for one year doesn't break the bank anyway.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The cap space we use this year, won't be rolled over to next year. So whatever we sign him for we miss out on in subsequent years.

I want him here badly, but price is going to a factor for sure. Anything under $2.4M I would be cool with.
It won't? Why?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hope the Cowboys can reach a deal, I think that would go a long way in helping the front 4. FS is still a concern and just hope Woods has used this off season to prepare himself.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He probably checked with us first to guauge interest and get a rough number, then toured the other teams to see if he could beat it significantly. The fact that he didn’t mean he probably intends to sign here now.

Which is fine. The more, the merrier in camp. We just can’t make the mistake of going thin at free safety.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It won't? Why?

Cap space not used in the current year is rolled over to your available cap space the year after, it's partially why the 9ers, Jets, and Browns had an excess of $100M in cap space going into feee agency this year.

If we sign McClain using this year's cap space then we won't see that added cap space for next season.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Cap space not used in the current year is rolled over to your available cap space the year after, it's partially why the 9ers, Jets, and Browns had an excess of $100M in cap space going into feee agency this year.

If we sign McClain using this year's cap space then we won't see that added cap space for next season.
Okay, I gotcha. I was misreading the post and somehow thought you were saying the opposite.
Sorry bud.