Texas Longhorns Football Thread 2.0

rkell87

Reaction score
if chisik gets fired would he rather take less pay to be a head coach at a smaller college or come back to texas and be the highest paid d coordinator again?

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4794137 said:
Dec. 4th they play a bunch of farmhands and will lose. Folks up here already taking that game for granted.

So they've moved the game to a Tuesday?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The ability to beat Kansas represents a Mendoza Line of coaching competence.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Not even a UT fan, but I hate to see this.

What the heck is going on? I know they have pretty good players, don't they? Even if their recruits are overrated a lot of the time, they still have to have better talent than this.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Mack Brown has to go even with this win. This defense has allowed a team to rush over 200 yards again.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'd say Case McCoy has restaked his claim to start.

He enters the game with about 2:28 left and needing a 70 yard drive and proceeds to go 5-7, 68 yards and a TD for the win.

The the entire game before that, Ash was 8-16, 63 yards, 0 TDS, and 2 ints.

MC KAos

Reaction score
This Texas team is a disgrace, people say Diaz has to go, I wouldn't stop there, I'd go higher. People say Mack has to go, I wouldn't stop there, I'd go higher! Dodds needs to go also! This is disgraceful, the fact that Rick Barnes is still coaching here is astounding to me, the athletic director is not getting it done! He needs to go!

MC KAos

Reaction score
As for McCoy vs ash, it's like picking between a kick in the balls or a punch to the nose

DFWJC

Reaction score
Don't think I would kick Mack Brown out.
You guys are crazy; with very short-term memories.:laugh2:

StylisticS

Reaction score
DFWJC;4805957 said:
Don't think I would kick Mack Brown out.
You guys are crazy; with very short-term memories.:laugh2:

The program is not improving under him. He has no identity and no fire. They are a mediocre program and they have been blown out twice by their rivals in as many years. You have as much talent that many program would dream to have. Too much entitlement and they are soft from the top to the bottom. And you're fooling yourself if you think Texas will contend for the big 12 in 2013. Two conference titles in 14 years? That's pathetic.

DFWJC

Reaction score
StylisticS;4805967 said:
The program is not improving under him. He has no identity and no fire. They are a mediocre program and they have been blown out twice by their rivals in as many years. You have as much talent that many program would dream to have. Too much entitlement and they are soft from the top to the bottom. And you're fooling yourself if you think Texas will contend for the big 12 in 2013. Two conference titles in 14 years? That's pathetic.
They have improved immensely under him. Huge, HUGE improvement in his tenure.
Yes, they have taken a step back the last 2.5 years. But the year before that , they were playing for a freaking national championship! And they actually won it in 2005. Good grief.

This is so classic Longhorm fan stuff. I pull for the Horns too, but I don't think anyone, anywhere (outside of Horns fans) would argue that it is the whiniest fan group in the entire nation. No other group is close.

Very ironic that you used the word entitlement. Very ironic.

I understand being disappointed, or even pissed. It's not like the team is 2-6...they are 6-2. A pretty sad, 6-2, but you can be sure 90% of the fan bases would like that number.

Fire Mack Brown? Come on.

jimmy40

Reaction score
DFWJC;4805979 said:
Yes, they have taken a step back the last 2.5 years. But the year before that , they were playing for a freaking national championship! And they actually won it in 2005. Good grief.

This is so classic Longhorm fan stuff. I pull for the Horns too, but I don't think anyone, anywhere (outside of Horns fans) would argue that it is the whiniest fan group in the entire nation. No other group is close.

I understand being disappointed, or even pissed. It's not like the team is 2-6...they are 6-2. A pretty sad, 6-2, but you can be sure 90% of the fan bases would like that number.

I would think we're in the other 10% but that's just me.

jimmy40

Reaction score
DFWJC;4805946 said:
I'd say Case McCoy has restaked his claim to start.

He enters the game with about 2:28 left and needing a 70 yard drive and proceeds to go 5-7, 68 yards and a TD for the win.

The the entire game before that, Ash was 8-16, 63 yards, 0 TDS, and 2 ints.
he threw the game ending INT on the worst pass of the game but the guy dropped it.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
jimmy40;4806002 said:
he threw the game ending INT on the worst pass of the game but the guy dropped it.

wasn't that his first pass of the game? then on his next pass he missed too. But after that, he was spot on. So he had a little rust in him, not having thrown a game pass since the OU game, two weeks prior.

Ash just had a poor game. He seemed off all day. I believe he should remain the starter, but he needs to play better. He also needs to get more air under his passes. Almost all of his INTs have come because he doesn't air out the ball enough. They are almost line drives and always short.

I am glad to see McCoy coming in and having success. It makes me feel good about the offense, just in case Ash does go down with an injury.

BTW, one thing bothers me. I know Berg is the short yardage, goalline guy.....but Gray was running with purpose today. I felt it was counterproductive to take him out on the goalline and bring in Berg. I would have left Gray in and either ran him on a sweep or faked it and did play action. Also, we need to utilize Daje, DJ, and Goodwin so much more, as well as Shipley.

jimmy40

Reaction score
DFWJC;4805979 said:

oh, and we were 6-2 last year too.