Terry Glenn news?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BouncingCheese;1704400 said:
Honestly I wouldn't want him back unless he is 100 percent. This gives Hurd more time to step into the role which he'll probably keep... besides, TO, Witten and Crayton are playing phenomenally, and we still have yet to use Fasano more.

When Glenn is back 100 percent then we will have a legit deep threat.
Glenn won't be 100% at all this year.

Glenn @ 75% > Sam Hurd

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
theogt;1704406 said:
Hurd doesn't impress me at all. In fact, in every game he looks more and more like an undrafted FA.
yea, undrafted FAs know just how to handle an onside kick.

they catch everything thrown to them, even when not much.

we have our "stars" who will command lots of time and their share of the action. hurd isn't there yet so you can' compare him to TO or something. for where he is, he's doing just fine.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
iceberg;1704446 said:
yea, undrafted FAs know just how to handle an onside kick.

they catch everything thrown to them, even when not much.

we have our "stars" who will command lots of time and their share of the action. hurd isn't there yet so you can' compare him to TO or something. for where he is, he's doing just fine.
He's got nice hands, so yeah, he's going to catch what comes his way. The problem is that he's not going to get open very often in order to throw to him, because he's not particularly fast or strong. One catch per game just isn't going to cut it.

It's great that he made a heads-up special teams play. But I don't usually evaluate special teams when I'm looking at whether a person is going to be a good wide receiver.

J-DOG

Reaction score
theogt;1704452 said:
He's got nice hands, so yeah, he's going to catch what comes his way. The problem is that he's not going to get open very often in order to throw to him, because he's not particularly fast or strong. One catch per game just isn't going to cut it.

It's great that he made a heads-up special teams play. But I don't usually evaluate special teams when I'm looking at whether a person is going to be a good wide receiver.
He's the third wr on the team right now with Glenn's injury....He's doing fine.
Could we use an upgrade in our wr unit?
I think next draft that will be addressed. But I have no problem with Hurd's play right now.
Saying Hurd is not doing good enough is like saying Tony Curtis is slacking.
Makes no sense.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
J-DOG;1704462 said:
He's the third wr on the team right now with Glenn's injury....He's doing fine.
Could we use an upgrade in our wr unit?
I think next draft that will be addressed. But I have no problem with Hurd's play right now.
Saying Hurd is not doing good enough is like saying Tony Curtis is slacking.
Makes no sense.
Through 5 games, the 3rd WR should have more than 6 catches. Regardless, that's not what I'm basing my opinion on. I don't like the way he looks on the field. He's not fast and he doesn't use his body to get open. He's not a long-term answer at 3rd WR. He's a 4th stringer at most.

J-DOG

Reaction score
theogt;1704468 said:
Through 5 games, the 3rd WR should have more than 6 catches. Regardless, that's not what I'm basing my opinion on. I don't like the way he looks on the field. He's not fast and he doesn't use his body to get open. He's not a long-term answer at 3rd WR. He's a 4th stringer at most.
Our offense is doing better than last year.
Hurd is not the problem.
On offense Romo's ball security and ability to check down is the main weakness I see.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
J-DOG;1704476 said:
Our offense is doing better than last year.
Hurd is not the problem.
On offense Romo's ball security and ability to check down is the main weakness I see.
Tony might not have to check down to a back or TE if Hurd could get open more.

cowboys19

Reaction score
theogt;1704477 said:

I agree with theogt.

Hurd has nice hands and VERY good body control. But its pretty obvious his route running could use some work, his speed is average at best, and he gets pushed off his route far to often when the DB jams him. Right now he is a average 3rd WR at best.

JMHO

cowboys19

Reaction score
AS for Crayton he is what i like to call a great 3rd WR. BUT he is only IMO an average 2nd WR.

besides Stanback, i don't think we really have any one to take over for TO, and Glenn when they hang it up, or switch teams. WR is a big need IMO.

J-DOG

Reaction score
theogt;1704477 said:
If you were a scout and watched the coaches tape I would believe that theory.
Otherwise it's just speculation.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cowboys19;1704494 said:
AS for Crayton he is what i like to call a great 3rd WR. BUT he is only IMO an average 2nd WR.

besides Stanback, i don't think we really have any one to take over for TO, and Glenn when they hang it up, or switch teams. WR is a big need IMO.
Watch Early Doucet in half an hour on CBS. He's a mid-first round pick, but because he's missed much of the season due to injury he could drop to our late first-round pick. He's got great speed, decent size, and excellent ball skills/body control.

cowboys19

Reaction score
J-DOG;1704500 said:
If you were a scout and watched the coaches tape I would believe that theory.
Otherwise it's just speculation.

What other possibility is there?

Tony doesn't like Hurd? Tony doesn't trust Hurd? Possibly but i doubt that. Tony says all the time he throws to the open man. Now as we found out monday night, that doesnt always happen, but ill take his word for it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
theogt;1704406 said:
Hurd doesn't impress me at all. In fact, in every game he looks more and more like an undrafted FA.

All the guy does is find ways to make big plays with his limited amount of opportunities.

Your watching a different game man.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Hurd is nothing special. He is right up there with JJ. I don't see either of them here next seson.

cowboys19

Reaction score
CATCH17;1704508 said:
All the guy does is find ways to make big plays with his limited amount of opportunities.

Your watching a different game man.

1 BIG play at WR. In 5 Games, i wouldn't write home about that. He also dropped a Touchdown that would have tied the game vs Buffalo, now it was a pretty tough catch, but he needed that catch.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1704510 said:
Hurd is nothing special. He is right up there with JJ. I don't see either of them here next seson.
I don't see any reason to cut him. Crayton might not be affordable and if anyone thinks Glenn is ever going to have a 16 game season again is nut.

cowboys19

Reaction score
theogt;1704513 said:
I don't see any reason to cut him. Crayton might not be affordable and if anyone thinks Glenn is ever going to have a 16 game season again is nut.

I agree that i think Crayton is going to ask for more money than he should get and we CAN'T overpay him, thats when teams start to get into trouble. Its fine if you overpay a bit at the premium positions like QB DLINE OLINE, but WR? nope.

cowboys19

Reaction score
My Dream Scenario is to let Crayton go after the year, have Hurd, Stanback, and the Drafted WR compete for the 3rd WR spot. Draft a WR with potential to be a #1/Star WR, in the early rounds, and let him develop so when Glenn and TO leave we will be ok.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
cowboys19;1704522 said:
My Dream Scenario is to let Crayton go after the year, have Hurd, Stanback, and the Drafted WR compete for the 3rd WR spot. Draft a WR with potential to be a #1/Star WR, in the early rounds, and let him develop so when Glenn and TO leave we will be ok.

:bang2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cowboys19;1704522 said:
I think we'll see: (1) TO, (2) Draft Choice, (3) Stanback/Hurd.

We could see that line up for several more years if TO is extended (which I'd bet good money he is). I don't want to lose Crayton, but I'm not sure we can afford what he'll be asking for. And there's no doubt we can find a WR to match his production in this draft.