Twitter: Texans fired HC and GM Bill O’Brien

ShortRound

Reaction score
Jerry needs to fire our HC and GM!

It's way overdue:

In an interview that aired before Sunday Night Football, Bob Costas asked Jones whether he'd have fired himself as general manager following his team's years of struggling:

"Well, I think so, because he was there to dismiss. I've always worked for myself and you can't do that. You basically have to straighten that guy out in the mirror when you work for yourself. But certainly, if I'd had the discretion, I've done it with coaches and certainly I would have changed a general manager."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/04/jerry-jones-fire-self-general-manager/1682333/

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And they're now left with the destruction left in his wake.

Incredible that they would allow him to make the deals that he did - like with Tunsil and then Hopkins - and then pull the plug soon afterwards. No plan, no clue.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
AYe......something had to be done on Monday.......I respect it. This team should've made a similar move. Something had to be done.....and its 4:08 and it appears nothing will be.

But damn can you imagine trading away Hopkins and then getting fired lol? They should've fired him before they got rid of Hopkins lol.
So you think McCarthy should be fired 4 games in?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And they're now left with the destruction left in his wake.

Incredible that they would allow him to make the deals that he did - like with Tunsil and then Hopkins - and then pull the plug soon afterwards. No plan, no clue.
That's what I don't get. His punishment should've been to have him coach this team and take his GM title. These guys are the worst team in the league which means....Miami is on track to be picking with the 1st pick in the draft. They don't even have a 1st or 2nd round pick to get better.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Houston's GM is worst than ours. Now our GM is the worst in the NFL. We should fire ours too to set an example.

Jerry needs to get with it and fire our GM!

Reactions: BAT