Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
MC KAos;4896447 said:
i cant wait, in 2 or 3 years the angels will be the 2012 boston redsox

With Mike Trout....

But I sure do hope so. I do think the Angels and Dodgers could be screwed.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
FloridaRob;4896900 said:
Met fan here and I know there has been a lot of speculation about the Rangers and Mets getting together with a trade. While Dickey is 38, I can tell you he has been as good as it gets as a pitcher the last three years and culminating with his Cy Young last year. The Mets are being Stupid in negotiations with him. This guy is well worth 10 million dollars this year but only have to pay him five. And they are not offering anything over 10 million a year for a two year extension. Horrible managment by the Mets but most Met fans figure the owners are broke after the Madoff scandal and while they act like they want to resign him they are offering him a contract he can easily refuse. Good for Dickey.

If a trade comes to pass I would prefer a deal with Toronto if they make one of their catchers available. Not sure how I feel about Ott who most say is the chip TExas is dangling. . They have no need for hte guy unless they can flip him somewhere else. The Mets have enough slugs in the outfield that hit the long ball but cant catch a fly ball unless it is hit directly at them.

Dickey would be a great pitcher for anyone for the next three years. I am hopng the Mets wake up and pay him because there is not a "can't miss" prospect out there and with Dickey you know you are getting a guy who most games is going to match the other teams Ace inning by inning.

Even if Daniels was to offer one of his young infielders I know I would still prefer to keep Dickey. And if Daniels is not giving one of them up for Upton who to me is just an ok outfielder then he is not giving them up for a 38 year old knuckleballer. People like to say yea but Dickey is no Sabathia or Halladay I can tell you that whenever he takes the mound he is just as effectiYve.

Anyway, unless the Mets managment wakes up it looks like Dickey is going to be dealt. Hope it is with Toronto but if it is for Ott, I guess he will fit right in wtih the other slow footed outfielders the Mets have that occassionaly connect for the long ball.

Well good sir Mike Olt is a third baseman and a damn fine one at that. I firmly believe he will be a solid player for years to come. Just need to get that experience which he won't get in Texas because of Beltre.

As for Dickey I would like to have him but without giving too much up for him. I think the Mets are just being cheap in their negotiations with him.

But anyway mainly wanted to say Olt is a third baseman.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4897149 said:
Well good sir Mike Olt is a third baseman and a damn fine one at that. I firmly believe he will be a solid player for years to come. Just need to get that experience which he won't get in Texas because of Beltre.

As for Dickey I would like to have him but without giving too much up for him. I think the Mets are just being cheap in their negotiations with him.

But anyway mainly wanted to say Olt is a third baseman.

I would not be willing to trade Olt for Dickey. I do not want Dickey on the Rangers.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4897149 said:

I believe he was asking for 3 years $26M from the Mets. I would think the Rangers would do that, but he may be waiting for the Mets to cave.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Berkman?! What the hell for? Go with the youth movement you had going. And to pay him $10 million?

I don't see him being any better than Young. In fact I think he is worse. Slower and less versatile. But I suppose Berkman has some power. But my gosh the team doesn't have to revolve around power hitters. I just want people that can hit period.

And this will also seem to put off playing Olt or Profar. What's the point of having top prospects only to never use them? I believe both are ready for the big league but of course will need time.

I was okay with everything the Rangers had been doing this offseason. But this Berkman signing just doesn't make sense to me. And for that kind of cash, along with picking up Young's contract is just stupid.

Hopeuhavechange

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4946223 said:
Berkman?! What the hell for? Go with the youth movement you had going. And to pay him $10 million?

I don't see him being any better than Young. In fact I think he is worse. Slower and less versatile. But I suppose Berkman has some power. But my gosh the team doesn't have to revolve around power hitters. I just want people that can hit period.

And this will also seem to put off playing Olt or Profar. What's the point of having top prospects only to never use them? I believe both are ready for the big league but of course will need time.

I was okay with everything the Rangers had been doing this offseason. But this Berkman signing just doesn't make sense to me. And for that kind of cash, along with picking up Young's contract is just stupid.

He has always seemed like a punk to me, and now he is ready for assisted living. Strange move. Desperate even.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Hopeuhavechange;4946244 said:
He has always seemed like a punk to me, and now he is ready for assisted living. Strange move. Desperate even.

Wasn't him that dissed the Rangers a few years ago. So we brought him in. SMH. Personally I think he is washed up.

It seems like a desperate move to try and appease fans.

Hopeuhavechange

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4946295 said:
Wasn't him that dissed the Rangers a few years ago. So we brought him in. SMH. Personally I think he is washed up.

It seems like a desperate move to try and appease fans.

yep. he has taken a few swipes at the Rangers, and was proven wrong. this is a mistake; i think hes done.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Terrible signing...seems like a desperation "big name" signing just to please the casual fans

RamziD

Reaction score
I was very surprised by this signing, too. I don't mind him on the team as a DH, but $10M is way too much to pay for his services. I doubt after 2 knee surgeries and 2 extra birthdays that he will be able to put up the 31 HRs and 94 RBIs he got in 2011.