Texas Rangers Thread

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
All these loser punks are posting threads about other crappy MLB teams, but nobody is posting about the best baseball team evah. The Texas Rangers

Golden boy is back! I don't expense this pace to keep going, but it's good to see it happening. Especially since we got Josh for 3 years at like 15 million total.

Oh, and the Rangers have been winning finally. They are above 500 and I believe are 19-11 over there last 30 games.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Lot's of excitement right now!

Besides the whole team starting to roll..
Chi-Chi had a great 1st start.
Josh is playing better than expected
And they're bringing up Joey Gallo!

Too bad the top two starters are out. But it's been fun anyway.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
To even be above .500 is amazing right now. They don't have arguably their top 4 starters in Yu, Holland, Harrison, and Perez.

So far I'm wrong about Hamilton being back. I didn't want him back, but it has paid off so far. I hope he can keep it up.

Fielder is off the charts right now, right along with Moreland. I know it's cheesy, but the "never ever quit" attitude Banister has instilled is apparent in how the Rangers play baseball.

Still a long season and could all fall apart again, but I'm going enjoy the ride, and never give up on my Rangers.

Heading to the game tonight. Excited to see Gallo play, should be interesting for a few weeks. Sucks we lost Beltre though.

Matt Harrison pitches for Round Rock tomorrow and will be interesting to see how he does.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
To even be above .500 is amazing right now. They don't have arguably their top 4 starters in Yu, Holland, Harrison, and Perez.

So far I'm wrong about Hamilton being back. I didn't want him back, but it has paid off so far. I hope he can keep it up.

Fielder is off the charts right now, right along with Moreland. I know it's cheesy, but the "never ever quit" attitude Banister has instilled is apparent in how the Rangers play baseball.

Still a long season and could all fall apart again, but I'm going enjoy the ride, and never give up on my Rangers.

Heading to the game tonight. Excited to see Gallo play, should be interesting for a few weeks. Sucks we lost Beltre though.

Matt Harrison pitches for Round Rock tomorrow and will be interesting to see how he does.

I'm partying like its 2011.

And Joey Gallo might just play his way into a permanent stay up here. Heck of a debut so far. Bet you're having a blast :)

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Lot's of excitement right now!

Besides the whole team starting to roll..
Chi-Chi had a great 1st start.
Josh is playing better than expected
And they're bringing up Joey Gallo!

Too bad the top two starters are out. But it's been fun anyway.

I'm beginning to think 2014 was just an aberration. April had me wondering about how quickly the team had seemed to fall apart but My optimism has returned in spite of all the injuries to the pitching staff.

Keifer

Reaction score
Wow, a triple away from the cycle his first game in the show. Its going to be interesting when Beltre gets off the DL. Its pretty cool that he, Bryce Harper and Kris Bryant all played together in Las Vegas, the scouts sure didnt have to travel very far.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I didn't see them ever getting back to .500 and they are now 27-25 in early June. Fun times.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
So, Gallo finally made his debut. I was hoping for more fireworks. :muttley:

Gallo rocked it. Great story. Dude is 6'5".

Something is brewing in Arlington, Texas. This is turning into something fun again. Only 5 1/2 games back of the 1st place Stros, and 1 game behind the second place Angels. We're coming for ya!

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I'm partying like its 2011.

And Joey Gallo might just play his way into a permanent stay up here. Heck of a debut so far. Bet you're having a blast :)

Had a great time. There is such a buzz at the ballpark right now. It's great. Hopefully it continues to be fun.

Last year it was just impossible to field a winning team with losing so many players to injury, no one could have overcome that.

Interested to see how Harrison does tonight.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
....these guys could force me to renew my MLB.tv subscription. Not yet, but possibly soon.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
So, Gallo finally made his debut. I was hoping for more fireworks. :muttley:

Joey should stick until Josh's hammy recovers. If he plays well enough, they'll have to keep him.
Good timing for him on these injuries.

Maybe we'll get everybody healthy by the second half, then really do some damage.

Good feeling about this.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Had a great time. There is such a buzz at the ballpark right now. It's great. Hopefully it continues to be fun.

Last year it was just impossible to field a winning team with losing so many players to injury, no one could have overcome that.

Interested to see how Harrison does tonight.

Injuries? Lame excuse. I blame Garrett.

Wait. I'm in the wrong forum. Sheesh.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Joey should stick until Josh's hammy recovers. If he plays well enough, they'll have to keep him.
Good timing for him on these injuries.

Maybe we'll get everybody healthy by the second half, then really do some damage.

Good feeling about this.

Josh is hurt already?