Texas Longhorns Football Thread 2.0

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;4735462 said:
Malcolm Brown is showing the patience to wait for and burst through the holes we were waiting to see. Thank you OL!

But lets be real, 3 or 4 of those deep passes that were completed, looked like Ash he was doing his best Rip Sewell impersonation and just chucking up an Eephus pitch. Try those against the upcoming ops and his completion to INT ratio is going to look horrid.

Big props to Mack though for taking the knee at 66.

Against a good SEC or Big 12 team, he would have had 2 or 3 picks last night. That is true.

rantanamo

Reaction score
jnday;4735532 said:
I don't support them any longer after being a Rebel for most of my life due to some changes they made in policy. I get a good bit of info from an alumni friend of mine with inside connections to the coaching staff. If it makes you feel better, continue thinking they are a good team. Take a look at the end of the season and your opinion will change. I don't hate them by no means, and my info about them is legit. They just have a low level of talent. Lower than usual.

I didn't say they are a good team, but they have been terrible the previous two seasons. Let me correct that. Horrible. At least now they can score points now and have direction. They aren't untalented either as Nutt was a pretty good recruiter, just as bad coach. Not saying there was anything impressive about UT's win, but the line was less than 10, many were calling this an upset special and it was quite frankly even a surprise to many UT fans that they scored so much.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Texas received a commitment from Ath - Chevoski Collins this weekend. Collins plays DB and WR at Livingston. Same position Phillips plays I believe.

Caleb Benenoch, OG Katy Seven Lakes has stated that Texas is now 1st on his list after his visit for the West Virginia game.

MC KAos

Reaction score
we still have a lot to play for, i think we can finish off the season with only 1 more loss and maybe get into a BCS bowl, at least the cotton bowl vs a top SEC team would be nice! id like to see how we measure up against someone like LSU, whom will probably be in the cotton if they lose to bama

Reaction score
MC KAos;4775168 said:
we still have a lot to play for, i think we can finish off the season with only 1 more loss and maybe get into a BCS bowl, at least the cotton bowl vs a top SEC team would be nice! id like to see how we measure up against someone like LSU, whom will probably be in the cotton if they lose to bama

I agree that loss sucked, but I mean we're going up against the best quarterback and argurably best team in the nation. Kinda figured we weren't gonna win that game. Still in all there's some positive things to take away. Ash continues to play well and really the offense in general has played well. Texas's problem was offense it's defense, but then again who can stop Geno Smith? No one on the planet can. You know people say Luck was the best quarterback prospect in the last decade or so, but I think Geno may actually turn out even better.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4775176 said:
I agree that loss sucked, but I mean we're going up against the best quarterback and argurably best team in the nation. Kinda figured we weren't gonna win that game. Still in all there's some positive things to take away. Ash continues to play well and really the offense in general has played well. Texas's problem was offense it's defense, but then again who can stop Geno Smith? No one on the planet can. You know people say Luck was the best quarterback prospect in the last decade or so, but I think Geno may actually turn out even better.

Luck is the best Pro QB prospect since Elway IMO. A lot to like about Gino Smith but Luck was a better prospect IMO.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4775185 said:
Luck is the best Pro QB prospect since Elway IMO. A lot to like about Gino Smith but Luck was a better prospect IMO.

I have always been a huge Andrew Luck fan. Like you say he is a great QB, and easy to like. Plus his dad Oliver is currently WVU AD, and was our QB in the early 80's under Don Nehlen.

But it will be interesting to see how Geno does at the next level. He looks ready to me.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Jeffcoat out for the season, ruptured Pec. Ash's wrist not broken, may play against Baylor.

juck

Reaction score
..........................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................
where athletes are utter losers.Unless you are imported from another country and play basketball ala Dirk and Manu,Parker and Duncan.

jimmy40

Reaction score
There are plenty of Texas athletes that look great, too bad they play for OU.

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4785934 said:
where athletes are utter losers.Unless you are imported from another country and play basketball ala Dirk and Manu,Parker and Duncan.

or unless they leave, like drew brees

MC KAos

Reaction score
jimmy40;4785658 said:
Jeffcoat out for the season, ruptured Pec. Ash's wrist not broken, may play against Baylor.

sigh, ive said it before and ill say it again, i dont see any Ws in our schedule outside of the kansas game. we could go 5-7 again

Aikbach

Reaction score
MC KAos;4786042 said:
sigh, ive said it before and ill say it again, i dont see any Ws in our schedule outside of the kansas game. we could go 5-7 again
Depends what Baylor team shows up, seems this version of the bears is Jeykll & Hyde.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BTX;4789673 said:
When is Mack Browns contract up?

Mack is not going any where.

January 26, 2012
AUSTIN, Texas -- University of Texas regents voted unanimously Thursday to extend coach Mack Brown's contract by four years to the end of the 2020 season.

"It is important to us to have Mack Brown as our football coach as long as we can," Texas president Bill Powers said. "And this is an expression of that."

http://espn.go.com/college-football...nghorns-approve-mack-brown-contract-extension

BTX

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4789787 said:
Mack is not going any where.

January 26, 2012
AUSTIN, Texas -- University of Texas regents voted unanimously Thursday to extend coach Mack Brown's contract by four years to the end of the 2020 season.

"It is important to us to have Mack Brown as our football coach as long as we can," Texas president Bill Powers said. "And this is an expression of that."

http://espn.go.com/college-football...nghorns-approve-mack-brown-contract-extension
That one heck of a contract.

jimmy40

Reaction score
"They are weak. They are timid. And they are soft. And we have seen this movie before. It keeps happening at the University of Texas. The only constant is the head coach. If they’re content with doing this, if they’re content with allowing their arch rival to put half-a-hundred on them every-other-year, then stay with the status quo. If they’re not, then there needs to be a change… You need to teach toughness. They don’t do that. This is a soft football team. They got pushed around. They embarrassed the entire alumni base. They embarrassed every football player that has ever played over there. It was sickening to sit there and watch that. And you can come up with every excuse you want to come up with, there’s only one simple solution to this problem: there needs to be a (coaching) change.”--Brian Jones

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
jimmy40;4793906 said:
"They are weak. They are timid. And they are soft. And we have seen this movie before. It keeps happening at the University of Texas. The only constant is the head coach. If they’re content with doing this, if they’re content with allowing their arch rival to put half-a-hundred on them every-other-year, then stay with the status quo. If they’re not, then there needs to be a change… You need to teach toughness. They don’t do that. This is a soft football team. They got pushed around. They embarrassed the entire alumni base. They embarrassed every football player that has ever played over there. It was sickening to sit there and watch that. And you can come up with every excuse you want to come up with, there’s only one simple solution to this problem: there needs to be a (coaching) change.”--Brian Jones

Note to Brian Jones: "The U" just scored again!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
manny diaz needs to be exiled from Austin. His defense is non-existent. They can't tackle or cover. They never know where to line up, tonight they look as lost as a kid on his first day in a new school. They also commit way too many penalties. They are the worst team in college football and getting stops on 4th down.

I absolutely hate this defense and I have less than zero trust in the unit. Diaz is a complete farce. I want Muschamp or Chisik back.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dec. 4th they play a bunch of farmhands and will lose. Folks up here already taking that game for granted.