Texas Looked Good But

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not a lot of pressure from the Horns front 7 against UTEP this weekend. Offenses that are more capable and can throw will give the Defense problems if they can't correct this.

Offense looked good though and Defense looked like somebody finally got them all out on the field and actually put them to work on some tackling drills. I hope that's not an aberration.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, it's as I feared. We are not good enough up front on the Defensive Side of the ball. We can score with anybody but we are not going to be able to stop good teams from scoring. I guess it's still a Mouse Davis League.........

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, it's as I feared. We are not good enough up front on the Defensive Side of the ball. We can score with anybody but we are not going to be able to stop good teams from scoring. I guess it's still a Mouse Davis League.........
Typical big 12 play

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Typical big 12 play

Yeah, but at some point, if the Texas or the Big 12 want to win another Championship, they gotta figure out that they need to play strong Defense. I'm hopeful that Ash will be able to change things at Texas with time to recruit the right Defensive Talent but was really hoping to see more improvement this season. It's not over, still a lot of Football but the lack of pressure and the tackling against Tech was not encouraging....

Never gonna beat the SEC if we can't D up.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, the worst fears are realized. Saturday, I saw exactly what I commented on earlier in this thread. Lots of scoring but couldn't really stop the opposition so it becomes a shootout. I don't really like that kind of football, to be honest. Yeah, it's exciting etc. but from a coaching perspective, it's maddening. I truly hate this kind of Football.

Alas........

Texas2Step41

Reaction score
The Texas Longhorns have the same problem as the Dallas Cowboys. Just look at the very top

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What a dumpster fire Texas is right now. Big win in Stillwater but an even bigger blow to the program by losing the commitment of Ewers.

I tell ya, when it goes bad, it all goes real bad.