Texas Rangers Thread

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;3903654 said:
Derek Holland with a great game today!

Yes sir, and another series win. Lets see if Ogando can put another good one together tomorrow at Detroit.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I can't tell you how excited I am about some of the little things that are happening too. Ian Kinsler flatting out his swing is huge too. It will make him an even better hitter this year than he was last year. I just hope he and Nelly can stay healthy.

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;3904135 said:
I can't tell you how excited I am about some of the little things that are happening too. Ian Kinsler flatting out his swing is huge too. It will make him an even better hitter this year than he was last year. I just hope he and Nelly can stay healthy.

IT was pretty obvious going in that a lot would hinge on the young pitchers. So far that aspect is looking very good.

And you are right about Kinsler. When he gets that uppe4r cut going and starts throwing his hips out way too early he has problems.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Great pitching duel going on. The Rangers finally broke through in the 7th and punched in a run.

• Hamilton walks
  • Beltre singles
  • Young doubles in Hamilton

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Nelly had a comebacker to the mount gets Beltre at home (was running on contact)

Moreland follows up with a double scoring Young!

2-0 Rangers.

Verlander is started to throw a lot more pitches now.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
That makes it 25 consecutive scoreless innings. And 1 earned run in the last 31 innings.

Impressive.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Ranger's pitching puts up back to back goose eggs!

Rangers beat Detroit 2-0 today. Ogando pitched seven innings of two hit baseball with one walk and four strikeouts. He beat Verlander who pitched a complete game, yet still took the loss.

:yourock:

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Wow after 13 IP Ogando's only given up 4 hits, 3 BB, w/ 8 Ks.... Key stat 0 ER. A 0.00 ERA after two starts as a #5 starter. Talk about a solid rotation.... So much for worrying about our pitching staff, and just imagine if we can get Webb up and running (hell I might not even want him).

32 (58-26) run differential..... This team is HOT HOT HOT, and Hambone still hasn't hit one out yet..... Just you wait. The team is stacked all around, both at the plate and so far doing pretty well on the mound.

DFWJC

Reaction score
nyc;3904459 said:
Ranger's pitching puts up back to back goose eggs!

Rangers beat Detroit 2-0 today. Ogando pitched seven innings of two hit baseball with one walk and four strikeouts. He beat Verlander who pitched a complete game, yet still took the loss.

:yourock:
The starters are doing so well we haven't had worry about middle relief.

Wash will have a tough decision when all the arms are healthy. I'd have a hard time putting Ogando back in the pen, as he really does look like a starter.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Haha just saw this vid from the rain delay at Camden for the first Oriole-Rangers game. The guys made good use of the tarp on the field and had a little slip&slide fun. Looks like the guys were having some great fun. This is why I love the Rangers, they always know how to have fun.

http://www.twitvid.com/6ZGPF

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
I know its only 2 starts but if they take Ogando out for Hunter I am breaking things. I didn't think they used Ogando enough last year and always liked his work.

Enough can't be said about the early perfomances of Ogando,Harrison, and Holland. They have been truly amazing so far.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DFWJC;3904479 said:
The starters are doing so well we haven't had worry about middle relief.

Wash will have a tough decision when all the arms are healthy. I'd have a hard time putting Ogando back in the pen, as he really does look like a starter.

I just read an article today somewhere that said if Ogando keeps pitching the way he is, there is no way they can pull him out of the rotation when Hunter returns.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
WDN;3904506 said:
I know its only 2 starts but if they take Ogando out for Hunter I am breaking things. I didn't think they used Ogando enough last year and always liked his work.

Enough can't be said about the early perfomances of Ogando,Harrison, and Holland. They have been truly amazing so far.
I whole heartedly agree with you. My only concern about Ogando is that he keeps having issues w/ "blisters" on his fingers. I don't know if this is a common issue with pitchers but he seems to always have those issues. If not for those "blisters" today, he had a shot to pitch a CG.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Gzus;3904496 said:
Haha just saw this vid from the rain delay at Camden for the first Oriole-Rangers game. The guys made good use of the tarp on the field and had a little slip&slide fun. Looks like the guys were having some great fun. This is why I love the Rangers, they always know how to have fun.

http://www.twitvid.com/6ZGPF

They did that a couple of years ago at Citi Field too. (Mets)

[youtube]r67YEphmYvc[/youtube]

It's funny, security kicks them off the field and they all go down in the dougout. Yet a few second later, they come running back out and do it again! :lmao2:

DFWJC

Reaction score
nyc;3904514 said:
I just read an article today somewhere that said if Ogando keeps pitching the way he is, there is no way they can pull him out of the rotation when Hunter returns.
Have to agree. The guy looks dominant. He looked that way out of the pen in the later part of last season too. His era was only about 1.50 or so, from what I recall.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
DFWJC;3904544 said:
Have to agree. The guy looks dominant. He looked that way out of the pen in the later part of last season too. His era was only about 1.50 or so, from what I recall.

Verlander just pitched a hell of a complete game and still got beat by Ogando. No freaking way I pull him out of the rotation! :laugh2:

Stautner

Reaction score
nyc;3904555 said:
Verlander just pitched a hell of a complete game and still got beat by Ogando. No freaking way I pull him out of the rotation! :laugh2:

Right now Hunter has to be viewed as the "swing man", but chances are Hrrison, Ogando and/or Holland will slip or lapse or at least hit a dry spell along the way and Hunter will be needed to step in.