Terrell Owens won't attend Hall of Fame induction ceremony

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don’t think he could find anyone to introduce him and have nice things to say about him so he took the cowards way out. Just don’t show up. I still say he will regret it in the not so distant future.
Could have had his agent introduce him. That's what Deion did.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboy bias toward our 70's teams..
And that is not a conspiracy theory. Frank Luksa, former DMN writer, the HOF voter before Rick Gosselin, the present rep, have both said there is a definite bias against those players from the 70's team and much love for the Steelers.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is it not HOF fault, who chooses the voters, he’s absolutely right to stick the middle finger up at them, they did for years. They ruined the biggest honor by making a mockery over the HOF voting process. Good job T.O. The only thing I would’ve done differently was just not show up. I wouldn’t have told the a damn thing.

If he has that much disdain for the HOF then why accept the induction at all? Why not decline? The fact is, he wants to be a HOF member, but he wants to draw all the attention to himself, which is the attitude that kept voters from electing him 5 years ago.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't blame T.O. one bit:

#1 Regardless of his antics, he should have been a first ballot entry
#2. With all of the dissention his prima donna attitude caused, he probably felt that his presenter would fake it.
#3. No matter what he said in his speech he would face severe criticism and be memed to death.
#4. He will always have the satisfaction of being a bigger A-hole then the voters who held him out so long...He gets the last laugh
#5. Even if the Hall votes him out, he still wins.
#6. He sets a precedent, a true legend for real....nobody will ever forget this.

I bet they change their rules now about future inductees and their availability unless they are disabled or dead!!!!

Oh well, great player who nobody really understood, hate the way it ended but that is all....

Oh, everybody understands what TO is about - there is no doubt about that!

aikemirv

Reaction score
BS, it’s absolutely the right move. The voters have made a mockery of the process. It’s known that if you play nice with the media your stock rises, if you don’t then it plummets. It’s Bs.

A lot of great players have waited or are still waiting - go cry me a river and be responsible for your own actions. It is a team sport and if you suck as a teamate that should be part of it!

Go play Tennis or Golf if you don't like it!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really don't care about the HOF or any individual awards, it's all about the team to me. However, it is a mystery how some players get in on 1st ballots and others have to wait for that "seniors" designation.

Lawrence Taylor didn't have a problem and he never ever apologized for being a dbag, Ray Lewis rats out his posse to save his own worthless butt showing a total lack of character but because he was one of the first bad boys, it took almost an act of congress to get Bob Hayes in and he changed the game. The man forced the creation of the zone defense.

I don't get the HOF and could care less about it. They put Booger in it for making them money. It's an ugly jacket but those busts look like bigass chunks of chocolate, yuuuuuummmmmm..

Ya think Joe Buck could one time, just one time, not put Hall of Famer in front of Aikman's name. That should be a drinking game. Buck was actually responsible for a drinking at a place I used to go to watch the afternoon games with my FF fellow fools. They had a bunch of TV's, all with different games on but whenever the game was on he was doing the crowd would wait for a head shot and when he'd turn and grin into the camera, the place would go nuts and we'd all chug our drinks. And he used to do that a lot more than he does now but he was Mr. Poser back then.

Luther

I am who they thought I was!
Reaction score
Good. Now I can enjoy the ceremony without hearing his garbage about himself.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I get it but this is the same HOF group he got bent out of shape about NOT being a part of? Do you see the hypocrisy?
The idea of "First Ballot", or having to wait for another guy to get in first is ridiculous. Either you are a Hall of Famer or not. Whether or not you like a guy should never factor in. Did his career merit it? T.O. believes the media stuck it to him. It would have been more hypocritical to say you don't care anymore after you don't get in the first time, then all of the sudden care now that you are in.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Let me guess. Thread is filled with numerous personal attacks against TO lol
You shouldn't apologize for T.O..or be shocked. He asked for it...all self inflicted. He got what he earned,which is he made it into the HOF...only to spurn the very same folks that voted him in. CLASSIC T.O...and now he's the victim? lol....WOW. Dude is mental.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
um really does anyone actually watch that crap... give him five more minutes of media... I bet he'll be out in his driveway doing setups and pushups. :)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm not going to take time to read six pages because I know they're filled with some love but mostly misplaced hatred.......

That said, this truly made my day. TO's numbers speak for themselves and he should be judged primarily on his achievements.

Screw the phonies that purposely "Kaepernicked" him for years. Screw the lot of them.

Major major props to TO for giving a big public *** ewe to the lame folks that hated on him for so long. I will look forward to the news of his separate ceremony and may even try to attend when that information does come out.

GETCHA POPCORN READY! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Plumfool

Reaction score
I really don't care about the HOF or any individual awards, it's all about the team to me. However, it is a mystery how some players get in on 1st ballots and others have to wait for that "seniors" designation.

Lawrence Taylor didn't have a problem and he never ever apologized for being a dbag, Ray Lewis rats out his posse to save his own worthless butt showing a total lack of character but because he was one of the first bad boys, it took almost an act of congress to get Bob Hayes in and he changed the game. The man forced the creation of the zone defense.

I don't get the HOF and could care less about it. They put Booger in it for making them money. It's an ugly jacket but those busts look like bigass chunks of chocolate, yuuuuuummmmmm..

Ya think Joe Buck could one time, just one time, not put Hall of Famer in front of Aikman's name. That should be a drinking game. Buck was actually responsible for a drinking at a place I used to go to watch the afternoon games with my FF fellow fools. They had a bunch of TV's, all with different games on but whenever the game was on he was doing the crowd would wait for a head shot and when he'd turn and grin into the camera, the place would go nuts and we'd all chug our drinks. And he used to do that a lot more than he does now but he was Mr. Poser back then.

And I believe that’s what it’s about I think. TO’s number as a player rank amount the best all time but the media didn’t like him. Randy Moss has outstanding numbers as well but they don’t equal Owens’ AND he had issues with the law but he gets in the Hall on the first try because the media likes him.