CFZ Thank you Jerry for being a man of your word

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I had a go at Jerry on here weeks ago questioning his integrity in relation to Jimmy. He had promised Jimmy during the HOF game in 2021 that Jimmy was going to go into the ROH. I had a go at Jerry after a tough loss several weeks ago because I felt he was not being honest with Jimmy when he promised Jimmy that. In light of the news today, it's only fair that I say this. Thank you Jerry for being a man of your word. It's a pity that it took as long as it did, but it's good that Jerry is finally doing the right thing in putting Jimmy Johnson in the ROH.

I don't know if there is a curse on the Cowboys as a result of what happened when I was still in diapers between Jerry and Jimmy. I should also note that I only was able to read the captions, and the big banner that Fox had when Jerry made the announcement about Jimmy going into the ROH because I was at the airport in Tampa coming home to Cleveland following a family reunion. That said, when I read that, I was both thrilled and glad that Jerry announced that he's going to be a man of his word. I was glad because it's good for people to let by gones be bygones. It's good that now, as far as I'm concerned, what happened in the past is now the past officially. I'm thrilled because, if there was a curse on the Cowboys, perhaps now it will be lifted. Perhaps now, the Cowboys fortunes will improve in terms of long term playoff success.

More importantly, given the age of Jerry and Jimmy, it's good that they have let whatever caused their spat is now in the past. I'm glad that they are now back to being the friends that they were. Who knows what is possible now that things are back to normal with them?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was such a touchy feely good time today I thought for a second Jerry was going to offer the HC job to Jimmy.

Decades too late but FINALLY we will see Jimmy in the ROH. Since it's a Saturday game and Jimmy works for Fox, maybe Fox can actually show the ceremony.

Darkhound

Reaction score
I had a go at Jerry on here weeks ago questioning his integrity in relation to Jimmy. He had promised Jimmy during the HOF game in 2021 that Jimmy was going to go into the ROH. I had a go at Jerry after a tough loss several weeks ago because I felt he was not being honest with Jimmy when he promised Jimmy that. In light of the news today, it's only fair that I say this. Thank you Jerry for being a man of your word. It's a pity that it took as long as it did, but it's good that Jerry is finally doing the right thing in putting Jimmy Johnson in the ROH.

I don't know if there is a curse on the Cowboys as a result of what happened when I was still in diapers between Jerry and Jimmy. I should also note that I only was able to read the captions, and the big banner that Fox had when Jerry made the announcement about Jimmy going into the ROH because I was at the airport in Tampa coming home to Cleveland following a family reunion. That said, when I read that, I was both thrilled and glad that Jerry announced that he's going to be a man of his word. I was glad because it's good for people to let by gones be bygones. It's good that now, as far as I'm concerned, what happened in the past is now the past officially. I'm thrilled because, if there was a curse on the Cowboys, perhaps now it will be lifted. Perhaps now, the Cowboys fortunes will improve in terms of long term playoff success.

More importantly, given the age of Jerry and Jimmy, it's good that they have let whatever caused their spat is now in the past. I'm glad that they are now back to being the friends that they were. Who knows what is possible now that things are back to normal with them?
With all due respecto Demarcus Ware but having him on the ROH and not Jimmy Johnson was a total stupidity that made no sense whatsoever. I am 100% sure The didiotic senile Jerry just did this beucase of the tremendous presure.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
With all due respecto Demarcus Ware but having him on the ROH and not Jimmy Johnson was a total stupidity that made no sense whatsoever. I am 100% sure The didiotic senile Jerry just did this beucase of the tremendous presure.

I'm not in his mind, so I don't know what caused this. All I know is that he promised to put Jimmy in, and he's doing that.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I think they made up at that Rams game.

Will say this, Jimmy is aging better. Got out of football just in time before the stress killed him.

Jerra starting to worry me, definitely showing the age on that moment between him and Jimmy on the Fox Pre-Game Show.

Maybe that’s why he’s changing his tune too. Grim reaper getting closer.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think they made up at that Rams game.

Will say this, Jimmy is aging better. Got out of football just in time before the stress killed him.

Jerra starting to worry me, definitely showing the age on that moment between him and Jimmy on the Fox Pre-Game Show.

Maybe that’s why he’s changing his tune too. Grim reaper getting closer.

Yup, and I was wondering if he was doing this to try to get his affairs in order.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

Hopefully he closes the deal and does right by the man who gave him everything he has (achievement wise) as an owner.

Sad that it took approaching death to make him do the right thing...and it will always make him look like a little man for firing the best thing that happened to him (including the birth of his idiot son Fredo)...but better late than never.

He should get a Jimmy Johnson tattoo on his butt....or at least have it engraved on his coffin (which hopefully he's already picked out)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hopefully he closes the deal and does right by the man who gave him everything he has (achievement wise) as an owner.

Sad that it took approaching death to make him do the right thing...and it will always make him look like a little man for firing the best thing that happened to him (including the birth of his idiot son Fredo)...but better late than never.

He should get a Jimmy Johnson tattoo on his butt....or at least have it engraved on his coffin (which hopefully he's already picked out)

I mean, I don't know if he's on the door, but it is sad that it took this long for Jerry to do the right thing for Jimmy. At least it's better late than never.