Thank you Jason Garrett

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you for being a true professional, a great man, and being able to put up with Jerry for 10 years. You may not have achieved the results that this fan base expects, but the players never quit on you and I know you wanted to bring another championship to Big D. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Yeah, JG missed the playoffs in 6 out of his 9 full seasons. The fanbase has such lofty expectations. :facepalm:

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Thank Garrett.

For wasting talented teams. Icing your own kicker. The Clap.

For being the Cowboys HC for far too long.

Course, I never wanted you as HC..

So, Thanks for nothing. When you're cleaning out your desk. Go up to the drunk guy's desk and move him out too.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you Jason for showing the world that self-respect does indeed have a price. ......its around 6 million/year.

chicago JK

Reaction score
It is way past due to move on. Jason Garrett wasn't winning a super bowl here and that is the end game. Maybe no one can in the current environment but we all know Garrett has proven he can't. Time to move on.

I will say you are fooling yourself if Garrett is the only cause for this teams continued disappointment. The Talent is not good enough and if you look forward they have very little top talent on rookie deals. That is not a great place to be. This team needs to really hit their next two drafts to become a contender again.

gongjr

Reaction score
Jeez some people are salty. Like him or not, JG had a hand in rebuilding this organization to be strong in the trenches(at least offensively) and will leave the next guy with a much stronger unit than the last time we went through this. Wish him the best just like other former coaches & players that couldn't get to the ultimate goal here.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Jeez some people are salty. Like him or not, JG had a hand in rebuilding this organization to be strong in the trenches(at least offensively) and will leave the next guy with a much stronger unit than the last time we went through this. Wish him the best just like other former coaches & players that couldn't get to the ultimate goal here.

This is a really weird take since he inherited most of his good players from the Parcells/Phillips years, and had several years with awful OL and defensive play.

Scotman

Reaction score
He's probably a nice guy. But I'm not cheering for his social life. Nice guys need to win in this league, too. I've been a Cowboy's fan since the 60's. Garrett just never got it done. He's had solid QB's. He's had good players. But we lost to the Jets. Then we lost to the Eagles in a must-win game. I don't hate him, but I truly don't think I could watch another season with him being the guy on the sideline.

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
Thank you Garret for not knowing how to manage a game after 10 years, thank you for the consistent lack of playoff success, thank you for wasting the careers of guys like Romo, Witten and Ware, thank you for be so stubborn and sticking with your old antiquated playbook and one last thank you for another 8-8 season.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
as far as i am concerned, garrett stole 10 years from us.
cheers to late stage 4 metastatic cancer to both of u
So, if you work at your job and do what you are capable of doing, but there is someone else out there in the world that has a better aptitude for the job than you do, that means you screwed everyone and stole years away by continuing to work at your job? That's pretty nonsensical.

Besides, you can't reasonably fault a guy for holding onto his job and trying to do it year after year. Everybody does that, and very few people are among the elite talents for the job they are hired to do. It's up to the people higher on the ladder within an organization to make the decision if the job you are doing is good enough or if their needs to be a change. That's on Jerry, not Jason.

gongjr

Reaction score
This is a really weird take since he inherited most of his good players from the Parcells/Phillips years, and had several years with awful OL and defensive play.

I guess I'm thinking in terms of team structure(or just have a terrible memory). We rebuilt this team from an outside in to an inside out unit with that inherited talent basically keeping things competitive during that process, and by 2013 were a tough running football team. That's the structure that really helped Dak & Zeke come right in & be successful in my opinion anyway. How much was his influence, or a front office shift, who knows but there was definitely something different personnel-wise. I do hope we keep that up going forward and take the same approach on the defensive side.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
And he wasted that OL with awful play calling.