Texans Hail Mary play was wayyyy to close

I said the same thing after it happened .. people have no idea how close it was.

They're not even considering the receiver who almost grabbed it when it fell near the ground.
 
yea....quit trying to catch it and bat it down. it went through a cowboy's hands and almost into two texan players' hands. a loss like that would have bankrupted me as far as cowboys are concerned.
 
I didn't like the strategy of sending nobody at all after the QB. Send 2 or 3 and try to get a little pressure. Stroud had no pressure or impediments in his way of throwing that ball.
 
....dont worry fellas, I'm sure that will come up during game film recap.
 
I didn't like the strategy of sending nobody at all after the QB. Send 2 or 3 and try to get a little pressure. Stroud had no pressure or impediments in his way of throwing that ball.
I mean I get dropping everyone back in coverage what I don’t get is day delayed rushers….that does nothing.
 
I thought he caught it initially. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when the Cowboys players were gesturing “no good “ the Jim Nantz said the game was over.
 
I posted something somewhere today along the same lines.

That was like a coin flip for a win. You’ve got the middle of the field covered but allow Stroud to set up perfectly for his pass. At least try to make him fling it a bit or throw off his back foot. That was a weirdo call that they are lucky worked.

If Houston scored on that all the other bonehead stuff would be called out today. Really, really close to a very different day
 
Interceptions lead to accolades.

Accolades lead to higher pay, hosting bonuses, etc.

So, no, it’s not surprising that a player would risk a win/loss for better individual stats in pursuit of being paid more.
 
Hooker deflected it, so it wouldn't have been caught. I think he tried to bat it down.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,161
Messages
14,670,500
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top