News: Texas Forever? Kris Richard Appears Closer to Staying with Cowboys

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Pass2Run, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

8,829 Messages
    10,364 Likes Received
    Y'all need to stop with that disrespect. Dude was getting HC buzz since mid season. He's qualified and getting a legit shot.

Ranching likes this.
  2. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

4,565 Messages
    6,758 Likes Received
    Richard can go a long way towards cementing his name in HC discussions with a good secondary showing tonight.

3. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

10,742 Messages
    8,172 Likes Received
    Feel better?

4. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

7,924 Messages
    6,983 Likes Received
    The Rooney rule was put in place mainly because minority coaches weren’t even getting interviews. I don’t think it has become a joke. Even getting the interview is a great help to a candidate. They can better prepare for their next one. There has been a big increase in minority coaches since it was implemented but you can’t make a rule like that and not have token interviews happen. Teams know who they want. Taking Richard as an example, he got the experience of three interviews and his name is out there prominently for the next hiring season. Now it’s up to him to keep doing a great job. Even if his interviews were token, it’s intentions are still working well for his future.

5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

38,039 Messages
    34,319 Likes Received
    Ray Lewis should be a coach. When he says "I kill you" to players they'll know he will actually kill them.

Ranching and GroundZero1970 like this.
  6. droopdog7

droopdog7 Well-Known Member

1,688 Messages
    1,403 Likes Received
    I figured the great messiah would have his pick of teams by now?

7. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

14,710 Messages
    13,836 Likes Received
    I heard it from a friend who heard from a friend who heard from another you’ve been messin’ around...For some reason your post made break out singing REO

Ranching likes this.
  8. cern

cern Well-Known Member

5,177 Messages
    6,483 Likes Received
    mike tomlin went in for an interview with the steelers some years ago. no one thought he had the experience. he left the office with a contract. given that you only have one change to make a good first impression, he must have blown them away. packers, browns, jets all looking more for coaches that can develop qb's.

Ranching likes this.
  9. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

7,477 Messages
    5,609 Likes Received
    Not true. Flores is black.

All this talk that Richard wasn't qualified is nonsense. He is qualified and will make a good coach one day. Miami just thought that Flores was the right coach for them.

cern and Ranching like this.
  10. zeroburrito

zeroburrito Well-Known Member

4,971 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    then my initial response was correct. unless he's our dc there is no loss. everyone here is saying kris is our dc and marinelli was apparently a head figure and will be fired next year.

Ranching likes this.
  11. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

20,870 Messages
    12,304 Likes Received
    I’m not the one disrespecting him the league is. He deserves to be a head coach. But failed college coaches got a job over him. Guys without his resume got a job over him. He was used and it’s not fault it’s the NFL I blame.

Ranching likes this.
  12. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

20,870 Messages
    12,304 Likes Received
    How many coaches got hired because of the Rooney rule thus far.