Texas Rangers Thread

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Very unlikely that he is using steroids. Crank/meth/weed/alcohol/etc? That's a different story.

He's an addict, admittedly, and every day is a struggle.

I recommend his book, Beyond Belief, with Tim Keown. Great insight.

gmoney112

Reaction score
They just keep winning. Fun to watch.

Admittedly, once the starting rotation went to hell and profar was out, again, I thought we were in for another long year and hadn't kept up as much.

Does anyone know if we get any of our starting rotation back on a reasonable timeline?

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They just keep winning. Fun to watch.

Admittedly, once the starting rotation went to hell and profar was out, again, I thought we were in for another long year and hadn't kept up as much.

Does anyone know if we get any of our starting rotation back on a reasonable timeline?

Holland and Perez back at or right after the all-star break barring any setbacks. Harry comes back in probably a week or so, but don't know what to expect of him at this point. Darvish of course done for another year from today.

Not sure how they will handle this going forward

Wandy - been great
Chi Chi - two great starts
Martinez - solid for most the year
Colby - solid for most the year

Basically have 1 spot to fill with Harry, Holland, Perez

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
The Rangers have won 14 of their last 17 games and are now four games above .500.

Who's Houston's Daddy? :D

I believe we're only three games back of the Stros as of yesterday's 4-2 win. Texas keeps this up, ESPN will have to start showcasing our games.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Rangers have had a marvelous turn-around.

From the Astros' perspective I wasn't sure if they were just going to let things play out with making any major roster moves this season (and shoot for making their big move in '16) or actually try to have a playoff contender this season.

Well the question has been answered...

Brought up yesterday was the consensus #1 prospect in all of baseball Carlos Correa to take over at SS (which has been a dreg since Lowrie was injured).

I think the Stros still need another starter, but they certainly have the prospects in the system to get anyone they want.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Nice to see Fielder coming back from that injury last season. He's playing really well right now. Moreland/Deshields are also overachieving and it's awesome to see Gallo coming into his own. He's hit two shots that you know are instantly gone as soon as they leave his bat, good for him.

It's going to be interesting to see the lineup changes once Hamilton/Beltre come back with the amount of R and L handed hitters we have on the team this year that can hit with some power or in Deshields case, have some great speed on the bases and not a liability in the field or at the plate.

What to do with Gallo when Beltre comes back... not sure how much Fielder has been playing at 1B so if he's hitting this well just playing DH i'd probably leave him there. Can Gallo play 1B? Moreland is playing pretty decently right now but I'd still try and get my prospect as many at bats as possible.

#2 in runs scored, that's a pretty impressive stat. I hated to see Ron go, but this club is playing pretty darn well right now given the circumstances.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
It will be interesting when Beltre and Hamilton come back. It will be a weird problem to have, a good problem hopefully.

You just can't take Moreland or Prince out of the lineup, they have been the consistent offensive force driving the team all year. Moreland is the best 1B on the team. A day off every now and then maybe but they have to stay in.

Beltre is far superior playing third base compared to Gallo. Gallo has surprised me a lot since being called up, I thought he would struggle much more at the plate, striking out plenty but still getting his hits and moon shots. And Beltre has struggled at the plate this year, but I don't think you can keep that veteran out of the lineup. It's an interesting problem to have. Their plan was to send Gallo back down regardless, but if he keeps it up I'm not sure you can send him back down.

As far as the outfield is concerned I think you just have to go with hot bats and who happens to be pitching against them that day. Hamilton, Martin (who has been killing it at the plate lately and is the best outfielder), Choo, DeShields, and possibly Gallo playing left if he stays up.

Also as far as the starting rotation goes it will be interesting also. All of the starters are getting plenty of quality starts. And Harry, Perez, and Holland are slated to come back in the coming months. Can never have too many starters but it will get crowded especially if everyone keeps it up.

Now the bullpen, yikes. Other than Tolleson I don't trust any of them. That's definitely a work in progress.

Should make for interesting baseball though. I hope for no injuries but they seem to always happen so it's nice to have some depth. But Banister and JD have been turning up roses so far. With what I've seen in the division I don't see any reason why the Rangers can't win the division, now whether they will or not is another question but they are at least contenders. Should be a fun season regardless.