Terrell Owens won't attend Hall of Fame induction ceremony

cern

Reaction score
probably couldn't fine anyone to induct him. not likely he has a lot of real friends. and when the money's gone, the coterie of hangers on soon depart for greener pastures.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never watch it, now I really won't watch it. I will be somewhere else and will let Owens know when the time is appropriate.

erod

Reaction score
He couldn't find anyone to present him.

The picture child for locker room cancer.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ion-pro-football-hall-fame-induction-ceremony

Terrell Owens, who was selected for enshrinement into the Pro Football Hall of Fame this year, has declined an invitation to attend the induction ceremony, he said Thursday.

"While I am incredibly appreciative of this opportunity, I have made the decision to publicly decline my invitation to attend the induction ceremony in Canton," Owens said in a statement released Thursday. "... After visiting Canton earlier this year, I came to the realization that I wish to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of my life, elsewhere."

Owens, who said he has let the Hall of Fame know of his intentions, added he will announce "where and when" he will celebrate his induction at a later date.

"We are disappointed but will respect Terrell's decision not to participate in the enshrinement," Hall of Fame president David Baker said in a statement. "While unprecedented, the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the nearly 5,000 volunteers and the entire community are committed to celebrating the excellence of the Class of 2018 that will kick off the NFL's 99th season."

Baker said the Pro Football Hall of Fame would have no further comment on Owens' decision.

giphy.gif

He is incredibly unlikeable

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I love it. T.O. shouldn't let those haters make any more money off him. Should have been a 1st ballot hall of famer. He talked the talk and walked the walk. Too bad he played most of his career with cry baby QB's that can't handle the intensity he brought to the team. Funny the only QB that loved T.O. is the hall of fame one.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Moron!

It’s your day Terrell. You finally have everyone’s undivided attention, peers and fans alike. It’s all about your accomplishments this time around and you won’t attend?

This is why you will always be a laughing stock!
Who is he a laughing stock to? Not me or anyone I know.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
It's always funny seeing fans feel like they have a certain level of ownership over players and their actions.

Don't blame him at all for not going. They're looking to make money off the players, why should he contribute to that?
People making money off other people is never going to change that is how the world operates.

CapnB

Reaction score
Other than dead people that get inducted. I wonder if there's been anyone else not to show up for their own induction?

rags747

Reaction score
Kind of looked forward to his speech actually, he's an emotional dude and he would have laid it all out there. I really hope that someone who is close to him can help change his mind as I think it's something that he may regret down the road. Ha, this is something that I would freaking do!

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
This will be the first& not last time a athlete does this. After considering the mitigating circumstances, I think this is a unprecedented move& I concur. This move will be copied going forth. So all the hate he gets is no different than the hate he received during his playing career. The question one should ask is why (if ur a hater) am I hating on a guy that wishes not to attend his H.O.F ceremony. The answer should be revealing to the supposed" Hater"