Thank you Jason Garrett

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
You can't blame Jones for all the lack of situational awareness and game management mistakes whether it be with the game clock, timeouts, and even icing his own kicker.
It was the same story with Wade Phillips. Something has to be going on in the background.
Dallas will get a new coach and we’ll see the same results. 8-8 seasons, with a couple winning seasons sprinkled in here and there to keep the fan base from leaving.

And the cycle continues ...

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’m no fan of Jerry the GM but I have to ask an honest question here. What do you think Jerry did to keep Garrett from succeeding?

How many coaches have not succeeded under Jerry, GM for life?

After you're done counting, ask yourself who has been the common denominator for all of those non-succeeding coaches.

Now, ask yourself if that's just coincidence or perhaps a trend.

Last edited:

basilhayden

Reaction score
Good riddance.
Dont forget to take your Zone minions with you on the way out to empty our trash.

Section446

Reaction score
Thanks for being a huge part of ruining Cowboys football, the rest of the league has LOVED the last 10 years and they're sorry to see it end.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you sure he spent as much time and effort as you think? He took pride in bragging about his philosophy of not adapting to other teams. Doing the same thing every week doesn’t impress me as the most time consuming way of coaching. If anything it keeps him from having to put extra time or effort into preparing for opposing teams.

Entitled is the only word I can think of to describe his coaching career.
Nobody ever suggested otherwise - never even a remote hint he was giving less than his best effort and putting in the time and energy. Not even Dez, who clearly is not a fan of Garrett’s.

I’m not sure why some fans feel the need to carry animosity, and the need to imagine grudges and character flaws to justify that animosity, but his shortcoming as a coach are just shortcomings as a coach, just like a hell of a lot of coaches before him and ones that will come after. Not being a top quality coach doesn’t indicate an unwillingness to work hard and be dedicated any more than Looney not being as good a center as Frederick means Looney is unwilling to do those things. He just wasn’t blessed with the same talent and aptitude, and that’s really what it seems is the case with Garrett.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why the animosity folks? Not having the talent and aptitude another coach might doesn’t make Garrett a jerk, or lazy,or mean spirited or unwilling to give his best effort. There is nothing to hold ill will over with Garrett and no reason to fabricate an imaginary personal grudge.

Being short of the talent and aptitude is just being short of the talent and aptitude. It’s not a personal affront to fans and it’s not a character flaw.

Clutching to misplaced animosity is, however, a character flaw.

The decision to replace Garrett is, and should be, a business decision and an effort to improve talent, not to get revenge for some fantasy grudge a fan can conjure up.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Why the animosity folks? Not having the talent and aptitude another coach might doesn’t make Garrett a jerk, or lazy,or mean spirited or unwilling to give his best effort. There is nothing to hold ill will over with Garrett and no reason to fabricate an imaginary personal grudge.

Being short of the talent and aptitude is just being short of the talent and aptitude. It’s not a personal affront to fans and it’s not a character flaw.

Clutching to misplaced animosity is, however, a character flaw.

The decision to replace Garrett is, and should be, a business decision and an effort to improve talent, not to get revenge for some fantasy grudge a fan can conjure up.

if garrett gets run over by a truck, it is party time.
drinks are on me!
the only thing missing today was fan throwing things at that piece of **** as he left

mardwin

Reaction score
He should have been fired after Wade Phillips, I never forget how his offense tanked leading to a decade of misery. Hope to never see him again roaming the Cowboys sidelines.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if garrett gets run over by a truck, it is party time.
drinks are on me!
the only thing missing today was fan throwing things at that piece of **** as he left
Okay, so you’re the jerk. Lol

Thanks for the info.