Twitter: Texans fired HC and GM Bill O’Brien

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Let him go.

So overrated by this fan base.

and before someone says "Teams wanted him a few years ago"

Teams wanted Kris Richard as a head coach 2 years ago... Now he's out of football.
How can you overrate or underrate McClay when you have no idea what he does? You can pretend like you do but you have no clue.

CWR

Reaction score
And they're now left with the destruction left in his wake.

Incredible that they would allow him to make the deals that he did - like with Tunsil and then Hopkins - and then pull the plug soon afterwards. No plan, no clue.

I know a few Texan fans, and they are extra pissed knowing no matter how bad they are this year they dont have a 1st. Lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So you think McCarthy should be fired 4 games in?
I would've fired him but not that's what I meant and thats not realistic. I'm saying they should've made a big move. Something to show this team and fanbase that what's being displayed isn't acceptable. Hell even Garrett and co. fired the offensive line coach two years ago. This team didn't even do that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I don't get. His punishment should've been to have him coach this team and take his GM title. These guys are the worst team in the league which means....Miami is on track to be picking with the 1st pick in the draft. They don't even have a 1st or 2nd round pick to get better.

You don't allow a guy to make generational decisions on players, draft picks, and salary cap and then rashly decide to dump him, that's for sure.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm sure Jerry needs to fire his GM -- his HC hasn't had sufficient time, imho, to justify his hiring. His GM has had far too long already and should have been dismissed decades ago. Too bad the owner and GM are one and the same. Otherwise, it would have been done long ago. Will McClay is the only person with a workable knowledge of talent evaluation. Let him go and additional problems would likely follow. (jmho) This team needs legitimate help!