Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The season starts Friday, April 6th at 1:30CST with Colby Lewis taking the mound. Darvish will be making his first start the following Monday (April 9th at 7:05CST) against the Mariners.

Starting Rotation:
  1. Colby Lewis
  2. Derek Holland
  3. Matt Harrison
  4. Yu Darvish
  5. Neftali Feliz

Gotta say, I'm not to comfortable with Feliz in the rotation. I guess we will find out if he can actually do it.

It appears Moreland is fully recovered from the injury that hampered him most of last year. He had off-season surgery and there were questions if he would be ready by the time the season starts. Well, he has been lighting it up in spring training and they say he is ready.

Should be an interesting season.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4489958 said:
The season starts Friday, April 6th at 1:30CST with Colby Lewis taking the mound. Darvish will be making his first start the following Monday (April 9th at 7:05CST) against the Mariners.

Starting Rotation:
  1. Colby Lewis
  2. Derek Holland
  3. Matt Harrison
  4. Yu Darvish
  5. Neftali Feliz
Gotta say, I'm not to comfortable with Feliz in the rotation. I guess we will find out if he can actually do it.

It appears Moreland is fully recovered from the injury that hampered him most of last year. He had off-season surgery and there were questions if he would be ready by the time the season starts. Well, he has been lighting it up in spring training and they say he is ready.

Should be an interesting season.

I'm extremely worried about our pitching at this point. It wasn't a good enough rotation to win the whole thing last year, which was my biggest worry before last season was that the pitching wouldn't be good enough to win it all, and now I feel like the rotation is definately weaker than it was last year.

I'm definately going to be worried for a large portion of the year about the pitching.

juck

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4489966 said:
I'm extremely worried about our pitching at this point. It wasn't a good enough rotation to win the whole thing last year, which was my biggest worry before last season was that the pitching wouldn't be good enough to win it all, and now I feel like the rotation is definately weaker than it was last year.

I'm definately going to be worried for a large portion of the year about the pitching.
WeaKER? Darvish is way better than CJ. U will see. However I dont think Feliz last but a few months in the roatation. i just dont trust that kid.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
We had the WS won last year. Ron Washington ****ed it up by not pulling Nelly when he had the hamstring injury. Nelly couldn't get the the fly ball and it allowed that fat *** score all the way from 1st base. That ball would have been caught by anyone that wasn't injured. That would have been the 3rd out and the series winner.

DFWJC

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4489966 said:

I love our starting rotation and depth if one of them falters. They are young and rising....plus starting pitching was not the issue last fall.

I am a little worried about middle relief though.

MC KAos

Reaction score
I agree, yu can't be worse than CJ! That guy was such a pansy! And always seemed to choke! I'm glad he is gone. I like our top 4 guys, as for Feliz, who really has a fifth starter that they are comfortable with? He is a project, if it works, great! If not, he goes back to the bullpen and we get Moreland in there as the fifth starter!

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I'd like to catch some Rangerball this year. Hope they finally win it all.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Excited about the rotation but our spring training was not very good..

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCowboy;4490612 said:
Excited about the rotation but our spring training was not very good..

Not to worried about that. If it continues into the season, they you should worry. Spring Training? Not so much.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
If Neftali falters we can plug Ogando back in or even Feldman who has been pitching very strong.

Yu > CJ "I suck in the playoffs" Wilson. I think CJ will not even have a winning record this season, just a prediction.

The division still doesn't scare me all that much.

And don't look at how we did in spring training for anything. The only thing that matters is if they were getting their work in and stayed healthy which they did. Pitchers are working on different pitches in spring training games that they normally wouldn't and different situations and young triple A guys going in and losing games. Spring training really is just practice.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Lewis gets the start tomorrow vs. Danks. Really excited for a afternoon ball game!

DFWJC

Reaction score
TheCowboy;4495138 said:
Lewis gets the start tomorrow vs. Danks. Really excited for a afternoon ball game!
Rangers lead 2-0 in the bottom of the 4th

Kinsler has already has a double and a homer. Hamilton has a rbi too.
Lewis has already struck out 7.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
They're off to a good start today and that's nice to see.

I'm sorry but I just can't help but be nervous about our pitching. Hopefully they all prove me wrong.

dback

Reaction score
Rangers win the 2012 opener 3-2!!!

Joe Nathan was fantastic as the closer.

DFWJC

Reaction score
dback;4496592 said:
Rangers win the 2012 opener 3-2!!!

Joe Nathan was fantastic as the closer.
I noticed the Ogando struck out the side in his one innning.
nice

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Great opening day! Really liked the pitching and defense. Kinsler played great but Napoli worried me a little today with 3 K's. I think we will be fine and have a good season. I know it's too early to tell but I really liked the way we looked today.

Kristen82

Reaction score
TheCowboy;4496599 said:
Great opening day! Really liked the pitching and defense. Kinsler played great but Napoli worried me a little today with 3 K's. I think we will be fine and have a good season. I know it's too early to tell but I really liked the way we looked today.

I bet we lead MLB in both HR's and SB's (which is really rare).

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Kristen82;4496679 said:
I bet we lead MLB in both HR's and SB's (which is really rare).
Yes and if not I think we would be in top 5 for both categories.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4496508 said:
I'm sorry but I just can't help but be nervous about our pitching. Hopefully they all prove me wrong.

The funniest thing about this comment is our pitches staff is of the highest quality of late than it has ever been, and you're nervous about it. :laugh2:

I suppose in a sence you are right. As 5+ years ago, there was no point in getting nervous. You knew right up front the pitching staff sucked. :lmao2: