Texas Rangers

Londonboy

Reaction score
Well 2 of 3 was nice in Bochy homecoming but should have been a sweep . I’m uneasy with Will Smith as the guy who “ closes “ out playoff wins .

Gabe Kapler dragging the pitching coach with him to talk to the pitcher is comical . Never seen that before .

Last but not least absolutely hate this idiotic extra inning rule where you GIVE a team a runner on second to start the inning . Smacks of little league WS rules not MLB worthy .
Agree wholeheartedly, I've been away from Bball for a while and it saddens Me to see it pandering to the instant generation with these rule changes, I also hate seeing the DH rule in the NL (even though I actually prefer the DH), the difference between the AL and NL made for a more interesting World Series.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Never liked the DH rule . Pitchers are allowed to take batting practice . Learn how to hit .

Shane612

Reaction score
I haven't had this much fun watching the Rangers since their WSs days.
The players look like they enjoying too.
Oh, please win the WSs.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Pitchers don't need to be swinging a bat.

Bob Gibson among others were very dangerous hitters . It’s making someone “ fragile “ when you say you go sit down you don’t need to be swinging that dangerous bat you might get hurt . It’s like the NFL and pretty soon i expect this , outlawing sacking the QB

RonWashington

Reaction score
Braves Dodgers And now the Brewers from the NL have given the Rangers fits and all three series were in Arlington . Not good .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Bases loaded no outs don’t score in extra innings . The offense has really sputtered last month. I’m wondering if a fresh bat is to be found for a Sept call up. Jankowski and Grossman do nothing as corner OF in this lineup . Garcia in a terrible slump .

Well Scherzer goes Fri night then Mongomery Sat , sweeping Minn at home would be nice .

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Rangers are done. Like Bill Parcells said - "You are what you are." The first 3 months of the season we saw a great team and the last 3 months we've seen a below 0.500 team. I just don't know why it's so hard for this franchise to develop their own pitchers. Something has to change and it starts there. The fact that Colby Lewis and CJ Wilson are probably the 2 best homegrown pitchers in this franchise's last 30 years is a BIG problem!

Cole Ragans was pretty much a spare prospect who showed nothing here. He gets traded to KC for Chapman and suddenly he looks like a legit starting pitcher. Jack Leiter and Cole Winn were two heralded prospects and both have been underwhelming in the minors. TBD on Kumar Rocker. They have a ton of young pitching prospects in the pipeline and if none of them pan out, that is a huge fail on this organization's scouting and development. But considering the lack of developed pitchers here historically, it wouldn't be a surprise at all :(

JustChip

Reaction score
Rangers are done. Like Bill Parcells said - "You are what you are." The first 3 months of the season we saw a great team and the last 3 months we've seen a below 0.500 team. I just don't know why it's so hard for this franchise to develop their own pitchers. Something has to change and it starts there. The fact that Colby Lewis and CJ Wilson are probably the 2 best homegrown pitchers in this franchise's last 30 years is a BIG problem!

Cole Ragans was pretty much a spare prospect who showed nothing here. He gets traded to KC for Chapman and suddenly he looks like a legit starting pitcher. Jack Leiter and Cole Winn were two heralded prospects and both have been underwhelming in the minors. TBD on Kumar Rocker. They have a ton of young pitching prospects in the pipeline and if none of them pan out, that is a huge fail on this organization's scouting and development. But considering the lack of developed pitchers here historically, it wouldn't be a surprise at all :(
They were great the 1st 3 months because if their bats, but the bullpen was not playoff caliber. They tried to do something about it, but unfortunately, it’s still the weakest link.

The Rangers might, big MIGHT, make it to the playoffs, but they’ll not advance with this bullpen. Especially with the bush league extra inning format.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
The Rangers made some good deadline moves, but tough luck really hit them hard.

T-RO

Reaction score
The Rangers made some good deadline moves, but tough luck really hit them hard.
Texas was 40-20 through 60 games.
Since then? 46-48.

There have been multiple miserable stretches where this dead team looked like road kill.

But they've had a little nice stretch lately and are now back in 1st, ahead of both Astros and Mariners.

My hope is fragile, but I extend it to this team once more. Go Rangers!

RonWashington

Reaction score
The Angels series is a nice 3 game cushion before 4 to end the season in Seattle . 2 of 3 against the Angels a must sweep would be wonderful . This is a different offense with Jung back .

RonWashington

Reaction score
Boy I know it’s early on in his career and pitchers might catch up to him but Evan Carter looks like a 2nd round draft pick. Can hit has speed to play the OF . Big upgrade over Jankowski / Grossman down the stretch .

JustChip

Reaction score
The Angels series is a nice 3 game cushion before 4 to end the season in Seattle . 2 of 3 against the Angels a must sweep would be wonderful . This is a different offense with Jung back .
I thought they were done for after the sweep by Cleveland. But I certainly didn’t expect the Astros to drop 5 of 6 and Texas to sweep the Mariners.

The magic number to win the Division is now 5 over both the Astros and Mariners. The great thing is those teams play each other this week. One will most likely be all but formally eliminated since 1 will end up with at least 2 losses.

Like you said, taking 2 of 3 from the Angels is a must.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I thought they were done for after the sweep by Cleveland. But I certainly didn’t expect the Astros to drop 5 of 6 and Texas to sweep the Mariners.

The magic number to win the Division is now 5 over both the Astros and Mariners. The great thing is those teams play each other this week. One will most likely be all but formally eliminated since 1 will end up with at least 2 losses.

Like you said, taking 2 of 3 from the Angels is a must.

You’re right they sweep a tough Toronto club on the road go to Cleveland get swept ? The Royals beating up on Houston just beautiful .

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It's gonna be a tight finish but they have a strong chance to make it now. The offense has finally woken up and Evan Carter is the real deal. But unfortunately, the pitching is just not quality...even if they make the playoffs, it's really hard to see them doing anything with this bullpen. They scored 8 and 9 runs in the last two games and nearly blew it in the 9th both times o_O

RonWashington

Reaction score
Chapman imploding protecting a 2-1 lead was hard to take in Seattle . He’s just not a closer . I hope Andrew Heaney can get 6 in tonight and the offense wakes up . Ranger win Astros loss you make the playoffs .