Thanks for nothing, Jerrah

Blackrain

Reaction score
Ask Woodson and winning a ring with Zimmer.

Then explain away this:

The Super Bowl discourse since Sunday night has turned to ...

1. Why can't the 49ers win the big one?

2. Is the 49ers' Super Bowl window closed?

3. The 49ers are favored to win it all in 2025, but only one team since 1971 (2017 Patriots) has lost a Super Bowl and won it the next year.

The 49ers also have money issues.

➤ They're $44M over the salary cap, according to ESPN

➤ Nine players will make a combined $212M next year, leaving $28-$33M for the other 44 players, according to SI

➤ They only have one more year before they have to give Brock Purdy a huge pay raise from the $1M he'll make next year

Decisions coming soon.

https://bleacherreport.com/
That discourse is all a bunch of media hype.
49ers had a couple of fluke plays on special teams that cost them that super bowl they still got another chance next year to take a run at it while Purdy is on the cheap.
While we somehow have to figure out how to pay DAk micah and CD lamb. And solve the problem of stopping the run and being able to run the ball in the playoffs. We also need a linebacker and a center and probably a couple other things that I'm forgetting

I'll take the 49ers problems over ours

CCBoy

Reaction score
That discourse is all a bunch of media hype.
49ers had a couple of fluke plays on special teams that cost them that super bowl they still got another chance next year to take a run at it while pretty is on the cheap.
While we somehow have to figure out how to pay DAk micah and CD lamb. And solve the problem of stopping the run and being able to run the ball in the playoffs.

I'll take the 49ers problems over ours
No, your explanation is strained baby food and nothing more but attitude...Explain the real projection right now with Zimmer signed. Your ears don't overlap and no one stuttered here.

By 2005, Parcells moved the defense to a 3-4, and in that draft the Cowboys selected future Hall of Famer DeMarcus Ware, Spears, linebacker Kevin Burnett, defensive end Chris Canty and defensive tackle Jay Ratliff.

Zimmer had no background in that scheme.

"Technique-wise it was relatively simple, so it was just the linebacker play and how to coordinate that, and that involved some new stuff for him," Parcells said. "But he caught on to that easily, and he started to understand what kind of personnel we were looking for in that. That wasn't hard. He's a football guy. He likes the game. He's committed to doing a good job. He's not lazy at all. That's good."​

At his stops since -- as a coordinator with the Atlanta Falcons and Cincinnati Bengals and a seven-year run as head coach of the Minnesota Vikings -- Zimmer blended his schemes, though mostly a 4-3. His scheme versatility and ability to mix between man-to-man and zone coverages was an attraction for his return to Dallas.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39513796/new-cowboys-dc-mike-zimmer-going-test-your-mettle

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Thanks for nothing, Jerrah. come on now he's giving you average, and that's what we like. When we start getting blue ribbons you will be sorry.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I hear you brother I'm not upset with 12 win seasons what is frustrating is seeing the ability to improve the team to get further and us just sitting on our hands being happy with our guys

Your spot on with needing to make the right roster moves and this is what's so frustrating last year we needed another offensive lineman or a running back and we drafted a tight end in the second round those kind of decisions are why we don't get further and it's just very frustrating to watch a front office that should be able to operate at a higher level make these mistakes over and over again
They seem to think that most of their mid to late round draft picks are all going to become good starting players.

They would have to be the best drafting FO of all time for their ignore FA plan to actually work. That’s how much they think of themselves. What frustrates me the most is they continue to act as if it’s working well.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I hear you brother I'm not upset with 12 win seasons what is frustrating is seeing the ability to improve the team to get further and us just sitting on our hands being happy with our guys

Your spot on with needing to make the right roster moves and this is what's so frustrating last year we needed another offensive lineman or a running back and we drafted a tight end in the second round those kind of decisions are why we don't get further and it's just very frustrating to watch a front office that should be able to operate at a higher level make these mistakes over and over again

I agree. If it’s a typical bargain bin free agency that doesn’t at least involve a big trade I’ll be extremely frustrated. Gotta give us one of those things. We will see, I’m convinced it’ll be same old same so I can temper my angst a bit

Blackrain

Reaction score
If the Bucs had a better OC than Leftwich at the time, that game may have been different.
How can I explain a real projection with Zimmer until I see the final roster he is going to have to work with.
And that roster heavily depends on what I spoke about earlier having to pay the stars on the team and what we can afford to pay . Players in free agency if we choose to become involved in that.
Zimmer is an older hard-nosed coach will have to see how he gets along with these players some of them were very attached to Dan Quinn.

No projections can really be made until we see how the players buy into his system and what Jerry gives him to work with in the draft and the talent he's allowed to acquire through free agency.

Sorry I was responding to CC boy with this post

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You misquote, as he has bumped heads with Jerry...but has the team on solid cap ground and is but part of a team.

That team traded for two relevant players this past season and a DT the previous season...

As to cap, San Francisco has an intense cap set of numbers this very next season...and still don't have a Lombardi for 30 as well.
NU41XWK.gif

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, the Cowboys going 1 and 1 last year is the same as the Texans going 1 and 1 this year?
When we play the Texans next season you will see how important the QB and HC positions are...................

CCBoy

Reaction score
Get a shine on those shoes...soldier.

Good morning...in your dreams and on your tongue.

It's time to get to serious work and the Cowboys signed the Defensive Coordinator to get the above stain out of minds and reactions of Cowboys players.

Take your implied insult back to the source of the insult...your ownership. Serious has just entered the building for this current team.

Bank on it...and leave me out of your personal kilroy was here routine.

YOU pay attention to leadership and those principals now. This is Black History Month...and if one also leaves dramatic insult out to dry, also a good progression for the current Cowboys team. Bet me now on that very fact.

Now you own up to whether Dallas resigns Smith for $7.5 M?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's time to get to serious work and the Cowboys signed the Defensive Coordinator to get the above stain out of minds and reactions of Cowboys players.

Take your implied insult back to the source of the insult...your ownership. Serious has just entered the building for this current team.

YOU pay attention to leadership and those principals now. This is Black History Month...and if one also leaves dramatic insult out to dry, also a good progression for the current Cowboys team. Bet me now on that very fact.

HDadJAu.gif

triplets_93

Reaction score
Another season is over but Jerrah's record of Front Office mediocrity is intact. It's been 28 years since Jerrah has brought home a Lombardi Trophy. 28 years of frustration, excuses, and snake oil promises. The latest snake oil promise is "we are all in for next year." 28 years of seeing your ego splattered across the nearest camera. 28 years and counting of fan frustration because, with you in charge, nothing is going to change.
Congratulations to the Chiefs, 49er's, Texans, Packers, and Detroit for giving us gutsy seasons, while the Cowboys choked.
Thanks for nothing, Jerrah
Yeah, but it's the Best Marketed "Nothing" you've ever seen !!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He gave you 3 super bowls and that's it. he's not doing anymore super bowls. be happy

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Go back and continue playing with your insults...

You just purely are a baby spoiled....crap mouth.

Both Edoga and Biadasz struggled at times in 2023.
The Cowboys offensive line needs a serious overhaul
Undrafted free agent T.J. Bass easily outclassed Edoga in his rookie year.
And Brock Hoffman blocked like a beast when he saw action.
Matt Waletzko could be an option there.
The Cowboys have Asim Richards, Josh Ball, Dakoda Shipley, and Earl Bostick all waiting in the wings.

That is called discussion...crap head.

The Cowboys (could) replace free agent Tyler Biadasz with the top center in the draft. Powers-Johnson has a ton of athleticism and a mean streak the pivot man must have in the NFL. The Ducks run a zone-based scheme, so he’s already familiar with working laterally and in conjunction with his teammates.

Craig Strobeck-USA TODAY Sports

Take your kind of 'respect' and shove it - twinkle toes.

What’s Next? Addressing Cowboys’ OT dilemma

Cowboy or 'gansta'? ... but you don't have enough 'style' to be that....

Lying on the Witness Stand
Cut and paste is not a discussion.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

confused-no.gif