Terrell Owens To the HOF

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Never heard of a portrait. I do know know that you don’t choose a team to be inducted as. Brett Favre has Packer and Viking memorabilia in his display, he didn’t even know there would be Vikings memorabilia.

Never heard of an official self-portrait either. Guys are inducted as a player, coach or a contributor. There will be photos of said player in his uniform/s but not sure how much say-so they have in that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hall of Fame should be based on, on field production and nothing else

I disagree. And a lot of people do.

I do agree that off the field stuff shouldn’t matter much, or at all. But lockerrrom stuff that affects how a team performs on the field is another story. Turning teammates against QBs or coaches is a lot different than squirting an official or pantomiming fans mooning players.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really hope you’re kidding.

The referenced post points out how Moss squirted officials with water bottles, admitted to drug use, walked out on his team and having team leaders approach him, admitted to taking plays off, fighting with players, being forced to take anger management classes.

What TO did was “chump change” compared to that? TO was never arrested, he never admitted to drug use or taking plays off. TO is guilty of getting too carried away trying to promote his brand to the point where it rubbed people off the wrong way.

C’mon...just admit that you’re wrong? Neither player stuck with any team for long and both had a negative impact on the lockerroom.

100% not kidding. I’d much rather play on a team with Moss than with Owens. And, purely as a player, I loved Owens. He was fast and strong and played to win.

But he made it harder on his teams along the way, and that matters, too.

This isn’t Moss v. Owens, by the way. I’m not a fan of Randy’s personality, either. It’s just that his offenses didn’t affect his teams nearly as much. Hence he gets a first ballot invitation where Owens did not. Their on field production was similar.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Never heard of a portrait. I do know know that you don’t choose a team to be inducted as. Brett Favre has Packer and Viking memorabilia in his display, he didn’t even know there would be Vikings memorabilia.
unless they stopped doing them...the portrait is on the stage next to the bust.
its of that player in whatever uniform he chooses....doesnt mean the rest of his career is erased....just means he gets to choose which team uniform is used for the player portrait.

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Only fat, old, and out of shape fans and media members wanted TO to wait. Look around :lmao:put down the burger and shut up
:rolleyes:
Fat& out of shape ,I'm not bro! But if I only knew where all those half eaten burgers were being laid down at,,,hummmmyum-yum,,,o_O

:starspin::lmao::starspin:

( I'll always hate T.O.,,,, it seems according to ROMO you tube highlight clips that he did catch a few passes from him though)

rkell87

Reaction score
He said it won’t be as a 49er. He’s mad at Garrett for him leaving so doubt it’s Dallas. Can’t be Philly.....

So Buffalo or Cincy?
Media sucked for him here but I believe he liked it here and wanted to come back. Buffalo gave him a key to the city, he didn't dominate there but they treated him well. If I had to guess I'd go 60/40 buffalo/cowboys

sacase

Reaction score
Media sucked for him here but I believe he liked it here and wanted to come back. Buffalo gave him a key to the city, he didn't dominate there but they treated him well. If I had to guess I'd go 60/40 buffalo/cowboys
He's going in as a 49er.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

I do agree that off the field stuff shouldn’t matter much, or at all. But lockerrrom stuff that affects how a team performs on the field is another story. Turning teammates against QBs or coaches is a lot different than squirting an official or pantomiming fans mooning players.
I disagree. It's all about production. Being a nice guy should be for awards like Walter Payton man if the year.

Owens is one of the top 3 receivers to ever play, everybody knows he should be in...... Why because he put up the numbers. Holding him out a few years is why you have guys like Pearson that isn't in the Hall, just to name a guy. Everson Walls should be in, but yet her we are waiting because the committee wants to think of ways not to put them in

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree. It's all about production. Being a nice guy should be for awards like Walter Payton man if the year.

Owens is one of the top 3 receivers to ever play, everybody knows he should be in...... Why because he put up the numbers. Holding him out a few years is why you have guys like Pearson that isn't in the Hall, just to name a guy. Everson Walls should be in, but yet her we are waiting because the committee wants to think of ways not to put them in

It’s about net production. If you help your team on Sundays and hurt it the rest of the week, then you’re a plus and a minus. I’m not talking about penalties or a pot arrest or whatever. I’m talking about actually intentionally sowing discord in multiple locker rooms. It’s got nothing to do with being a nice guy or not.

Pearson’s case is completely unrelated.

Owens was held back a couple of ballots because his personal shortcomings as a teammate detracted from his on field accomplishments. There’s no other way to see it. His numbers themselves are too good, otherwise. I know his fans don’t want to hear that, but the voters obviously agreed.

He’s in now, as he should be. But he’s got nobody but himself to blame for the delay.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It’s about net production. If you help your team on Sundays and hurt it the rest of the week, then you’re a plus and a minus. I’m not talking about penalties or a pot arrest or whatever. I’m talking about actually intentionally sowing discord in multiple locker rooms. It’s got nothing to do with being a nice guy or not.

Pearson’s case is completely unrelated.

Owens was held back a couple of ballots because his personal shortcomings as a teammate detracted from his on field accomplishments. There’s no other way to see it. His numbers themselves are too good, otherwise. I know his fans don’t want to hear that, but the voters obviously agreed.

He’s in now, as he should be. But he’s got nobody but himself to blame for the delay.
I didn't say that's not how it is. I'm saying it shouldn't be that way. Either way I guess we can just agree to disagree

Edit. I'm not a Owens fan

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't say that's not how it is. I'm saying it shouldn't be that way. Either way I guess we can just agree to disagree

Edit. I'm not a Owens fan

I actually was a huge fan of his talent. And I think he was overall a good signing for Dallas, too. He was so productive that it offset the damage he did here for me.

But I do think the fact that he intentionally sowed discontent in the locker room everywhere he went ought to have been held against him when it comes to evaluating him as a player. It’s a significant part of who he was as a teammate.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I agree. Their impact should also be a factor.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I actually was a huge fan of his talent. And I think he was overall a good signing for Dallas, too. He was so productive that it offset the damage he did here for me.

But I do think the fact that he intentionally sowed discontent in the locker room everywhere he went ought to have been held against him when it comes to evaluating him as a player. It’s a significant part of who he was as a teammate.
Yep. And when you consider Jerry bringing him in against Parcells wishes probably ran Bill off early basically resulted in costing us a greater chance of reaching a championship that definitely impacts negatively whatever production TO brought.