Twitter: Terrell McClain to visit Cowboys

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
He knows the system. I agree heath is the factor. But his last year here (contract year) he was healthy and was part of one of the best run defenses we have had in a while.
Agree completely. If McClain is healthy AND capable of playing the way he did just 2 years ago, he immediately becomes our best 1 technigue. This move could really help our Defense up the middle. Our weakest position on the Defense is 1 technique. McClain, of 2 years ago, would turn it into a strength. This could potentially be a huge move!! Also, don’t go cheap on him. I’m not saying over pay BUT, this could be the piece we really need to make this a legitimate D.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Cowboys will have to outbid at least two other teams, Dolphins & 49ers, for his services. He most likely has offers that
did not shake his boots so Jerry will most assuredly have to sweeten the pot to secure him. I imagine he will want some kind
of signing bonus and some guaranteed money. You most likely won't get him for Walmart prices.

If his asking price is too much Cowboys likely will move on. I have no clue as to what Miami or San Fran offered. I hope a deal can be reach, It is not as if he is leaving the Commanders on a high note so not sure how much those other are willing to pay.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Injury prone process stopper, but what player is he truly stopping the progress of?
If healthy great, but he has not had a healthy season in the past, well seems like forever.

I think I would rather roll with the guys we have. What happens if he pushes Price or Ward off the 53, then gets injured. Only to find the 2 have signed elsewhere when needed.

Sounds exactly like what this team will do.
Yep, let’s stay mediocre or worse, at 1 technique. It’s our weakest position on D, but let’s not try to improve it. This type of thinking wil never compete for Superbowls.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
1. Does he makes us better?
Yes, he is better than Brian Price or any other (actual) 1Tech we have.
2. Is he affordable?
Apparently, since we don't seem to entertain any player that is not considered a bargain.

Also, LOL at the poster who said Stephen and McClay are "working their tails off". They are literally doing their job by looking at available players at a position of need.

joshjwp

Reaction score
Would love to have him back. Would give us a stop gap 1 Tech.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Both Stephen and McClay have said they don't view any of the remaining safeties as attractive for the Cowboys and are not
upgrades to existing players on the team.

Ever heard of negotiating ploys? They had to answer the question without letting on that a veteran safety will be on the menu after the comp pick deadline. There’s no way they are going into the season with only the current safeties and plenty of cap space.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Ever heard of negotiating ploys? They had to answer the question without letting on that a veteran safety will be on the menu after the comp pick deadline. There’s no way they are going into the season with only the current safeties and plenty of cap space.

Would you say it's negotiating ploys, or not showing your hand to the other teams?

I agree that I highly doubt we are content going into the season with three safeties(not including UDFAs), two of which are recent 6th rounders with limited exposure at the NFL level, and an underwhelming 5th year former UDFA on a minimal salary. Especally after trying to trade a 3rd round pick for a player at that position 9 days ago.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, let’s stay mediocre or worse, at 1 technique. It’s our weakest position on D, but let’s not try to improve it. This type of thinking wil never compete for Superbowls.

Then they should have addressed it in the draft. So take your angst out on the front office, not my posit of MY opinion. As it does not win SB’s. And neither does yours.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

tenor.gif

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Would you say it's negotiating ploys, or not showing your hand to the other teams?

I agree that I highly doubt we are content going into the season with three safeties(not including UDFAs), two of which are recent 6th rounders with limited exposure at the NFL level, and an underwhelming 5th year former UDFA on a minimal salary. Especally after trying to trade a 3rd round pick for a player at that position 9 days ago.

Either or both.

dfense

Reaction score
Cowboys have a really nice physical rehab facilities. As he well knows.