Texas Rangers Thread

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Out of the last two starts CJ has the worst ERA, lol. We are capable, just need to be more consistant. It will be nice to get our sluggers back tonight. Go Rangers!

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Welcome back Nelly and Josh! Dang! Might be just what we need! Now stay healthy!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Last night I was just not into watching sports and ended up just reading, but it seems it went well. Ogando is what 5-0 with a 1.81 ERA? SEXY! :laugh2:

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;3957297 said:
Last night I was just not into watching sports and ended up just reading, but it seems it went well. Ogando is what 5-0 with a 1.81 ERA? SEXY! :laugh2:

I wonder where DIAF stands now with regard to Ogando, and even Harrison? It's been a month since he told us there wasn't even room for optimism that Ogando and Harrison could be quality starters because they just didn't have the pedigree and weren't ptojected to be.

Ogando has only gotten better and better as his blister has healed, and outside of a couple of poor starts 2-3 weeks ago Harrison has kept us in a position to win games, and at times has been outstanding.

There really is no room for complaint with either because they are both filling their role more than admireably. Obviosuly there will be bumps, and it isn't certain how things will play out over the long haul, but there clearly is plenty of reason for optimism with both.

DFWJC

Reaction score
How about Josh coming back and homering in his 1st at bat?
The man is a freak!

Stautner

Reaction score
DFWJC;3957476 said:
How about Josh coming back and homering in his 1st at bat?
The man is a freak!

Nellie hit one in the game too. Those guys comeing back changes the lineup dramatically. They take all the unproven kids out of the lineup, and provide the added element of being able to change the course of a game with one swing of the bat. The offense desperately needed that boost.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Stautner;3957485 said:
Nellie hit one in the game too. Those guys comeing back changes the lineup dramatically. They take all the unproven kids out of the lineup, and provide the added element of being able to change the course of a game with one swing of the bat. The offense desperately needed that boost.

We will see how the offense pans out with those two big bats back in the lineup. Now that the starting pitching looks to be solidifying, lets see if we can get the bullpen to respond too.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I've never been so excited about a team thats only 2 games above .500, haha. Hopefully we can stay healthy and put a good stretch together. I wouldn't have wanted to be the manager this last month or so. 4 outfielders got hurt, no closer, closing games with inept people, and a lineup that just wasn't hitting aside from Young.

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;3957502 said:
We will see how the offense pans out with those two big bats back in the lineup. Now that the starting pitching looks to be solidifying, lets see if we can get the bullpen to respond too.
Yeah, the bullpen is the concern now.

The starting pitching has been strong - no ace (although Ogando is looking the part at the moment), but a strong looking gtroup from 1-5.

The offense will experience some ups and downs even with Hamilton and Cruz - that's just their MO, but they will certainly have the potential to explode at any point in any game.

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;3957541 said:
I've never been so excited about a team thats only 2 games above .500, haha. Hopefully we can stay healthy and put a good stretch together. I wouldn't have wanted to be the manager this last month or so. 4 outfielders got hurt, no closer, closing games with inept people, and a lineup that just wasn't hitting aside from Young.

Wash has earned his paycheck this past month for sure and if they finish it out I don't see where they can keep Manager of the Year from him.

I do think they are going to go on a run now that Hambone is back. He is just the heart and soul of the team.

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
aandro Anthony Andro
Rangers RHP Brandon Webb allows one earned run in six innings in extended spring start. Six hits, no walks, six strikeouts.

Nice!!

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Got my seats for June's Rangers vs Braves series here in Atlanta!! Dugout seats, all three days. I am now poor but I haven't seen my Rangers in person in damn near 18 years so it's worth every penny.