Terry Glenn's fumble shouldnt have happened BECAUSE....

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Tuna Helper;1295514 said:
We gave up 8 and almost 9 instead by challenging that play. Remember, they get the ball back after getting the safety on a free kick.

Free kicks almost always result in good field position. I would have cut my losses and moved on.

You cant assume we are gonna give up a TD.

Are you a prophet?

I thought you were the guy who threw his cowboy stuff away so why do you care enough to be here anyway?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
When you challenge the play, which Parcells did, they look at the entire play and rule on anything they see. We've all seen challenges on fumbles or out of bounds and had a surprise when the play was called incomplete.

If it was incomplete, they would have called it. It was a perfect pass...from what I saw, Glenn caught it cleanly, stumbled as he tried to run, put his hands down with the ball to steady himself, and was just tucking it under his arm when the defender knocked it out.

As it turned out, we'd have been better off if Parcells hadn't challenged, though he was right to do so...the td would have tied the game and we'd have been receiving with 6 minutes left. Instead, Seattle got the 2 points and good field position that ultimately led to another quick 6.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
wayne_motley;1295565 said:
When you challenge the play, which Parcells did, they look at the entire play and rule on anything they see. We've all seen challenges on fumbles or out of bounds and had a surprise when the play was called incomplete.

If it was incomplete, they would have called it. It was a perfect pass...from what I saw, Glenn caught it cleanly, stumbled as he tried to run, put his hands down with the ball to steady himself, and was just tucking it under his arm when the defender knocked it out.

As it turned out, we'd have been better off if Parcells hadn't challenged, though he was right to do so...the td would have tied the game and we'd have been receiving with 6 minutes left. Instead, Seattle got the 2 points and good field position that ultimately led to another quick 6.

Again... you dont give up 6 when it could only be 2.

You dont assume the team is gonna march down field after a free kick.

People think they are so smart after they see the result.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is not like it matters now anyways...really do not too much time fighting in a thread on a message board about something that is not going to make a ant turd worth of difference.

At MOST you might get some refs admitting they made a mistake but it is not like they are going to do anything about it and give the cowboys a post game victory.

And who knows what would have happened even if they did say it was an incomplete pass.

The very next play Romo could have thrown an INT, fumbled the ball, another player could have fumbled the ball. We don't know and it does not make a difference now.

We lost the game.

fweegy

Reaction score
wayne_motley;1295565 said:

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a winner

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;1295535 said:
"everyone is an expert AFTER the fact..."

look, giving up 2 pts is a whole lot better than giving up 7. the defense wasnt playing awful that night.

NO! I was questioning the challenge when Parcells made it. There was no benefit to giving up 2 points only to give the Seattle offense good field position, and plenty of clock to work with for the go ahead TD.

I would want MY offense to have the ball midway through the 4th quarter, not theirs. Especially with the score tied, and plenty of time for a nice, time consuming drive.

The timing of the play and the challenge made no sense to me. I would want my offense to have the ball back instead of theirs at that point in the game.

Don't get me wrong, if that play happened in the first 3 quarters of the game, then I wouldn't be questioning the challenge. At the stage of the game we were in, we couldn't afford to give the ball back to their offense.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1295586 said:
It is not like it matters now anyways...really do not too much time fighting in a thread on a message board about something that is not going to make a ant turd worth of difference.

At MOST you might get some refs admitting they made a mistake but it is not like they are going to do anything about it and give the cowboys a post game victory.

And who knows what would have happened even if they did say it was an incomplete pass.

The very next play Romo could have thrown an INT, fumbled the ball, another player could have fumbled the ball. We don't know and it does not make a difference now.

We lost the game.

So we cant discuss what happened in the game and only the future of our team?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
smarta5150;1295614 said:
So we cant discuss what happened in the game and only the future of our team?

Sure...but no need to get agitated discussing it and acting like those that don't agree with you are wrong or only after the play smart.

Just something to consider.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1295630 said:
Sure...but no need to get agitated discussing it and acting like those that don't agree with you are wrong or only after the play smart.

Just something to consider.

I didnt get agitated.

All I said was I cant wait til someone gets the video up and we can all agree TG never had control.

I thought we were discussing the play minus all the "you shouldnt be a ref" talk which I didnt get involved.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
smarta5150;1295584 said:
Again... you dont give up 6 when it could only be 2.

You dont assume the team is gonna march down field after a free kick.

People think they are so smart after they see the result.

Do you even read the whole post? First of all, you were the one arguing for an inc pass which is what I addressed...as for the 2points or 6, I wrote "As it turned out, we'd have been better off if Parcells hadn't challenged, though he was right to do so..." So you reply to my post makes no sense.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
wayne_motley;1295669 said:
Do you even read the whole post? First of all, you were the one arguing for an inc pass which is what I addressed...as for the 2points or 6, I wrote "As it turned out, we'd have been better off if Parcells hadn't challenged, though he was right to do so..." So you reply to my post makes no sense.

I apoogize.

I mistaken you for the fortune teller.

My bad man.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
I was screaming that for ten minutes. It hit the ground, had no control till he picked it up and made a football move.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
smarta5150;1295685 said:
I apoogize.

I mistaken you for the fortune teller.

My bad man.

no problem...the whole play shook our world though.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I've seen a replay of the play. It was a judgment call. It appeared Terry Glenn caught the ball turned to make a move, fell and used the ball to break his fall and then the ball was knocked out of his hand.

It was a border line call. Nothing to call the referring incompetent over.

He shouldn't have dropped it, bottom line.

He catches it and dodges the corner, and we have a long gain and posters are cheering it as gutsy play calling.

He does what he does, and we're debating about whether it was a catch, a non-catch or whether we should have even called the play.

Doesn't matter.

We self-destructed, as we did all season.

Maybe next season we work out all these "bugs" and play error-free or as close to error-free as possible.