CFZ Thank you Jerry for being a man of your word

Sydla

Reaction score
It's great that Jimmy is going into the Ring of Honor. He deserves it.

But it also doesn't change the fact Jerry acted with pettiness for years over this. So Jerry doesn't get a big attaboy from me for finally doing this. Should have been done awhile ago.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
you know this is just another narrative that gets spewed around here so much the fans have to come on and apologize for calling out jerry....., seriously last year he came out and stated he would put Jimmy in the ring of honor and now he's doing it...

However, get it done now crowd or the NOW or never generation ie its instant ir its an issue well it wasn't fast enough.. it's nice to know that fans think they own the team.. they make it their business to have six threads on why jerry sucks

then have to come on and apologize be.... ever been brought up has been busted... do i need to link you for the proof about three open ring of honor issues in the last month on this very subject.,

it's being done,

i also want to bring up the fact that it took Miami Hurricanes MUCH MUCH longer to put Jimmy in their version of the ring of honor.... so all this talk that it's decades too late is nonsense that comes from the me generation as you think you are entitled to judge man on his wishes on the timing of these things, it's just the right time for jerry, you know the owner of this team.. none of you have right to call the man out and tell him what the time frame should have been done.

why is it just the right time oh lets see 2020 JJ was put in the HOF, 2023 Miami put Jimmy in their ROH , and now almost simultaneously Jerry is putting Jimmy in the DC ROH.. it appears to me it takes some time for the special honors to happen.... fans don't get to dictate this stuff,

let's be honest here,

it's your issue, not Jerrys....

the self-entitlement crowd is ridiculous...

you want things done differently, go buy your own team and run it your own way! until then this once again proves fans are wrong and wasted energy whining and crying and throwing out hard judgements that turn out to be WRONG..

Some of you all sound like toddlers in here most days, ranting and raving about Jerry and anything under the sun you FEEL should be done your way,,

last i checked i don't see any NFL credentials on any of your necks.... yet you seem to have strong opinions you believe are correct, yet they are NOT.

PS i think it's going to be really funny if Jerry comes out and puts himself in with jimmy... that would really stir up the zoners...

however, as egotistical as that sounds i think they belong going in together.... but i don't think jerry's old ego is is such that he would try to steal some shine away from Jimmy...

I was taking issue when I had the go at him weeks ago because he said it in 2021, and it had been over 2 years at the time when I had my go at him because I felt that he wasn't sticking to his word. As a result, it's only fair that I wrote my op here to credit him for sticking to his word. Nothing more and nothing less than that. I don't care what he does. I just wanted him to put Jimmy in because he said that he would.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I was taking issue when I had the go at him weeks ago because he said it in 2021, and it had been over 2 years at the time when I had my go at him because I felt that he wasn't sticking to his word. As a result, it's only fair that I wrote my op here to credit him for sticking to his word. Nothing more and nothing less than that. I don't care what he does. I just wanted him to put Jimmy in because he said that he would.
disagree its fair IN YOUR VIEW .. That's the self entitlement around here I talk about you have no right to tell Jerry when he should do this and get on him for not doing it at your pace on your timeline for his team...

So once again you and everyone else were wrong saying Jerry would never do it and he did it they say that about Jerry a lot just like the whole GM thing if you all really believe he's still the GM and not giving will mcclay and the rest of the staff that was hired to help manage this team then these narratives that you guys keep coming up with will continue to get busted because you complain and you whine and then you end up wrong anyway the point is you wasted the energy you wasted the people's time complaining about it you open up threads and then you have to come back and then you give him credit for it no he intended on doing it the whole time he just did it on his own time frame and I'm gonna keep bringing up this argument it was 2020 when Jimmy Johnson got in the Hall of Fame it was just the last couple months Miami put him in their version of the Hall of Fame and now Jerry follow suit is putting him in the Ring of Honor it seems to me they all waited this same time frame for all these accolades..

So as much as you feel it was too late I'm saying it wasn't because it was on garry's time frame which also looks like what the rest of the league and other teams have done it takes a while for the process to play itself out...

Motorola

Reaction score
It was such a touchy feely good time today I thought for a second Jerry was going to offer the HC job to Jimmy.

Decades too late but FINALLY we will see Jimmy in the ROH. Since it's a Saturday game and Jimmy works for Fox, maybe Fox can actually show the ceremony.
The game is scheduled to be broadcast by abc/ESPN.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
disagree its fair IN YOUR VIEW .. That's the self entitlement around here I talk about you have no right to tell Jerry when he should do this and get on him for not doing it at your pace on your timeline for his team...

So once again you and everyone else were wrong saying Jerry would never do it and he did it they say that about Jerry a lot just like the whole GM thing if you all really believe he's still the GM and not giving will mcclay and the rest of the staff that was hired to help manage this team then these narratives that you guys keep coming up with will continue to get busted because you complain and you whine and then you end up wrong anyway the point is you wasted the energy you wasted the people's time complaining about it you open up threads and then you have to come back and then you give him credit for it no he intended on doing it the whole time he just did it on his own time frame and I'm gonna keep bringing up this argument it was 2020 when Jimmy Johnson got in the Hall of Fame it was just the last couple months Miami put him in their version of the Hall of Fame and now Jerry follow suit is putting him in the Ring of Honor it seems to me they all waited this same time frame for all these accolades..

So as much as you feel it was too late I'm saying it wasn't because it was on garry's time frame which also looks like what the rest of the league and other teams have done it takes a while for the process to play itself out...

Im not saying it was late. It just seemed like, at the time, that he wasn't going to despite saying that he would. Maybe I could've been a bit more patient with him about it, but, when someone says that they're going to do something, it's best to do it. At the time, I was having doubts that he would follow through on it. I'm saying now that I'm glad that he's following through on his word and am thanking him for being a man of his word. I'm giving my OPINION, which I'm well in my rights to do on a forum. In other words, I'm giving him kudos for being a man of his word because, in my opinion, he has shown that he's a man of his word. Plus, when I criticise someone for something that I thought was wrong, I will usually credit them when they do the right things. I'm not one to constantly critique.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Come to think of it, imagine what a story that would be for all the people prone to superstition lol. Jerry finally takes Jimmy into the ROH and we win the Superbowl. Nothing in the world could them ever convince otherwise again.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Come to think of it, imagine what a story that would be for all the people prone to superstition lol. Jerry finally takes Jimmy into the ROH and we win the Superbowl. Nothing in the world could them ever convince otherwise again.

Hahaha, I could definitely see that. I wonder if that's partly why he's doing it at our home finale? As a chance to spur the team on in the playoffs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Im not saying it was late. It just seemed like, at the time, that he wasn't going to despite saying that he would. Maybe I could've been a bit more patient with him about it, but, when someone says that they're going to do something, it's best to do it. At the time, I was having doubts that he would follow through on it. I'm saying now that I'm glad that he's following through on his word and am thanking him for being a man of his word. I'm giving my OPINION, which I'm well in my rights to do on a forum. In other words, I'm giving him kudos for being a man of his word because, in my opinion, he has shown that he's a man of his word. Plus, when I criticise someone for something that I thought was wrong, I will usually credit them when they do the right things. I'm not one to constantly critique.
And again, your thoughts were wrong, your statements were wrong ,you saying it seemed like it's all on your false expectations your expectations do not line up with someone who actually owns the team and again all the energy put to hating on Jerry was for not and it keeps coming up in many situations lots of the narratives continually get broke because they were wrong in the first place... Let's get back to the point you wouldn't even have to be here with the egg on your face post that you started this thread as a thank you I was wrong and Jerry you were right ridiculous post if you hadn't started the fire that he would never do it you claimed he would never do it I read these things you said his ego he would die not doing it and that Jimmy Johnson would get in with the next regime that was what was being said you were all wrong...

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I had a go at Jerry on here weeks ago questioning his integrity in relation to Jimmy. He had promised Jimmy during the HOF game in 2021 that Jimmy was going to go into the ROH. I had a go at Jerry after a tough loss several weeks ago because I felt he was not being honest with Jimmy when he promised Jimmy that. In light of the news today, it's only fair that I say this. Thank you Jerry for being a man of your word. It's a pity that it took as long as it did, but it's good that Jerry is finally doing the right thing in putting Jimmy Johnson in the ROH.

I don't know if there is a curse on the Cowboys as a result of what happened when I was still in diapers between Jerry and Jimmy. I should also note that I only was able to read the captions, and the big banner that Fox had when Jerry made the announcement about Jimmy going into the ROH because I was at the airport in Tampa coming home to Cleveland following a family reunion. That said, when I read that, I was both thrilled and glad that Jerry announced that he's going to be a man of his word. I was glad because it's good for people to let by gones be bygones. It's good that now, as far as I'm concerned, what happened in the past is now the past officially. I'm thrilled because, if there was a curse on the Cowboys, perhaps now it will be lifted. Perhaps now, the Cowboys fortunes will improve in terms of long term playoff success.

More importantly, given the age of Jerry and Jimmy, it's good that they have let whatever caused their spat is now in the past. I'm glad that they are now back to being the friends that they were. Who knows what is possible now that things are back to normal with them?
Glad Jimmy is going in while still alive to be able to enjoy the honor and privilege.
Glad Jerry is doing the right thing.
Props to Jerry,
Credit where credit is due!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And again, your thoughts were wrong, your statements were wrong ,you saying it seemed like it's all on your false expectations your expectations do not line up with someone who actually owns the team and again all the energy put to hating on Jerry was for not and it keeps coming up in many situations lots of the narratives continually get broke because they were wrong in the first place... Let's get back to the point you wouldn't even have to be here with the egg on your face post that you started this thread as a thank you I was wrong and Jerry you were right ridiculous post if you hadn't started the fire that he would never do it you claimed he would never do it I read these things you said his ego he would die not doing it and that Jimmy Johnson would get in with the next regime that was what was being said you were all wrong...

Tbf, I'm far from the only one on here that thought he'd never do it. Sure, I ended up being wrong, and I hoped I'd be wrong. It's never good to hold a grudge.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Glad Jimmy is going in while still alive to be able to enjoy the honor and privilege.
Glad Jerry is doing the right thing.
Props to Jerry,
Credit where credit is due!

Exactly, I hoped I'd be wrong about him never putting him in, and I'm glad he's putting Jimmy in. We are only given so much time, and forgiveness is always important. I don't know what happened between Jerry and Jimmy as I was still in diapers at the time. That said, it bothers me to see people holding a grudge against another person for decades. It eats at people. I think part of the reason that some people age in some ways is because they have some aspects of their lives that they've held onto for a long time. My philosophy is that it's usually better to let bygones be bygones.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's great that Jimmy is going into the Ring of Honor. He deserves it.

But it also doesn't change the fact Jerry acted with pettiness for years over this. So Jerry doesn't get a big attaboy from me for finally doing this. Should have been done awhile ago.

Again, I don't know what happened between them. It's probably deeper than any of us know. That said, I'm just glad that they've set aside what bothered them about each other, and now the right thing is being done.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Exactly, I hoped I'd be wrong about him never putting him in, and I'm glad he's putting Jimmy in. We are only given so much time, and forgiveness is always important. I don't know what happened between Jerry and Jimmy as I was still in diapers at the time. That said, it bothers me to see people holding a grudge against another person for decades. It eats at people. I think part of the reason that some people age in some ways is because they have some aspects of their lives that they've held onto for a long time. My philosophy is that it's usually better to let bygones be bygones.
The Bible talks about bitterness in a negative way.
It eats you up.
Don't know exactly the issues either between the 2, but glad to see them together again.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jimmy's entry into the Ring of Honor was certainly a long time coming but like they say, it's better late than never! I still somewhat doubt that the relationship between those two is all "peaches and cream," but at least, they're on good speaking terms and pretend to like one another. I'm recalling several times I've heard Jimmy say unkind things about Jerry, even though Jerry was reluctant to get into that cold, hard discussion. Perhaps they'll both bury and hatchet and be highly inclined to fully credit one another for a highly productive relationship. It'll be nice to see that.

Last edited: