Terrible Spot On Roethlisberger Scramble!

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Its typical for the Steelers to get the refs to cheat for them. Mafia???

No surprises here.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2477906 said:
Wade said in the PC that if he'd had a challenge, he would've thrown it on that sneak. He said he didn't think Roeth got anything, or may even have lost yardage.

I dunno, it was hard to tell from the TV shot -- just a big pile of bodies.

And I have a hard time saying the first challenge was a mistake. Any time you lose a fumble in your own territory and it's that close, you have to take a chance. I'm watching it right now (11:22 2nd quarter) and I'm still not sure his knee wasn't down before the ball came out.

that is a good point on the Romo fumble, I swore his knee was down. I think I confused it with his terrible challenge the week before. I will claim a mulligan on that one.

juck

Reaction score
I made a sthread about this after the game he was off by 2 yards it was terrible and that catch wasnt a catch either,terrible.But the spot was almost like blatantly spotted wrong.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
bbgun;2478011 said:
That's true for the top photo. The wind temporarily interrupted my signal, and I lost the picture a split second before his knee was fully down. Still, it's safe to say that the ball was nowhere near the 22 when the knee came down.

I figured the refs awarded the Steelers about a yard and a half on the play.

I knew it right away but realized that the Cowboys couldn't challenge it.

The Washington pass play was difficult to tell in slow motion but it appeared that the ball hit the ground. Only the original view was available.

CarlJohnson

Reaction score
While we're on the subject, what about the offsides call on ellis on third down. He didnt move in the replay, unless he was lined up offsides. And what about the offsides call when 3 of our guys jumped off but then got back, and then they jumped. And they called it on us! Im not saying the refs cost us the game, but the refs can really effect the outcome of a game. And that spot is just sickening.

twentytwo

Reaction score
CarlJohnson;2478032 said:
While we're on the subject, what about the offsides call on ellis on third down. He didnt move in the replay, unless he was lined up offsides. And what about the offsides call when 3 of our guys jumped off but then got back, and then they jumped. And they called it on us! Im not saying the refs cost us the game, but the refs can really effect the outcome of a game. And that spot is just sickening.

I'm pretty sure Ellis was lined up in the neutral zone on that play.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
juckie;2478021 said:
I made a sthread about this after the game he was off by 2 yards it was terrible and that catch wasnt a catch either,terrible.But the spot was almost like blatantly spotted wrong.

Well, even if we stop them on 4th down, it's hardly a game ending moment. There's still a ton of time on the clock and a plodding Dallas offense to consider. I mean, we had two offensive possessions after the Heath Miller TD and did nothing with either one of them.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Everson24;2477884 said:
I should be used to it by now. I've watched every Steelers game this year and in every close game they get the calls from the refs. It's outrageous. And dont even get me started on all their past Super Bowl wins.:bang2:
Yea, the Rooney's are well looked after by the league.

That SB against the Seahawks was what convinced me that they are "protected" if you will by the league and the refs.

Now I am not big on conspiracy theories, but the Steelers do get more favorable calls than almost any team in the league.

I doubt that it is just a coincidence.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2478038 said:

That SB against the Seahawks was what convinced me that they are "protected" if you will by the league and the refs.

Now I am not big on conspiracy theories, but the Steelers do get more favorable calls than almost any team in the league.

Maybe that's why the Rooneys didn't complain at all when the Pats were caught cheating last year?(Of course, the Pats beat them twice in the playoffs during their run with cheating)

Just a thought.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Within 2 seconds of the ball being spotted, my cell phone buzzed. It was my dad texting me: "TERRIBLE SPOT" is what it said, in all caps haha.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
twentytwo;2478034 said:
I'm pretty sure Ellis was lined up in the neutral zone on that play.

He appeared to be on the line. They didn't score on that drive, though.

http://img338.*************/img338/3640/ch21sundec72008064525pmnc3.jpg

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Boysboy;2478044 said:
Maybe that's why the Rooneys didn't complain at all when the Pats were caught cheating last year?(Of course, the Pats beat them twice in the playoffs during their run with cheating)

Just a thought.

Rooneys, Kraft are in good with the league. Jerrah not so much :)

Boysboy

Reaction score
casmith07;2478045 said:
Within 2 seconds of the ball being spotted, my cell phone buzzed. It was my dad texting me: "TERRIBLE SPOT" is what it said, in all caps haha.

I'm shocked Aikman didn't say anything about it-he acted like the officials made the proper spot. Same with the Washington catch-he said something like, "It looked up here like it was a catch".

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
bbgun;2478047 said:

In that first picture, based on where his helmet is and where the center is holding the ball, he's clearly not offsides. He's just ahead of his teammates, which looks like the reason the refs called it.

Horrendous officiating.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Boysboy;2478049 said:
I'm shocked Aikman didn't say anything about it-he acted like the officials made the proper spot. Same with the Washington catch-he said something like, "It looked up here like it was a catch".

I'm sure it looks like a catch from the ****** broadcast booth!!:banghead:

Boysboy

Reaction score
bbgun;2478047 said:

And everyone seems to forget that it BENEFITED us b/c instead of kicking a FG, they went for it and got nothing. So if anything, WE came out on top with that, blown call or not.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Boysboy;2478044 said:

Just a thought.

Good point.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
bbgun;2478011 said:
That's true for the top photo. The wind temporarily interrupted my signal, and I lost the picture a split second before his knee was fully down. Still, it's safe to say that the ball was nowhere near the 22 when the knee came down.

Hey BB, maybe you can add a grab of where the ball ended up being spotted... Like when the chain is up to the ball on the measurement. :)

And while you're right that that play wouldn't have ensured we'd have won... That was their only touchdown drive of the entire day, and it could have ended right there. :mad:

twentytwo

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2478038 said:

For anyone that is interested, here is a recap of some of the "questionable" calls from Superbowl XL:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaction_to_officiating_in_Super_Bowl_XL