Texas Rangers Thread

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
As long as Canada doesn't win.

The next team up is the Dallas Stars. Most exciting team in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.

You really have to admire their(Toronto) violent anger and aggression in adversity. They came out after the catchers gaff/ Texas errors and just laid it on.

I'm sorry, Dallas stars? I'm in the northeast. Who are they?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
You really have to admire their(Toronto) violent anger and aggression in adversity. They came out after the catchers gaff/ Texas errors and just laid it on.

Best team in all of sports. You probably just don't know because your New York ego is blocking your view of reality. :p

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Best team in all of sports. You probably just don't know because your New York ego is blocking your view of reality. :p

Best team in all sports? Bwahahahahaha

We know there are only three best teams in all respective sports.(hockey doesn't count) Yankees, cowboys and lakers.

That was cute though. Lol

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Best team in all sports? Bwahahahahaha

We know there are only three best teams in all respective sports.(hockey doesn't count) Yankees, cowboys and lakers.

That was cute though. Lol

The fact that you didn't even list a hockey team tells me you suffer from the Ragu Effect. Hockey is easily the best of all sports. (yes, that's coming from a born and raised Texan. )

Fatty.

DFWJC

Reaction score

But really Red, they didn't lay it on.
That should have been a 1-2-3 inning. All infield ground balls that should have been outs.

Now yeas, after all the errors, they did finally capitalize. But they really should have had no runs that inning.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The fact that you didn't even list a hockey team tells me you suffer from the Ragu Effect. Hockey is easily the best of all sports. (yes, that's coming from a born and raised Texan. )

Fatty.

Silly rabbit ... Tricks are for kids... No one cares about hockey.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
That's wishful thinking... not with another 5 years left on his deal at well over $20 mil per season. On top of that you have his body-shape, age and losing power year after year... He's going to be a Rangers for a while.

Not wishful thinking at all. They're not going to get anything in return, but they will try to move him in a salary dump. All the beat writers and bloggers have been saying it for a long time. They'll eat some money and move him.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not wishful thinking at all. They're not going to get anything in return, but they will try to move him in a salary dump. All the beat writers and bloggers have been saying it for a long time. They'll eat some money and move him.

But that money is going to be part of that payroll for next season also.

Right now they're at $120 for 10 guys, and that includes the $6 mil credit Milwaukee gives them for the guy.

Even if they move him, what will they do have? Maybe $110 mil in payroll for 9 players? Just resigning their guys and going through arbitration with Moreland (which is going to cost the Rangers a mint) is going to drive that payroll up to a point where they aren't going to be signing any $20 mil per season players.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Depends on what they have to eat. They don't have any players that are going to get paid that much in arbitration. Moreland probably only gets to around 5-6 million. Nobody else is going to make a large jump. They could easily be 15-20 million below last years payroll after arbitration and non tenders. People said the same thing you're saying now before they signed Choo to a 7 year 142 million contract.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on what they have to eat. They don't have any players that are going to get paid that much in arbitration. Moreland probably only gets to around 5-6 million. Nobody else is going to make a large jump. They could easily be 15-20 million below last years payroll after arbitration and non tenders. People said the same thing you're saying now before they signed Choo to a 7 year 142 million contract.

Right now they're only $22 mil under their 2015 payroll... And that's with only 10 players signed for next season.

And I get the feeling that this ownership doesn't want to hit $150 mil in payroll.

And I'm not "people". I could care less what "people" said two years ago.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Right now they're only $22 mil under their 2015 payroll... And that's with only 10 players signed for next season.

And I get the feeling that this ownership doesn't want to hit $150 mil in payroll.

And I'm not "people". I could care less what "people" said two years ago.

With Prince on the roster.

They have very few FAs they are going to keep and only one arbitration eligible player going into more than the 1st arbitration eligible year. Trading Prince and eating as little as possible by adding in a prospect or two would easily allow them to be under the threshold required to go after a 20 million player if thats what they want to do. They are going to go after a power right handed bat and they will trade one of the left handers. Be it Cespedes or Upton, they will try to address this.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They have very few FAs they are going to keep and only one arbitration eligible player going into more than the 1st arbitration eligible year. Trading Prince and eating as little as possible by adding in a prospect or two would easily allow them to be under the threshold required to go after a 20 million player if thats what they want to do. They are going to go after a power right handed bat and they will trade one of the left handers. Be it Cespedes or Upton, they will try to address this.

It will be interesting to see if they indeed do that.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
I think this is bad year for the mets(if they win vs dodgers).Meaning the cubs might be a destiny team.

I'd be ok if cubs win... 107 years is a longggggg time.

I know! People here think Cowboy fans have waited a long time!! LOL

BigDGarciaFan

Reaction score
No offence ranger fans, but I have to admit, that was one heck of a game. I dubbed it "the game of the century"

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Dude.... 20 years IS Too long!!!

Have you read up on goat curse? .... Funny stuff

First....not a dude...I'm female ;) I know you couldn't tell from the username, so no problem.

Yes, 20 years for my Cowboys IS too long!! I agree!!

And I know all about the goat curse, the black cat when they played the Mets in 1969 (I'm sure we'll hear about that one in this series!), Steve Bartman (smh), Babe Ruth's called shot in the 1945 World Series...there are so many ways the Cubs have been snake bit, it's hard to keep track of all of them!! LOL

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
First....not a dude...I'm female ;) I know you couldn't tell from the username, so no problem.

Yes, 20 years for my Cowboys IS too long!! I agree!!

And I know all about the goat curse, the black cat when they played the Mets in 1969 (I'm sure we'll hear about that one in this series!), Steve Bartman (smh), Babe Ruth's called shot in the 1945 World Series...there are so many ways the Cubs have been snake bit, it's hard to keep track of all of them!! LOL

"Dude" has been used as unisex name for a while now.... Lol

FYI - I believe the babe Ruth one... I believe he called the shot... The other scenarios they allege are silly.

gmoney112

Reaction score

I wouldn't dump Prince this season. He's still got a live bat and is the best hitter on the team. He's not the same Prince as he was in Detroit, but he's a big part of the regular season success we had. But that's just my opinion.

We definitely need another bat though. I haven't really kept up with who they might be pursuing, but if we want to make a run next year we're going to need one.

Really interested to see how Brinson/Mazara/Gallo and the young pitchers we have progress. With Odor/Deshields we have a lot of young talent.

I really hope Profar rehabs and trains his tail off this offseason. He's got a lot of ground to cover, and the quicker he can get up to speed, the quicker he can challenge Elvis at SS. Elvis has always irked me for some reason and his comedy of errors in that Game 5 certainly didn't help his cause.

It's also interesting that Magadan and the Rangers have parted ways. I wonder who fills that position

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I wouldn't dump Prince this season. He's still got a live bat and is the best hitter on the team. He's not the same Prince as he was in Detroit, but he's a big part of the regular season success we had. But that's just my opinion.

You mean Milwaukee. His play was flaky in Detroit just like it has been here in Texas.

AzorAhai

Reaction score

We definitely need another bat though. I haven't really kept up with who they might be pursuing, but if we want to make a run next year we're going to need one.

Really interested to see how Brinson/Mazara/Gallo and the young pitchers we have progress. With Odor/Deshields we have a lot of young talent.

I really hope Profar rehabs and trains his tail off this offseason. He's got a lot of ground to cover, and the quicker he can get up to speed, the quicker he can challenge Elvis at SS. Elvis has always irked me for some reason and his comedy of errors in that Game 5 certainly didn't help his cause.

It's also interesting that Magadan and the Rangers have parted ways. I wonder who fills that position

I love Prince. He fits in with the team and seems like a really good guy. Thing is, his contract is a hindrance and will only get worse. The team is far too left handed and have more left handers on the way. One of him and Choo has to be traded and I would rather do it while Prince still has value. If I can trade him for relief and get a RH bat somewhere else I think you have to do it.