Texas vs Ohio St. thread

Route 66

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2560580 said:
Sorry I could be getting your post mixed with Hank when it is said OU is better than Texas.

It's all good. I can understand everyone's argument for their respective teams. It really sucks right now with this crap we all have to face at the end of the season every year.

Route 66

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2560592 said:
And OU struggled aginst Kansas and Texas kicked their butt.

And OU trampled TT and beat OSU on their turf that the horns barely won by 3. See? and the wheel goes round and round.... :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rowdy;2560597 said:
It's all good. I can understand everyone's argument for their respective teams. It really sucks right now with this crap we all have to face at the end of the season every year.

I agree and I also agree OU has a right to be there. In a 2 way tie Texas would have had that shot in a 3 way tie we lost out but when I see an OU fan (not you) say Texas is not better or as good? I beg to differ

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rowdy;2560600 said:
And OU trampled TT and beat OSU on their turf that the horns barely won by 3. See? and the wheel goes round and round.... :D

I agree which is why I'm a proponent of a playoff system for Major College football. I don't think Texas is the only team who has a right to holler I think USC and Utah both have a legit argument and there is only 1 way I can see to end these types of debates and that is having these teams play one another in some form of a playoff system. Sorry I left out one point I do accept that who ever wins tomorrow will be the National Champ at least according to the system in place

Route 66

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2560603 said:
I agree and I also agree OU has a right to be there. In a 2 way tie Texas would have had that shot in a 3 way tie we lost out but when I see an OU fan (not you) say Texas is not better or as good? I beg to differ

Yes it would make sense that between the two of us, the nod should go to you guys 100%.

Route 66

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2560609 said:
Sorry I left out one point I do accept that who ever wins tomorrow will be the National Champ at least according to the system in place

That's it right there-according to the system in place. I wouldn't expect you to look at OU and to say you should see us as the end all, be all dominator of college football if we win out tomorrow.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rowdy;2560629 said:
That's it right there-according to the system in place. I wouldn't expect you to look at OU and to say you should see us as the end all, be all dominator of college football if we win out tomorrow.

From a Texas point of view we feel we are every bit as good as OU and with good reason but Texas failed to take care of our business vs TT and thus we put it in the hands of others to determine our fate.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rowdy;2560500 said:
I agree. However, if we go in tomorrow and Bradford lights it up and outguns Tebow and we have the higher score at the end of the game, then all that matters is what is achieved. Scores aren't remembered as much as the spoils.

If, is the key word here. Ohio State came in 2007 12-0 thinking if and they went ahead and got spanked 41-14 by these same Gators. If......... you win, then I will be amoung the first to congratulate the Sooner faithful but it won't mean that your better then Texas.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2560592 said:
And OU struggled aginst Kansas and Texas kicked their butt.

They struggled against several teams. Not saying that's a bad thing. It's just football. The problem is that scoring is king for OU faithful and so long as you score big, it doesn't matter how well your defense or special teams plays. It's not a sound way of looking at it IMO but it is what it is.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2560696 said:
If, is the key word here. Ohio State came in 2007 12-0 thinking if and they went ahead and got spanked 41-14 by these same Gators. If......... you win, then I will be amoung the first to congratulate the Sooner faithful but it won't mean that your better then Texas.

Please keep your so called "CongoRats" to yourself if Oklahoma wins. It is not needed nor is it even welcomed. With all the crying you have done since OU/FL was announced and the neg you rained down on Oklahoma over it, I honestly could care less. :)

There is just a very few handful of Texas fans on the board here that I could actually see meaning said congratulations to Oklahoma.

You my friend....are not on that list.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas;2560711 said:
Please keep your so called "CongoRats" to yourself if Oklahoma wins. It is not needed nor is it even welcomed. With all the crying you have done since OU/FL was announced and the neg you rained down on Oklahoma over it, I honestly could care less. :)

There is just a very few handful of Texas fans on the board here that I could actually see meaning said congratulations to Oklahoma.

You my friend....are not on that list.

:laugh2:

Now look what I've gone and done. I've hurt Jr's feelings. I think he might pick up his tea set and go on home.

Relax man. If I write down a few congratulatory words, assuming OU wins which is a big stretch in my mind, you don't have to read them. You can just pass that post on by.

LOL........

Route 66

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2560767 said:

Now look what I've gone and done. I've hurt Jr's feelings. I think he might pick up his tea set and go on home.

Relax man. If I write down a few congratulatory words, assuming OU wins which is a big stretch in my mind, you don't have to read them. You can just pass that post on by.

LOL........

I am curious as to why you consider OU winning a stretch.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rowdy;2560779 said:
I am curious as to why you consider OU winning a stretch.

I actually posted it in Pokes thread earlier. I just think that the way to beat OU is to run on them. If you can be succesful running the ball against OU, then you can beat them and Florida is about as good a running team as there is in College Football. Usually, you associate Florida with that quick strike run and gun offense but this Florida team can rush the ball well. If Harvin is healthy, then I just don't see how an undermand OU defense can stop Florida's running attack. If Florida runs the ball, then that keeps OUs offense on the side line, which is really the only way I believe OU can win this game. OU has been the recipient of a goodly amount of TOs all year. I don't think that will happen in this game so it's going to come down to scoring early and often for OU. In order to play that kind of game, I think OU has to make Florida go away from the run game. I don't see that happening.

Route 66

Reaction score
Keeping Tebow's rushing yardage down is huge in the redzone as well. I've only seen two polls but they both have Florida as winning so I like being an underdog.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rowdy;2560798 said:
Keeping Tebow's rushing yardage down is huge in the redzone as well. I've only seen two polls but they both have Florida as winning so I like being an underdog.

Actually, Tebow doesn't really run all that well. Not nearly as well as some make out. He does score a lot of TD with the run though. It's there two back offense that hurts you.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i dont understand why some people on here and elsewhere keep blasting texas for barely beating ohio state. they choose to ignore the fact that their D is one of the best in the country and pryor has only improved over the year, and they are still one of the best coached teams in the nation.

as for people like dallas and hank knocking us for barely beating them, id rather barely win against an "inferior" oponent than convicingly lose to one, 48-28 anyone?

so far we have learned that texas, usc, and utah deserved to be in the national championship. florida and ou havent proved that yet until they play tomorrow. if OU gets plastered yet again in the championship game i think its pretty safe to say the bcs got it wrong. so i dont think OU fans should be talking until tomorrow night

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
MC KAos;2560805 said:
i dont understand why some people on here and elsewhere keep blasting texas for barely beating ohio state. they choose to ignore the fact that their D is one of the best in the country and pryor has only improved over the year, and they are still one of the best coached teams in the nation.

as for people like dallas and hank knocking us for barely beating them, id rather barely win against an "inferior" oponent than convicingly lose to one, 48-28 anyone?

so far we have learned that texas, usc, and utah deserved to be in the national championship. florida and ou havent proved that yet until they play tomorrow. if OU gets plastered yet again in the championship game i think its pretty safe to say the bcs got it wrong. so i dont think OU fans should be talking until tomorrow night

Exactly.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
MC KAos;2560805 said:

Not one OU fan one has been spouting anything about Oklahoma winning this game. We all know its going to be one heck of a game no matter who wins.

Where has it been said that Oklahoma was going to whip up on FL? Show me where thats been said? It might be casually wished for. I hope all fans feel that way. I have been in these threads all week and ive yet to find some chest thumping Sooner fan. Are they defending Oklahoma? You bet they are. Please don't confused the 2.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dallas;2560843 said:
Not one OU fan one has been spouting anything about Oklahoma winning this game. We all know its going to be one heck of a game no matter who wins.

Where has it been said that Oklahoma was going to whip up on FL? Show me where thats been said? It might be casually wished for. I hope all fans feel that way. I have been in these threads all week and ive yet to find some chest thumping Sooner fan. Are they defending Oklahoma? You bet they are. Please don't confused the 2.

i never said you said that. what i am saying is that some on here, like yourself, are saying that texas didnt deserve a spot in the championship game because of the way they played against ohio state, but if we are looking in hindsight, we cant say whether florida or oklahoma deserved to be there until after tomorrows game. if one team whoops up on the other, i believe it will mean that it was the wrong match up.

again, oklahoma, florida, texas, usc, penn state, boise state and utah all had a case to be in the championship game before the bowls started

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2560789 said:
I actually posted it in Pokes thread earlier. I just think that the way to beat OU is to run on them. If you can be succesful running the ball against OU, then you can beat them and Florida is about as good a running team as there is in College Football. Usually, you associate Florida with that quick strike run and gun offense but this Florida team can rush the ball well. If Harvin is healthy, then I just don't see how an undermand OU defense can stop Florida's running attack. If Florida runs the ball, then that keeps OUs offense on the side line, which is really the only way I believe OU can win this game. OU has been the recipient of a goodly amount of TOs all year. I don't think that will happen in this game so it's going to come down to scoring early and often for OU. In order to play that kind of game, I think OU has to make Florida go away from the run game. I don't see that happening.

Florida is going to be able to run the ball.

OU just better hope Tebow doesn't come out hot passing the ball.

If he does it is over with.