Signed by Cowboys Texans trade DT Eli Ankou to Dallas Cowboys for seventh rd pick

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree with you...

why fans react this way ill never understand,

and im betting many , never heard of this guy yet take another thread and turn it into another FO dont know jack and its another mistake. They take shots every chance they get to be anti Jerry, its mistake before it happens..

its is simple, this isnt a Jerry move as most arent, they have a scouting department and when a player at certain positions are cut, traded, or inured the Scouts comb the nfl rosters to get player or two to take that depleted spot "as depth"

Jerry is brought these lists and they go over them and make a consensus on who to bring in..

its 7th people , calm the bleep down..!!
Yup.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
6' 3" 325 pounds

26 Years Old

Born in Ottawa, Canada

Career Stats 2017-2020

20 Games 26 Tackles 1.5 Sacks

Dallas just traded a 7th round pick for nothing more than a warm body, not any chance of a play maker.

Fine print: Likes to eat

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Never heard of this guy.
Neither has the Texans. He probably worked security at the Texan's practice field and one of the the Texan's coaches said " Hey you want to get over on Jerry Jones? One of the coaches said hell yeah, so they told the security dude that he was being traded to the Cowboys for a draft pick and the security guy said Wait a minute do I still get to eat with the team and some Texan coach probably told the security dude hell yeah all you can eat, at that point the security dude said I'm in.............

eromeopolk

Reaction score
He is a more in shape with less speed than Don Poe

Pro Day Results
Dates: 03/21/17
Hand: 10 1/8 Arm: 32 1/4
Wingspan: 81 1/2

Height: 6031
Weight: 331
40 Yrd Dash: 5.21
20 Yrd Dash: 3.00
10 Yrd Dash: 1.76 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 31
Vertical Jump: 30
Broad Jump: 09'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.84
3-Cone Drill: 8.15

40 Time Range: 5.16-5.25

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, Hou picks him up off waivers then fleeces us for a 7th round pick. I thought Hou was the dumb front office.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yeah, but what a motor...
giphy.gif

Great leverage.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, Hou picks him up off waivers then fleeces us for a 7th round pick. I thought Hou was the dumb front office.
"Fleeces" is a pretty strong word. Remember 7th rounders have about a 3% or less chance of making the 53.

It's a cheap price to see if someone who has been around the league and knows the NFL can fit our system.

Basically the Cowboys get 10 time period to evaluate him before a decision needs to be made next August final cuts.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Fleeces" is a pretty strong word. Remember 7th rounders have about a 3% or less chance of making the 53.

It's a cheap price to see if someone who has been around the league and knows the NFL can fit our system.

Basically the Cowboys get 10 time period to evaluate him before a decision needs to be made next August final cuts.
Sorry man, gotta disagree. He was available on waivers two weeks ago. Sure a 7th rounder is a small price but it is still a price for a guy that was free across the league two weeks ago and hasn’t played a down this entire season for any nfl team.

What has he done in two weeks to raise his price other than our desperation? Yes a 7th rounder is a long shot but not as much as a guy off waivers. Draft picks are capital.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry man, gotta disagree. He was available on waivers two weeks ago. Sure a 7th rounder is a small price but it is still a price for a guy that was free across the league two weeks ago and hasn’t played a down this entire season for any nfl team.

What has he done in two weeks to raise his price other than our desperation? Yes a 7th rounder is a long shot but not as much as a guy off waivers. Draft picks are capital.
You over value 7th rounders. 7th round picks aren't draft capital at all. All they really are is a tool. A way of keeping your favorite UDFA so they can't sign with another team in case you aren't the highest bidder.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You over value 7th rounders. 7th round picks aren't draft capital at all. All they really are is a tool. A way of keeping your favorite UDFA so they can't sign with another team in case you aren't the highest bidder.
I hear you. But we got Robert Quinn last year in a trade for a 6th round pick. Is this guy anywhere close to that level? No. We can certainly agree to disagree. I just wouldn’t give up a draft pick for a guy who hasn’t played since 2019 and was available on waivers two weeks ago. It’s a small price, but a price nonetheless.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
A Brown's writer in 2019 said he, "carries too much sloppy weight and isn't a good pass rusher."
Hope that wasn't accurate or that he has changed, otherwise, it's just a Poe rerun.
Whew! For a second there I thought we were gonna be competitive. Glad to see that's not the case. What a relief!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
At least, it wasn't anything more than a measly 7th round pick this time.

As badly as we need a DT, maybe it wasn't the worst idea we've had this season.

To say the least, he probably couldn't be any worse than Poe was! I'm guessing we'll see. ;)

Last edited:

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
again I will reiterate there has to be a legit reason that the coaching and management teams saw to spend a 7th on this guy....I’m going to assume as fans we are not privy to it

but I’m sure there will be dozens more responses just like yours stating it’s bc of our front offices ineptitude or bc we have a penchant for pain and losing...etc. I’m going to stick with there’s something we don’t know being decided by football people that know much more than us
I'm with you on this one.

They know a heck of a lot more than we do. And at least they are trying to do something.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score

Thanks for sharing.

I realize it's college, but he seems to get a good push and gets his hands up when he can't get to the QB. He doesn't move in college like he's carrying "sloppy weight".

They tried something, and I'm all for it. Texans had the waiver claim before we did so he's someone we may have wanted. Don't mind trading a 7th if the scouts/coaches like the guy.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
While I do see where you are coming from, All draft picks a valuable. Please note that our most recent 7th round pick is currently our starting QB. Not exactly by choice, but still.