Texas Longhorns Recruiting Thread

rkell87

Reaction score
Zordon;4644236 said:
ironically, i don't have a problem with anyone on that list except for the first commit. when i heard it was a receiver i thought it was kd cannon. i dont know anything about joe but his ranking and offer list are not very impressive.

hopefully what that means is that we have really done our homework and are ahead of the game. There are lots and lots of guys that look like they will be beasts there sophmore year then fall off by senior year and still more that show flashes sophmore year but maybe play behind talented seniors and get lost in the mix and explode onto the scene later when they become the guy and hopefully that is the case here

rkell87

Reaction score
BTW I'm on the fence about the early offer thing, it is really hard to hold a highschool kids interest for over two years and this may lead to more decommitments than we have ever seen out of UT, on the flip side it has been coming out recently that we have been losing out on guys because we didn't jump on them quick enough and their egos get bruised and it is too little too late to make up the ground so I really don't know. Usually UT gets a commit and then stops pursuing them and focuses else where but they won't be able to do that if they offer two years out, if a kid commits they will still have to battle to keep kids from being swayed and all the negative recruiting against UT, it is a whole different ball game than they are used to so I guess we will just have to wait and see how they handle it.

Zordon

Reaction score
rkell87;4644258 said:
BTW I'm on the fence about the early offer thing, it is really hard to hold a highschool kids interest for over two years and this may lead to more decommitments than we have ever seen out of UT, on the flip side it has been coming out recently that we have been losing out on guys because we didn't jump on them quick enough and their egos get bruised and it is too little too late to make up the ground so I really don't know. Usually UT gets a commit and then stops pursuing them and focuses else where but they won't be able to do that if they offer two years out, if a kid commits they will still have to battle to keep kids from being swayed and all the negative recruiting against UT, it is a whole different ball game than they are used to so I guess we will just have to wait and see how they handle it.
i hope you're right about Joe. But i'm of the thinking that your first recruit of the class (bell cow) should be a top notch recruit and someone who is going to have sway over other recruits, for example, jake raulerson. elite notch recruits want to go play with other elite recruits. that's why it's important to have a top notch guy as your 1st commitment for symbolic reasons.

as for the early recruiting issue, blame the low down dirty sec. a&m has opened the door for them to come into texas and offer kids still in their baby cribs. i dont like it either. i preferred when texas waited till junior days to make their first offers. but i guess you have to adapt with the times unfortunately.

rkell87

Reaction score
I just want to give credit here, all of this info is being gathered and put together by guys like thepop, tfloss32, billfromlaketravis and others over at BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1

2014 Committable Offers

QB, Jerrod Heard, Denton Guyer
RB, Donald Catalon, Aldine Eisenhower
RB, Leonard Fournette, St. Augustine (New Orleans, LA)
RB, Nathan Starks, Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, NV)
RB, Devon Thomas, Broken Arrow (Broken Arrow, OK)
RB/FB, Daniel Gresham, Fort Worth All Saints
WR, KD Cannon, Mount Pleasant
WR, Lorenzo Joe, Abilene Cooper TEXAS
WR, Devante "Speedy" Noil, Edna Karr (New Orleans, LA)
WR, Cameron Sims, Ouachita Parish (Monroe, LA)
OL, Demetrius Knox, Fort Worth All Saints
OL, Cameron Robinson, West Monroe (Monroe, LA)
OL, Braden Smith, Olathe South (Olathe, KS)
DE, Myles Garrett, Arlington Martin
DE, Solomon Thomas, Coppell
DE/LB, Hoza Scott, La Porte
LB, Cameron Hampton, Dallas Carter
LB, Raekwon McMillan, Liberty County (Hinseville, GA)
CB, Nick Watkins, Dallas Bishop Dunne
CB/S, Tony Brown, Beaumont Ozen
CB/S, Edward Paris, Mansfield Timberview
S, Jamal Adams, Carrollton Hebron
S, Edwin Freeman, Arlington Bowie
S, Brandon Simmons, Mansfield Timberview
ATH, Nick Harvey, Lancaster

Zordon

Reaction score
billfromlaketravis...i haven't heard that name in awhile. where has he been hiding at? i heard he became a blogger on BON.

rkell87

Reaction score
Zordon;4644715 said:
billfromlaketravis...i haven't heard that name in awhile. where has he been hiding at? i heard he became a blogger on BON.

yeah I follow him and BON on twitter and he posts on spurs talk every once in a while

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
3rd Commit of the 2014 Recruiting Class for Texas is in.

Donald "Duke" Catalon Eisenhower HS Houston Texas - RB 6'0" 200 lbs. Ranked 23rd in the Texas Top 100.

rkell87

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4645050 said:
Second Texas Commit of the 2014 Class is Derick Roberson 6'3" 214 lbs DE out of Brennan HS San Antonio. He's currently listed as the #5 prospect in the State of Texas.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/footb...rson-137676;_ylt=Ao2Idzl.o_4KBKsAhXKWEwTut5B4

ABQCOWBOY;4645159 said:
3rd Commit of the 2014 Recruiting Class for Texas is in.

Donald "Duke" Catalon Eisenhower HS Houston Texas - RB 6'0" 200 lbs. Ranked 23rd in the Texas Top 100.

both of these guys are beasts and hopefully these eases fears of the first commit not being well known because both of these guys are known and are great gets

rkell87

Reaction score
Kd Cannon ‏@IAmTheOne_9
Just Got Officially Offered By Texas #Hook'EmHorns

Zordon

Reaction score
wow this is a huge philosophy shift for mack. it sucks it has to be this way.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
According to Hook'em, here is the latest on who has been offered.

WR Lorenzo Joe - NR - Committed
DE Derick Roberson - NR - Committed
RB Donald Catalon - 4 Star- Committed
S Ed Paris - 5 Star
LB Hoza Scott - 4 Star
QB Jerrod Heard - 4 Star
CB Tony Brown - 4 Star
CB Nick Watkins - 4 Star
OT Demetrius Knox - 4 Star
S Jamal Adams - 4 Star
CB Nick Harvey - 4 Star
DE Solomon Thomas - 4 Star
WR KD Cannon - 4 Star
RB Nathan Starks - 4 Star
WR Devante "Speedy" Noil - 4 Star
DE Myles Garrett - NR
S Edwin Freeman - NR
FB/RB Daniel Gresham - NR

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Zordon;4645434 said:
wow this is a huge philosophy shift for mack. it sucks it has to be this way.

Yep. The Horns have gone to SEC Style Recruiting.

rkell87

Reaction score
2014 RB/FB Daniel Gresham has committed.

this guy and knox are a package deal so look for his commitment soon

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Texas has reportedly pulled Ricky Seals-Jones' scholorship offer. Combination of injury and shady street agent stuff supposedly.