Terry Glenn news?

cowboys19

Reaction score
theogt;1704529 said:
I think we'll see: (1) TO, (2) Draft Choice, (3) Stanback/Hurd.

We could see that line up for several more years if TO is extended (which I'd bet good money he is). I don't want to lose Crayton, but I'm not sure we can afford what he'll be asking for. And there's no doubt we can find a WR to match his production in this draft.

I guess your assuming Glenns knee's are about done? if thats the case i think you nailed it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cowboys19;1704532 said:
I guess your assuming Glenns knee's are about done? if thats the case i think you nailed it.
Not sure, but I'd assume he's scheduled for a big roster bonus this off-season like last, which was $5 million. He's scheduled to make a base of about $1.7 million. Getting half a season, at most, out of him isn't worth that much.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
cowboys19;1704522 said:
My Dream Scenario is to let Crayton go after the year, have Hurd, Stanback, and the Drafted WR compete for the 3rd WR spot. Draft a WR with potential to be a #1/Star WR, in the early rounds, and let him develop so when Glenn and TO leave we will be ok.

Let a WR develop?

Didn't we JUST do that with Crayton?

Folks need to stop playing the grass is greener and be happy we managed to develop a #2 WR out of nothing.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboys19;1704530 said:
He is going to want too much money, just watch.
all free agents are going to want a bunch of money. I'd rather pay a homegrown free agent than go pay another established receiver from another system.

Should Glenn retire, I'd really hate to go into next season with T.O. and then Hurd, Stanback, Austin/draft pick.

cowboys19

Reaction score
Maybe its just me but i don't feel comfortable with Crayton as our #2. I feel like he is most dangerous as a 3, and a 3 shouldnt get paid that much.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc;1704569 said:
Let a WR develop?

Didn't we JUST do that with Crayton?

Folks need to stop playing the grass is greener and be happy we managed to develop a #2 WR out of nothing.
Come on. No one actually thinks Crayton is going to be sufficient when both TO and Glenn are gone do they? He's talking about developing a #1. Of course, we could do that while keeping Crayton.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
What WR has the best hands on the team? Crayton, oh yeah, let's just let the guy go after the season.

Are you insane. He is a legit #2 WR. Pay the man. Other than that dropped TD, when he had a messed up pinky, he has been superb this year.

If we draft Adarius Bowman and keep Crayton.....I feel that these two will be an awesome duo to watch for many years.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Glenn is done after the year. Owens remains, they should also try to re-sign Crayton...but it wouldn't kill me if he leaves.

I would seriously explore finding a legitimate #1 to replace T.O eventually and that guy would be Fitzgerald. If not, draft one in the first few rounds and sign a solid #2 in free agency.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I would be very upset if Crayton was allowed to leave after the year. Like I said, he catches everything in sight. Romo already has a rapport with him. He catches a lot of 3rd down passes......

Sorry, but I just don't understand how you guys can complain that we need WRs and at the same time allow the one guy on our team with the best hands and who makes clutch catch after clutch catch just walk on by....

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If Crayton can be kept, then do it, but don't go over board in the spending. If Crayton does leave, we need Stanback to take over the number 2 role (please God let him be good) draft a future take-over for TO, and while he's trying to develope, he can play 3rd WR.

Hurd/Austin and whomever else we draft can battle it out at the 3 on down.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1704576 said:
What WR has the best hands on the team? Crayton, oh yeah, let's just let the guy go after the season.

Are you insane. He is a legit #2 WR. Pay the man. Other than that dropped TD, when he had a messed up pinky, he has been superb this year.

If we draft Adarius Bowman and keep Crayton.....I feel that these two will be an awesome duo to watch for many years.

No one on our team has better hands then Glenn

No WR is quicker than Glenn

No WR gets better separation than Glenn

I hope we get him back ASAP. MAKES US MORE LETHAL.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors;1704737 said:
No one on our team has better hands then Glenn

No WR is quicker than Glenn

No WR gets better separation than Glenn

I hope we get him back ASAP. MAKES US MORE LETHAL.
No WR runs better routes than Glenn. Added that for ya.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I have no idea why people give Glenn a negative chance on coming back.

Other than Hitzges saying bad things with nothing to back it up I have seen not one shred of evidence that would indicate that he is behind schedule on his rehab. Actually, i have heard a couple reports indicate that his rehan is progressing well.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Crayton is doing a great job and Hurd is more then ready.....

GO COWBOYS!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;1704922 said:
I have no idea why people give Glenn a negative chance on coming back.

Other than Hitzges saying bad things with nothing to back it up I have seen not one shred of evidence that would indicate that he is behind schedule on his rehab. Actually, i have heard a couple reports indicate that his rehan is progressing well.
For me, it's a matter of him not being same Glenn pre-injury. Him coming back this year would obviously improve the WR corp.

But based on what I've read about the condition of his knee, he may not be the same player, so there will be questions on whether Jerry will pay him next year.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1704570 said:
all free agents are going to want a bunch of money. I'd rather pay a homegrown free agent than go pay another established receiver from another system.

Should Glenn retire, I'd really hate to go into next season with T.O. and then Hurd, Stanback, Austin/draft pick.

:hammer:

re-signing Crayton would be a solid investment, esp. since rookie WRs tend to do diddly-poo their 1st year in the league

JerryFan

Reaction score
theogt;1704452 said:
He's got nice hands, so yeah, he's going to catch what comes his way. The problem is that he's not going to get open very often in order to throw to him, because he's not particularly fast or strong. One catch per game just isn't going to cut it.

It's great that he made a heads-up special teams play. But I don't usually evaluate special teams when I'm looking at whether a person is going to be a good wide receiver.

WOW, does Jerry have you on his staff? Thats a pretty good eye to tell that threw all of 5 games so far in his ROOKIE season. I'm not saying he's going to be a star, but jeez let's let the kid get some seasoning before we start saying he can't cut it.