Terry Glenn news?

BlackJackMurphy

Benched
Reaction score
Is he going to be back for the Minny game? or after the break? news on him has just seemed to stop.

And do you think his return could actually be a bad thing as Hurd has emerged , or is beginning to emerge.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
When he comes back, I think we'll see some 4 WR sets that will really spead out defenses that are trying to be aggressive and put pressure on Romo. I think Romo will pick teams apart in that scenario.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I dont know if we will get him back on the field this season but one thing im 100% sure about is it would definetely not be a bad thing in any way if we did get him back.

If we can get him back at any point I would be happy.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If Glenn is back before Thanksgiving, I'd be shocked. He thinks coming back too early from his earlier injury caused this one - not what the doctors believe, but Terry's med school experience must tell him otherwise. He has a history of being a bit slow to come back from injury. He noted he wanted to come back for a shot at the super bowl.

All this points toward Glenn missing as many regular season games as he possibly can.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BlackJackMurphy;1704249 said:
Is he going to be back for the Minny game? or after the break? news on him has just seemed to stop.

And do you think his return could actually be a bad thing as Hurd has emerged , or is beginning to emerge.
The original projections were the game after the bye week. No real updates since.

abersonc;1704255 said:
If Glenn is back before Thanksgiving, I'd be shocked.
The estimates were 4-6 weeks. If he comes back after the Thanksgiving game, that'll be 13 weeks.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
theogt;1704267 said:
The estimates were 4-6 weeks. If he comes back after the Thanksgiving game, that'll be 13 weeks.

4-6 weeks for a regular player, not a lollygagger.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
theogt;1704267 said:
The original projections were the game after the bye week. No real updates since.

If I were guessing i'd guess another month.

I dont think 4-6 weeks is going to be enough with an injury this severe.

This is his most likely last go around so if we can get him for just the final 3 games going into the playoffs @ 95 % that would be great.

I've heard a lot of reports say its 50/50 he comes back.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CATCH17;1704278 said:
If I were guessing i'd guess another month.

I dont think 4-6 weeks is going to be enough with an injury this severe.

This is his most likely last go around so if we can get him for just the final 3 games going into the playoffs @ 95 % that would be great.

I've heard a lot of reports say its 50/50 he comes back.
The game after the bye week is 8 weeks. That's about a month after the best case scenario projection. That's probably plenty of time to heal physically. Whether he's mentally ready is a whole other story.

JaiRiid

Reaction score
FWIW, this is from yahoo fantasy stuff.

Oct 9 Dallas Cowboys WR Terry Glenn (knee) is closer to beginning running now that he is in his sixth week of recovery from surgery.
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/kffl/SIG=11idajbbb/*http://www.kffl.com/entry/index_yahoo_news.php
Oct 5 Glenn has reportedly started the rehab process following surgery on his knee, according to the Dallas Morning News. Advice: Glenn underwent microfracture surgery on his right knee in hopes he'll be able to play again this season. Doctors told the Cowboys that it will be four or five weeks from the procedure until he'll be available to play meaning there's a chance he could be ready to play in a few weeks.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
JaiRiid;1704289 said:
FWIW, this is from yahoo fantasy stuff.

Oct 9 Dallas Cowboys WR Terry Glenn (knee) is closer to beginning running now that he is in his sixth week of recovery from surgery.
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/kffl/SIG=11idajbbb/*http://www.kffl.com/entry/index_yahoo_news.php
Oct 5 Glenn has reportedly started the rehab process following surgery on his knee, according to the Dallas Morning News. Advice: Glenn underwent microfracture surgery on his right knee in hopes he'll be able to play again this season. Doctors told the Cowboys that it will be four or five weeks from the procedure until he'll be available to play meaning there's a chance he could be ready to play in a few weeks.

Well, since they indicated the wrong surgery there, I'd be skeptical about the accuracy of other stuff in the report.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc;1704291 said:
Well, since they indicated the wrong surgery there, I'd be skeptical about the accuracy of other stuff in the report.

He did not have Microfracture, he will be playing real, real soon :)

Mansta54

Reaction score
I heard Mickey on "Talking Cowboys" last week say that TG was sprinting..

sago1

Reaction score
Since he didn't undergo microfructure surgery & op to remove cartridge was performed on Septemer 13 with best estimate of return was 4-6 weeks. Cowboys certainly won't rush him back although if he still retains his speed we sure need him. Hurd has come on and Crayton has done a good job but neither have Glenn's speed/hands which much needed.

Supposedly Miles Austin has good speed as does Isiah Stanbach but doubtful anything like Glenn but then most WRs don't.

Read that our defense having trouble covering Stanbach in practice. I know there's already been a discussion as to why Stanbach active for Bills game. What I don't understand is why the media doesn't ask Phillips about Stanbach, etc. I just think the Dallas media is to lazy to dig for articles and seems to expect info to be provided to them on which they base their reporting.

Depending on outcome of Sunday game, maybe I'll send email to Talking Cowboys asking them why he was active, etc. Maybe will also ask about how Free/Marten working out in practice. Realize the media only allowed for first 30 minutes but there so much real Cowboy fans want to know.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Mansta54;1704317 said:
I heard Mickey on "Talking Cowboys" last week say that TG was sprinting..

Thats the best news I've heard all week, take your time TG - save those knees for the playoffs when it counts.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I predict he will be back after the bye week for the Philly game. But I also predict I'll win the lotto every week. I have a very bad prediction %. But it may improve if I would actually buy a lottery ticket. :laugh2:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Having TG back for the second half of the season would be simply great.

That stretch of divisional games is going to be tough.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't want him back unless he is 100 percent. This gives Hurd more time to step into the role which he'll probably keep... besides, TO, Witten and Crayton are playing phenomenally, and we still have yet to use Fasano more.

When Glenn is back 100 percent then we will have a legit deep threat.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BouncingCheese;1704400 said:
Honestly I wouldn't want him back unless he is 100 percent. This gives Hurd more time to step into the role which he'll probably keep... besides, TO, Witten and Crayton are playing phenomenally, and we still have yet to use Fasano more.

When Glenn is back 100 percent then we will have a legit deep threat.
Hurd doesn't impress me at all. In fact, in every game he looks more and more like an undrafted FA.

BlackJackMurphy

Benched
Reaction score
I'm mixed on this - I like Hurd alot - I like his run away ability - but I'm not sure we have a field stretcher without Glenn and I think Buffalo said, ga head beat us deep - you can't .