Texas losing big to BYU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
What in the heck. I'm not even a UT fan but that's embarrassing for the conference.

When does Mack finally get the boot?

honyock

Reaction score
What in the heck. I'm not even a UT fan but that's embarrassing for the conference.

When does Mack finally get the boot?

I'll be surprised if he's still the coach next season. This was an embarrassing loss, BYU just embarrassed their defense. 550 rush yards, good grief. I think Ole Miss beats them next week.

StylisticS

Reaction score
This program will not change until Mack is gone and Diaz should be gone tonight.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
How did they even get to this point? I know they don't have a QB, but they do have good backs. And that's on offense anyway. WTH happened to their defense? Did they just forget how to recruit or something?

MC KAos

Reaction score
vince young is the single greatest thing to happen to mack, if he hadnt shown up when he did he probably would have been fired long ago. this disaster of a team and his inability to get any of these great QBs who WANT to play here, like RG3, manziel, etc is just ridiculous! if it means we have to go 5-7 again for him to get fired, i hope we dont win another game! too bad the big 12 blows so thats prob not gonna happen, and deloser dodds will continue to stick by him. i hate deloser dodds, mack brown, AND rick barnes as much as its rationally ok to dislike someone as a sports fan.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Mack needs to go and Ash is terrible. Hell, the whole defense can go too.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
UT can not recruit. They are the anti-Bama. They have a shot at every 5 star recruit there is yet can't field an actual team of talented players.

Definitely time for Mack Brown to retire.
I believe they'll hire Art Briles and go on to win a lot of NC.
But at this point they could hire Bobby Petrino and have the fans blessing.

This is like the David McWilliams era. Just sad.
Almost as sad as USC, almost.

jimmy40

Reaction score
who cares? We won the Quidditch World Cup.
644554_10151512417285675_138610677_n.jpg

We're a Quidditch/Women's Volleyball school. Thanks Mack, clap, clap, clap.

Aikbach

Reaction score
UT can not recruit. They are the anti-Bama. They have a shot at every 5 star recruit there is yet can't field an actual team of talented players.

They're not getting the 57 year old Briles that opens a new stadium built for him next year. They may try to raid his staff, though i wouldn't be surprised if his 29 year old son Kendal Briles, a gem of a recruiter, is quietly being groomed to take over Baylor in the future.

Kendal actually played for Mack Brown at UT as a wideout before transferring to Houston to play for his Dad, then joining his Dad's staff at Baylor as passing game coordinator.

Baylor offensive coordinator Phil Montgomery may be on the UT radar however, he is also a well connected and dynamic Texas high school recruiter.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I cannot believe UT can't get players that can at least tackle. I don't care about the blue chip aspect of it; the guys they have acted like they never played football.

I'm here in ATL & still waiting to hear that they have at least fired their DC. What's the delay?

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
Not a UT fan, but I watch plenty of college ball. The situation at UT is just ridiculous. Given the talent pool they have available they should be in the top 15 every year and rolling over teams like BYU. Mack Brown is not a good coach. I don't understand why Texas doesn't go to a more pro style offense and run the ball down peoples throat. Michigan tried to get wacky on offense with Rich Rod. and look what happened. They bring in a pro style hardass like Hoke and turn things around in no time. I would love for my school to get the type of talent UT does, but I am not envious of the coaching or player development.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
well we were flat out embarrassed by a one legged unathletic QB......I mean when he was on the sidelines, he couldnt even walk. It is an absolute embarassment to display what the defense did last night. There was no fire, no heart, no passion, no will to compete. BYU broke the absolute will of the Longhorns D.

On a positive note, Manny Diaz got fired. YAY

HOOK EM HORNS

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't think you can say that BYU is not a quality football team. They are pretty good and I will guarantee that altitude played a role but even so, there is no excuse for that. Texas got whipped and that should not happen.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I don't really know what he'll be doing but UT is throwing Coach Diaz a bone. He was "reassigned" to doing something in their athletic dept.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score

That's how I see it as well.

I've also thought that they could go after Briles. I know Galloway said last year that Arkansas (and maybe even Tennessee also?) was interested and Briles didn't want to go, that the only two jobs he'd leave Baylor for would be Tech and UT. He's as good an offensive coach as there is, as good a QB developer as there is, and he knows and can recruit the area. I'd think the fans would love all the high scoring.

I also agree with what koolaid said. Why they can't just recruit the biggest and best guys on both sides of the line and play bully ball? (And I've said the same thing about OU.) Speaking of that, doubt he'd leave after just one year, but I bet Bielema would be a great coach for a powerhouse recruiting school like that.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They're not getting the 57 year old Briles that opens a new stadium built for him next year. They may try to raid his staff, though i wouldn't be surprised if his 29 year old son Kendal Briles, a gem of a recruiter, is quietly being groomed to take over Baylor in the future.

Kendal actually played for Mack Brown at UT as a wideout before transferring to Houston to play for his Dad, then joining his Dad's staff at Baylor as passing game coordinator.

Baylor offensive coordinator Phil Montgomery may be on the UT radar however, he is also a well connected and dynamic Texas high school recruiter.

I hate to break a Baylor heart but if UT wants Briles they will get him.
Nothing at Baylor is better than at UT. Nothing.
UT's stadium is top 5 in the country.
Their program makes the most money of anyone even while losing and can money whip Briles.

Kendal Briles isn't head coaching anywhere for 10 years.

The good news is UT probably wants a bigger fish than Briles and is reportedly interviewing the best coach in college football.

Status
Not open for further replies.