CFZ Thank you Jerry for being a man of your word

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I mean, I don't know if he's on the door, but it is sad that it took this long for Jerry to do the right thing for Jimmy. At least it's better late than never.
Well....not like tomorrow....but when ur 81, if your not at "the door"...you're at LEAST walking up the stairs to the porch.

Hopefully he can eek out 5 more or so.

Qcard

Reaction score
I had a go at Jerry on here weeks ago questioning his integrity in relation to Jimmy. He had promised Jimmy during the HOF game in 2021 that Jimmy was going to go into the ROH. I had a go at Jerry after a tough loss several weeks ago because I felt he was not being honest with Jimmy when he promised Jimmy that. In light of the news today, it's only fair that I say this. Thank you Jerry for being a man of your word. It's a pity that it took as long as it did, but it's good that Jerry is finally doing the right thing in putting Jimmy Johnson in the ROH.

I don't know if there is a curse on the Cowboys as a result of what happened when I was still in diapers between Jerry and Jimmy. I should also note that I only was able to read the captions, and the big banner that Fox had when Jerry made the announcement about Jimmy going into the ROH because I was at the airport in Tampa coming home to Cleveland following a family reunion. That said, when I read that, I was both thrilled and glad that Jerry announced that he's going to be a man of his word. I was glad because it's good for people to let by gones be bygones. It's good that now, as far as I'm concerned, what happened in the past is now the past officially. I'm thrilled because, if there was a curse on the Cowboys, perhaps now it will be lifted. Perhaps now, the Cowboys fortunes will improve in terms of long term playoff success.

More importantly, given the age of Jerry and Jimmy, it's good that they have let whatever caused their spat is now in the past. I'm glad that they are now back to being the friends that they were. Who knows what is possible now that things are back to normal with them?
:clap: :starspin: :starspin: :starspin: :starspin: :starspin:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy is fine with Fox
Jimmy is winding down at fox. He doesn’t work every week and another year left on his contract. He already consults for free. In the offseason , he’s got coaches traveling to the keys to pick his brain. He still loves football but values his time with family and fishing more. I read his most recent autobiography. Belechek was down there a lot during the Patriot dynasty. Jerry has never visited or tried to get advice over the past 29 years. It would be amazing if their relationship has finally thawed to the point where Jerry will talk cowboy football with him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Jimmy is winding down at fox. He doesn’t work every week and another year left on his contract. He already consults for free. In the offseason , he’s got coaches traveling to the keys to pick his brain. He still loves football but values his time with family and fishing more. I read his most recent autobiography. Belechek was down there a lot during the Patriot dynasty. Jerry has never visited or tried to get advice over the past 29 years. It would be amazing if their relationship has finally thawed to the point where Jerry will talk cowboy football with him.

I hope it has, and I'd imagine it has since their conversation prior to the Rams game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope it has, and I'd imagine it has since their conversation prior to the Rams game.
Well they’ve have bump in conversations before. Jimmy was at his HOF induction party. I’m taking about Jerry sitting down with him and just getting his perspective on what needs to happen to get this team over the hump. Jerry is a prideful man. Honoring Jimmy at the behest of the fan base is one thing. But, coming to him for advice is a whole other thaw, and I’m not sure Jerry is there yet.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, Jerry gets a pass after delaying this for close to three decades for no apparent reason other than petty jealousy?
It is not a pass so much as recognition that he is finally doing the right thing and that’s not nothin’.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So, Jerry gets a pass after delaying this for close to three decades for no apparent reason other than petty jealousy?

I think that I've addressed this in subsequent posts. It's a shame that it took this long, but at least it's better late than never.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only from anyone who views Jones' delay as inconsequential. It is outside the norm for an expectation not be fulfilled over an extended period.

Jones has openly admitted Johnson should have been put into the Ring all along. Despite his publicly held respect for Johnson, Jones has also admitted "awkwardness" contributed to the elongated delay.

A decade or perhaps 15 years should have been more than enough time for the awkwardness to be placed in proper perspective. Jones has absolute control over Ring inductions. He had continually told Johnson privately he would put him in the Ring for years. He delayed doing what he said he would do until the "awkwardness" became too much for him to keep putting it off.

Normally, another person does not appreciate witnessing someone else being strung along, certainly not over decades. Jones appears to be the exception for some but not for everyone.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Only from anyone who views Jones' delay as inconsequential. It is outside the norm for an expectation not be fulfilled over an extended period.

Jones has openly admitted Johnson should have been put into the Ring all along. Despite his publicly held respect for Johnson, Jones has also admitted "awkwardness" contributed to the elongated delay.

A decade or perhaps 15 years should have been more than enough time for the awkwardness to be placed in proper perspective. Jones has absolute control over Ring inductions. He had continually told Johnson privately he would put him in the Ring for years. He delayed doing what he said he would do until the "awkwardness" became too much for him to keep putting it off.

Normally, another person does not appreciate witnessing someone else being strung along, certainly not over decades. Jones appears to be the exception for some but not for everyone.
It just became too much for him after Jimmy got in the HOF. It was awkward when he put Ware in before Jimmy. It wasn't going to get better. Now he can put Romo and Witten in .

blueblood70

Reaction score
you know this is just another narrative that gets spewed around here so much the fans have to come on and apologize for calling out jerry....., seriously last year he came out and stated he would put Jimmy in the ring of honor and now he's doing it...

However, get it done now crowd or the NOW or never generation ie its instant ir its an issue well it wasn't fast enough.. it's nice to know that fans think they own the team.. they make it their business to have six threads on why jerry sucks

then have to come on and apologize be.... ever been brought up has been busted... do i need to link you for the proof about three open ring of honor issues in the last month on this very subject.,

it's being done,

i also want to bring up the fact that it took Miami Hurricanes MUCH MUCH longer to put Jimmy in their version of the ring of honor.... so all this talk that it's decades too late is nonsense that comes from the me generation as you think you are entitled to judge man on his wishes on the timing of these things, it's just the right time for jerry, you know the owner of this team.. none of you have right to call the man out and tell him what the time frame should have been done.

why is it just the right time oh lets see 2020 JJ was put in the HOF, 2023 Miami put Jimmy in their ROH , and now almost simultaneously Jerry is putting Jimmy in the DC ROH.. it appears to me it takes some time for the special honors to happen.... fans don't get to dictate this stuff,

let's be honest here,

it's your issue, not Jerrys....

the self-entitlement crowd is ridiculous...

you want things done differently, go buy your own team and run it your own way! until then this once again proves fans are wrong and wasted energy whining and crying and throwing out hard judgements that turn out to be WRONG..

Some of you all sound like toddlers in here most days, ranting and raving about Jerry and anything under the sun you FEEL should be done your way,,

last i checked i don't see any NFL credentials on any of your necks.... yet you seem to have strong opinions you believe are correct, yet they are NOT.

PS i think it's going to be really funny if Jerry comes out and puts himself in with jimmy... that would really stir up the zoners...

however, as egotistical as that sounds i think they belong going in together.... but i don't think jerry's old ego is is such that he would try to steal some shine away from Jimmy...

Rayman70

Reaction score
I wanna bag on Jerry for waiting. But I can't and won't. Lets take this all in, and forgive guys. Lets enjoy all this. Its Jimmys time to shine as well as us fans. The curse has finally been lifted. Take the win. What a great day to be a Dallas fan. Can you feel it? Its that monkey being lifted off our backs. The rest is up to the team. Congrats Jerry and Jimmy.