Texans Hail Mary play was wayyyy to close

Batting it down isn’t always safe either. If there are receivers who know they don’t have a chance, they would get in front of where the ball would be spiked and they can catch it off of the spike. I remember a Jax game where they won off of a spike and another game where the receiver almost caught it after a spike off of memory.
A lot of receivers snatch the ball off a defenders hands while they're trying to bat it down. That's why some coaches tell their players to just catch it. You have to get two hands on the ball to bat it down properly anyway. So to some it makes sense for a player to go ahead and try to catch it.
 
All Hooker needs to do is bat it down. Why go for the pick
Exactly, made the mistake most DBs make, try to be the hero and intercept it. The ball went through his hands and could have been caught by the Texan. Got lucky there. Just jump into the bus and get on I-45 as quick as you can.
 
I mean I get dropping everyone back in coverage what I don’t get is day delayed rushers….that does nothing.
I couldn’t see who it was but I thought it wouldn’t be a terrible idea to have intermediate defenders.

Think Tyreek Hill play vs us in 2017.

If that’s not a threat, then those intermediate defenders can rush
 
I mean I get dropping everyone back in coverage what I don’t get is day delayed rushers….that does nothing.
I think the delayed rushers were making sure they didn't try the short pass and multiple laterals. When Houston sent all the receivers to the end zone, the short-zone defenders were supposed to rush to cause Stroud to throw it. I mean, the choices for them would have been just to sit there or try to rush after all the receivers went deep.
 
I posted something somewhere today along the same lines.

That was like a coin flip for a win. You’ve got the middle of the field covered but allow Stroud to set up perfectly for his pass. At least try to make him fling it a bit or throw off his back foot. That was a weirdo call that they are lucky worked.

If Houston scored on that all the other bonehead stuff would be called out today. Really, really close to a very different day
Absolutely.

CP out-smarting himself again smh. Rush 3. Drop 8. And consider bringing in Pickens and Lamb just to get a “hands” team out there.

And bat the ball down. You shouldn’t have to explain this stuff to “professionals”… but seriously, coaches and players: Do Better.
 
I remain stunned that they allowed him to get off a clean pass uncontested. Came too damn close to back firing.

A win is a win but it’s clear to see that the staff, absent getting a whole lot better on the fly, is going to cost this team at some point, but that’s Jerry ball for you. He is comfortable and that’s all that counts.
 
Another game decided by an inch.

Is that exactly how much the Cowboys were better?

All five 0-4 teams have been scored on less.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,194
Messages
14,671,920
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top