Twitter: Texans fired HC and GM Bill O’Brien

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They gave up a lot in the Tunsil deal as well.
Damn....well yeah that might be up there too.

This is a prime example of why I don't do these type of trades. It just isn't worth it you are truly never a player away in the NFL. No matter how many teams convince themselves of it....its never true.

Reactions: CWR

DenCWBY

Reaction score
It's way overdue:

In an interview that aired before Sunday Night Football, Bob Costas asked Jones whether he'd have fired himself as general manager following his team's years of struggling:

"Well, I think so, because he was there to dismiss. I've always worked for myself and you can't do that. You basically have to straighten that guy out in the mirror when you work for yourself. But certainly, if I'd had the discretion, I've done it with coaches and certainly I would have changed a general manager."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/04/jerry-jones-fire-self-general-manager/1682333/
If they were smart they would go get Callahan from Cleveland as an OC. If we were smart we would beat them to the punch.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Will McClay is the only person with a workable knowledge of talent evaluation
His free agent acquisitions have not been great.

Benson Mayowa?
Nolan Carroll?
Cedric Thornton?
Gerald McCoy?
Dontari Poe?
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
His free agent acquisitions have not been great.

Benson Mayowa?
Nolan Carroll?
Cedric Thornton?
Gerald McCoy?
Dontari Poe?
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix?

Was he the person responsible for each and every one of these moves or was Jerry and Stephen the catalysts as well? This needs to be examined closely, before wise decisions can be forthcoming.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I will miss the crap trades.

Bet he's on the Pats' staff next week

Reactions: CWR

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Black Monday came early. Would not be surprised more firings this year.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Was he the person responsible for each and every one of these moves or was Jerry and Stephen the catalysts as well? This needs to be examined closely, before wise decisions can be forthcoming.
Like McCarthy, he's in the position he is in because he allows the Jones to come and go as they please in decision-making matters. They're comfortable.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Like McCarthy, he's in the position he is in because he allows the Jones to come and go as they please in decision-making matters. They're comfortable.

Jerry has manifested his wishes with each and every head coach he had since Jimmy. If he were only a true pro football manager, it'd be ideal.

Mike Nolan is due, if not overdue, to make simplification adjustments to allow this version of the Dallas defense to be a successful undertaking.

Praxit

Reaction score
...0-4....lol. Yep, that will do it. To much talent on that team, to be win-less right now.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
i love your posts but no way is McCarthy worse than garrett.

I hope Big Mike will be more willing to assert himself if he wants to avoid being the next Jerry's puppet (assuming he's not already.)

Let's face it -- Jerry is a real control freak, who lives and breathes to prove himself to be a real "football guy." Big Mike must beware.

Last edited: