Texas Longhorns Football Thread 2.0

StylisticS

Reaction score
DFWJC;4805979 said:
They have improved immensely under him. Huge, HUGE improvement in his tenure.
Yes, they have taken a step back the last 2.5 years. But the year before that , they were playing for a freaking national championship! And they actually won it in 2005. Good grief.

This is so classic Longhorm fan stuff. I pull for the Horns too, but I don't think anyone, anywhere (outside of Horns fans) would argue that it is the whiniest fan group in the entire nation. No other group is close.

Very ironic that you used the word entitlement. Very ironic.

I understand being disappointed, or even pissed. It's not like the team is 2-6...they are 6-2. A pretty sad, 6-2, but you can be sure 90% of the fan bases would like that number.

Fire Mack Brown? Come on.

Save your little slick comments. Mack Brown is having his third straight mediocre season. Texas is the same team as last year but the problems has switched from offense in 2011 to defense in 2012, though I think the offense is a bit of a fraud. Texas has given up 200 yards to five of their opponents this year. They tackle poorly and they miss assignments. Statistically, texas is maybe having rheir worse defense since the gary darnell days. 90% of Texas fans that follow this program could care less that they are 6-2 right now. They can't beat ranked teams, can't beat their hated rivals, can't contend for conference titles, and can't contend for national titles.

StarHead69

Reaction score
Problem is, we need a real QB before this team can contend for anything. Debating Ash vs. Mccoy, reminds me of the Quincy vs. Hutch debacle here in Dallas.

DFWJC

Reaction score
StylisticS;4806043 said:
Save your little slick comments. Mack Brown is having his third straight mediocre season. Texas is the same team as last year but the problems has switched from offense in 2011 to defense in 2012, though I think the offense is a bit of a fraud. Texas has given up 200 yards to five of their opponents this year. They tackle poorly and they miss assignments. Statistically, texas is maybe having rheir worse defense since the gary darnell days. 90% of Texas fans that follow this program could care less that they are 6-2 right now. They can't beat ranked teams, can't beat their hated rivals, can't contend for conference titles, and can't contend for national titles.
Yeah, I know they have problems and I did mention that they have not been good for 2 1/2 years now. I even said they basically suck for a 6-2 team.

We agree on the team right now.

None of that was the point. The point was that they have been pretty elite for about 12-15 years now since Brown has been there. In fact the entiore athletic program has gone to another level in this time in many ways.

My issue is the whiny, what-have-you-done-for-me-lately attitude that ignores the very recent past.
It's no wonder so so many fans from other schools call UT fans the "whiny orange" fans. And I'm a UT fan.

They hit a rough stretch and everyone wants Brown's head.
Classic.

They JUST played in a National Title game in Jan 2010! We're not talking 1999, but 2010 (2009 season). And won one in 2005.

Hey, it's everyone's right to an opinion. If you want the guy gone, I'd say he's left the entire athletic program (and yes, football funds just about everything) in pretty good shape for the next guy.
They still seem to be recruiting pretty well too. I would not be surprised that in the next 2-4 years they are once again in the national title race.

jimmy40

Reaction score
DFWJC;4805979 said:
They have improved immensely under him. Huge, HUGE improvement in his tenure.
Yes, they have taken a step back the last 2.5 years. But the year before that , they were playing for a freaking national championship! And they actually won it in 2005. Good grief.

This is so classic Longhorm fan stuff. I pull for the Horns too, but I don't think anyone, anywhere (outside of Horns fans) would argue that it is the whiniest fan group in the entire nation. No other group is close.

Very ironic that you used the word entitlement. Very ironic.

I understand being disappointed, or even pissed. It's not like the team is 2-6...they are 6-2. A pretty sad, 6-2, but you can be sure 90% of the fan bases would like that number.

Fire Mack Brown? Come on.
Mack said this reminds him of 2004 when they beat Kansas and that team went on to to win the Rose Bowl. either he actually believes this and is so far beyond the ability to grasp reality he might be insane or he's full of ****. I'll let you decide.

DFWJC

Reaction score
jimmy40;4806088 said:
Mack said this reminds him of 2004 when they beat Kansas and that team went on to to win the Rose Bowl. either he actually believes this and is so far beyond the ability to grasp reality he might be insane or he's full of ****. I'll let you decide.
Sounds a bit kooky to me.:eek:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
jimmy40;4806027 said:
he's been injured for awhile.

i thought so, but i didnt know the injury or how severe......the offense misses him a lot.

still, we have so much speed with Goodwin, Daje, and DJ.....no excuse not to utilize that speed to the max....

rkell87

Reaction score
Biggems;4806181 said:
i thought so, but i didnt know the injury or how severe......the offense misses him a lot.

still, we have so much speed with Goodwin, Daje, and DJ.....no excuse not to utilize that speed to the max....

gray is high 4.3s as well

Bevo

Reaction score
Love the way the team has been playing lately. Our D has been playing like they were expected to at the beginning of the season. I think we are capable of beating KSU. If we can get by TCU the way we beat Iowa State and Tech we can pull of an upset and head to a BSC bowl.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Bevo;4842728 said:
Love the way the team has been playing lately. Our D has been playing like they were expected to at the beginning of the season. I think we are capable of beating KSU. If we can get by TCU the way we beat Iowa State and Tech we can pull of an upset and head to a BSC bowl.
sure helps to play crappy teams, Macks annual save his *** plan coming together nicely.

Zordon

Reaction score
recruiting took some hits these past few weeks. the program is in a state of flux. i wish we would cut our losses and go get a real head coach this offseason but i dont see it happening with the country club atmosphere around the program.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
jimmy40;4843069 said:
sure helps to play crappy teams, Macks annual save his *** plan coming together nicely.

I know what you mean, but have you seen the SEC matchups this week?

Alabama vs. Alabama School for the Blind
Georgia vs. Atlanta Prepubescent Girls School
Texas A&M vs. Bryan Middle School
Florida vs. Little Giants

jimmy40

Reaction score
trickblue;4843116 said:
I know what you mean, but have you seen the SEC matchups this week?

Alabama vs. Alabama School for the Blind
Georgia vs. Atlanta Prepubescent Girls School
Texas A&M vs. Bryan Middle School
Florida vs. Little Giants
they always do this though and they play some big conference games early.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Zordon;4843085 said:
recruiting took some hits these past few weeks. the program is in a state of flux. i wish we would cut our losses and go get a real head coach this offseason but i dont see it happening with the country club atmosphere around the program.
yeah, these guys aren't going anywhere after this epic win
709843.jpg

JBond

Reaction score
God bless Texas! I hope K-State beats the holy crap out of them.