Texas vs Ohio St. thread

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rowdy;2560335 said:
Herein lies the problem. I believe OU is the better team and that is not because I'm biased. I just don't hang a season on one game. You do. That's fine. The difference between you and I is simply that.

Texas has the same record as OU so it is not just 1 game but the 1 game comes into play when 2 teams have the same record and are in the same conferance. Do I think Texas is better than OU? Yes we beat you and that is all any team can do is go out and win Texas did just that. Now tell me why do you think OU is the better team because voters said so?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rowdy;2560400 said:
I have heard from you for quite awhile that Texas should be above OU due to the "45-35". That sounds like to me a one-game based ideaology way of thinking. Then, you go off on lumping all fans together which is a big mistake and lowers your credibility in my mind. I have exhaustively shown that I am not biased towards what is right. It is NOT just OU fans that "think" they were hot at the end. They were. They made history this season with 5 60 pt games in a row. That hasn't happened in 89 years. I would think that most would call that a "hot" run regardless of what team you stand behind.

My credability, in your mind, is not important to me. It is what it is. You clammer about one game but in truth, if it were not for the one game you played against Tech, we would not be having this discussion and you know that's true.

OU fans point to the Tech game and to the Okst game but they ingnore the Texas game.

I would simply point out that OU has lost the last two times they played Tech in Lubback as well. Tech is clearly a very different team at home as opposed to on the road.

The OkSt. game was not, IMO, a very good performance from OU. You won that game 61-41 but OkSt. was right there with 10 minutes left in the 4th. OU didn't run away with that game and it was far from a convincing win. You gave up 41 points. Your defense allowed 452 yards, they put up 200 rushing on you. State turned the ball over twice while OU didn't. OU put up points, that's true and as I've said all along, you have a very good offense but that game was far from impressive IMO.

You said it yourself. You scored 60 in 5 games towards the end and that was some kind of record. However, you fail to mention that you also gave up 418 yards, 204 rushing to a horrible Nebraska team. You gave up 28 points to TAM. You gave up 400 to Tech, which is really not too bad considering but they did turn the ball over a lot, so I do give you props there. We've already covered OkSt.

I'm just saying that there is more to football then just offense.

Route 66

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2560415 said:
Texas has the same record as OU so it is not just 1 game but the 1 game comes into play when 2 teams have the same record and are in the same conferance. Do I think Texas is better than OU? Yes we beat you and that is all any team can do is go out and win Texas did just that. Now tell me why do you think OU is the better team because voters said so?

OU played one bad game and lost. The rest of the season showed dominance over teams you struggled against.

Route 66

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2560438 said:
My credability, in your mind, is not important to me. It is what it is. You clammer about one game but in truth, if it were not for the one game you played against Tech, we would not be having this discussion and you know that's true.

OU fans point to the Tech game and to the Okst game but they ingnore the Texas game.

I would simply point out that OU has lost the last two times they played Tech in Lubback as well. Tech is clearly a very different team at home as opposed to on the road.

The OkSt. game was not, IMO, a very good performance from OU. You won that game 61-41 but OkSt. was right there with 10 minutes left in the 4th. OU didn't run away with that game and it was far from a convincing win. You gave up 41 points. Your defense allowed 452 yards, they put up 200 rushing on you. State turned the ball over twice while OU didn't. OU put up points, that's true and as I've said all along, you have a very good offense but that game was far from impressive IMO.

This is pointless. I have never and will never go off one game at all this past season. That is your doing and your fans. So I have no idea why you keep pointing the finger at me. Use your quote option and show me where I lay it all out on one game only for my argument.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rowdy;2560484 said:
This is pointless. I have never and will never go off one game at all this past season. That is your doing and your fans. So I have no idea why you keep pointing the finger at me. Use your quote option and show me where I lay it all out on one game only for my argument.

In your previous post, you said that OU only played on bad game. You also said that they showed dominance over teams we struggled with. What teams were those?

Route 66

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2560438 said:
I'm just saying that there is more to football then just offense.

I agree. However, if we go in tomorrow and Bradford lights it up and outguns Tebow and we have the higher score at the end of the game, then all that matters is what is achieved. Scores aren't remembered as much as the spoils.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rowdy;2560484 said:

When teams have the same record and they've played each other the team that won should be ranked higher.

Route 66

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2560511 said:
When teams have the same record and they've played each other the team that won should be ranked higher.

That's your opinion, not the BCS's. If it does change to that, then I'll be behind that rule change.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rowdy;2560518 said:
That's your opinion, not the BCS's. If it does change to that, then I'll be behind that rule change.

It's conventional sports wisdom. I'm pretty sure if you're team was on the other side off the fence you'd feel differently

Route 66

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2560526 said:
It's conventional sports wisdom. I'm pretty sure if you're team was on the other side off the fence you'd feel differently

You want the truth? I was hoping you wouldnt stoop that low and insult my appreciation for the game and the rules set forth. You dont know me so go ahead and assume crap. I know what I would feel and thats all that matters.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rowdy;2560518 said:

That is it in a nutshell because the BCS says so. To say Texas beat OU but they are not better sounds downright silly how else do you determine who is better? Last time I checked it is by playing that team and letting the outcome speak for itself not someone or some entity say because in our opinion.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I guess by this reasoning if OU beats Florida then we could crown Flordia the National Champs since the outcome of the game means nothing?

Route 66

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2560536 said:
That is it in a nutshell because the BCS says so. To say Texas beat OU but they are not better sounds downright silly how else do you determine who is better? Last time I checked it is by playing that team and letting the outcome speak for itself not someone or some entity say because in our opinion.

You act like that one game was played, then voted on after. Ridiculous. Votes were made based on the season and how it played out and OU dominated the teams you couldn't. If I side with the rules, then I'm guilty of doing it for convenience. :rolleyes:

Route 66

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2560541 said:
I guess by this reasoning if OU beats Florida then we could crown Flordia the National Champs since the outcome of the game means nothing?

If the rules call for it then have at it. Unfortunately for you, no.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rowdy;2560552 said:
You act like that one game was played, then voted on after. Ridiculous. Votes were made based on the season and how it played out and OU dominated the teams you couldn't. If I side with the rules, then I'm guilty of doing it for convenience. :rolleyes:

I'm acting like a game played between 2 teams where 1 beats the other and they have the same record at the end yes I think Texas is every bit as good as OU there is nothing more Texas could do than to Beat OU. For any OU fan to say Texas is not as good as OU is a joke we beat you we have the same record and don't kid yourself your boys had a rough game aginst Kansas and K-State so it was not like your team did not have it's share of close games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rowdy;2560553 said:
If the rules call for it then have at it. Unfortunately for you, no.

So what your telling me is winning should determine the outcome? Texas did what they had to do they beat OU that is not an opinion it is the fact as for OU being better that is nothing but an opinion when it counted when it came down to winning or losing Texas won the game. You tell me OU is the better team based on what? Thus far I see nothing but an opinion

Route 66

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2560559 said:
I'm acting like a game played between 2 teams where 1 beats the other and they have the same record at the end yes I think Texas is every bit as good as OU there is nothing more Texas could do than to Beat OU. For any OU fan to say Texas is not as good as OU is a joke we beat you we have the same record and don't kid yourself your boys had a rough game aginst Kansas and K-State so it was not like your team did not have it's share of close games.

Are some of you having issues? I have posted numerous times why I think OU has a right to be where they are and so DOES TEXAS. Regardless if OU dominated teams that you guys struggled against, you beat us during the regular season so that is what makes the difference. We squeaked by you according to the BCS-barely.

Some of you really need to read these posts because I have seen few to none of OU fans saying Texas sucks and you guys don't deserve jack. IMO either team is worthy to play tomorrow.

Route 66

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2560563 said:
So what your telling me is winning should determine the outcome? Texas did what they had to do they beat OU that is not an opinion it is the fact as for OU being better that is nothing but an opinion when it counted when it came down to winning or losing Texas won the game. You tell me OU is the better team based on what? Thus far I see nothing but an opinion

Texas did what they had to do to beat OU. As far as I can tell, no one in the entire country refutes that. So yes, you beat OU. But like I said the other day, if you beat us and then proceeded to lose out the rest of the season and we had the same record we have today, does that mean we have no hopes then to ever play the big game because we will always be underneath you? That's a flawed way of thinking.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rowdy;2560566 said:
Are some of you having issues? I have posted numerous times why I think OU has a right to be where they are and so DOES TEXAS. Regardless if OU dominated teams that you guys struggled against, you beat us during the regular season so that is what makes the difference. We squeaked by you according to the BCS-barely.

Some of you really need to read these posts because I have seen few to none of OU fans saying Texas sucks and you guys don't deserve jack. IMO either team is worthy to play tomorrow.

Sorry I could be getting your post mixed with Hank when it is said OU is better than Texas.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rowdy;2560566 said:

And OU struggled aginst Kansas and Texas kicked their butt.