Terrible Spot On Roethlisberger Scramble!

Everson24

Reaction score
I finally had the stomach to go back a watch the game again and I must say that the refs would not let Pittburgh lose this game. If anyone gets a chance take another frame by frame look at 3:34 remaining in the 4th quarter where the ball was when Ben's knee was on the ground. They mis-spotted the ball by 1 1/2 to 2 full yards! Mickey brought this up on Talking Cowboys and my son and I had to check it out for ourselves.

How could they be so far off at such a critical juncture of the game? I know we could have challeged it if we had any left but the bad call by the refs on the Roethlisberger sack cost us a challege. This two challege system is ridiculous. Why should a team lose challeges when the refs blow the call? On the first challege if the ref calls Romo down by contact they dont overturn it if Pittburgh challeges that either (at least I dont think they do).

If they spot the ball correctly it's 4th and 2 not fourth and inches and we have a decent chance to stop that drive and win the game right there.

Anyone have Mike Pierra's email address? I want to let him know what a lousy,forefleshing,traveshamockery piece of monkey stuff that was.

Man, I hate the Steelers!

wick

Reaction score
Yep. It was obvious in real time. A good thing, too, since I don't think FOX bothered to show a replay. I also wanted a replay of the low pass to Washington (I think) on the touchdown drive. That looked like it hit the turf.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
After we lost the ability to challenge, quite a few of the calls the steelers got where very questionable. What can you do... League falls short in so many way.

Boysboy

Reaction score
wick;2477851 said:
Yep. It was obvious in real time. A good thing, too, since I don't think FOX bothered to show a replay. I also wanted a replay of the low pass to Washington (I think) on the touchdown drive. That looked like it hit the turf.

Yeah-my big gripe wasn't the calls, but the it was FOX NOT showing the replays. Troy was like, "It looked like a catch to me", blah, blah, blah.

At the very least, I would have liked to see them.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The first challenge we made was stupid, it cost us the ability to do so later. Wade has to be smarter with his challenges.

twentytwo

Reaction score
Boysboy;2477859 said:
Yeah-my big gripe wasn't the calls, but the it was FOX NOT showing the replays. Troy was like, "It looked like a catch to me", blah, blah, blah.

At the very least, I would have liked to see them.

By no means do I think there is any sort of conspiracy theory or anything, but I'm sure that they try to not show replays of any relatively questionable calls to some extent. The NFL has been taking a lot of heat for some bad calls this year.

But yes I agree...I would have liked to see some of those replays. That spot on that scramble was terrible.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
My buddy and i were screaming as soon as they spotted the ball. These ****ing refs get worse every week.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Some shots they also play over and over and analyze them six ways from Sunday until long after the play is over.

I'd love a happy medium.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Those calls weren't the reason we lost, but we sure didn't need the refs' help blowing the game.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2477865 said:
My buddy and i were screaming as soon as they spotted the ball. These ****ing refs get worse every week.

True, hell I always think they blew it on the sneak, I remember yelling he didn't make it and then saw the guy spot it on the red line and said ***

bigE79

Reaction score
Everson24;2477847 said:
I finally had the stomach to go back a watch the game again and I must say that the refs would not let Pittburgh lose this game. If anyone gets a chance take another frame by frame look at 3:34 remaining in the 4th quarter where the ball was when Ben's knee was on the ground. They mis-spotted the ball by 1 1/2 to 2 full yards! Mickey brought this up on Talking Cowboys and my son and I had to check it out for myself.

How could they be so far off at such a critical juncture of the game? I know we could have challeged it if we had any left but the bad call by the refs on the Roethlisberger sack cost us a challege. This two challege system is ridiculous. Why should a team lose challeges when the refs blow the call? On the first challege if the ref calls Romo down by contact they dont overturn it if Pittburgh challeges that either (at least I dont think they do).

If they spot the ball correctly it's 4th and 2 not fourth and inches and we have a decent chance to stop that drive and win the game right there.

Anyone have Mike Pierra's email address? I want to let him know what a lousy,forefleshing,traveshamockery piece of monkey stuff that was.

Man, I hate the Steelers!
you can look it up on one of my previous,but i said it wasnt the stelers i was worried about...it was the REFS and if it was a close game...we were SCREWED:starspin

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
bigE79;2477880 said:
you can look it up on one of my previous,but i said it wasnt the stelers i was worried about...it was the REFS and if it was a close game...we were SCREWED:starspin

lol, like in the SB whenever the Seahawks got close, the laundry started flying (just like the fouls in a Duke game)

Everson24

Reaction score
Big Dakota;2477865 said:

I should be used to it by now. I've watched every Steelers game this year and in every close game they get the calls from the refs. It's outrageous. And dont even get me started on all their past Super Bowl wins.:bang2:

DatNguyen59

Reaction score
The refs in that game really did screw us though. They didn't look like they knew what they were doing.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2477855 said:
After we lost the ability to challenge, quite a few of the calls the steelers got where very questionable.

And the one questionable call that went our way late in the game might have hurt us more than helped us.

On Roy Williams' catch on the final drive, it looked like he might have been stopped short of the first-down line, but the ref gave what looked like a generous spot and immediately signaled first down, so the clock never stopped. Had they stopped the game to measure it, it would been like an extra timeout for us to regroup and call a play.

In that situation, I would have gladly taken a second-and-1 from the 27 if it meant saving 15 or 16 seconds on the game clock and getting time to call a better play.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
DatNguyen59;2477889 said:
The refs in that game really did screw us though. They didn't look like they knew what they were doing.

They were cold.:D

Boysboy

Reaction score
twentytwo;2477863 said:
By no means do I think there is any sort of conspiracy theory or anything, but I'm sure that they try to not show replays of any relatively questionable calls to some extent. The NFL has been taking a lot of heat for some bad calls this year.

But yes I agree...I would have liked to see some of those replays. That spot on that scramble was terrible.

Speaking of conspiracy theories, on ESPN's Monday Night Countdown show, they would have 2 fans, 1 from each of the 2 teams playing, to armwrestle.

Get this-in EVERY week, the winner of this match...their team went on to WIN the game! Yah-it's been correct EVERY SINGLE WEEK!:eek:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Boysboy;2477897 said:
Speaking of conspiracy theories, on ESPN's Monday Night Countdown show, they would have 2 fans, 1 from each of the 2 teams playing, to armwrestle.

Get this-in EVERY week, the winner of this match...their team went on to WIN the game! Yah-it's been correct EVERY SINGLE WEEK!:eek:

Great, now we need to start that here in this forum, and replace that silly Magic 8 Ball that HighTechDave uses.

Perhaps we can get one of our weekly trolls to armwrestle one of us to see who will win.