Thanks to all..

BlueStar II

Reaction score
Want to wish the very best to you, and Rob. I'm sure he'll be signed by another team soon. All the best to both of you.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go, I'm sure Rob will land on his feet and here's hoping he does well.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
I wish both you and Rob the best. Thanks for being part of the zone.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Yep, good luck to Rob. I'm guessing he will be picked up by some other team out there pretty quick.

Thanks for posting Pittdawg!

I'm pretty shocked at this, seeing as how Parcells said Rob was the swing guy last week and "that's a good thing".

It takes a long time for Oline guys to really be technically proficient and I think Rob got bitten by the numbers game at some other spots on this team. Look at how long Gurode is taking to settle at one position, and even then he had a real rough night last game apparently.

Don't really get this, but perhaps Parcells is giving Rob a chance to play for another team, rather than stringing him along.

LarryCanadian

Angus

Reaction score
Thank you, sir. I wish the best for you, your son, and your entire family.

NMfan

Reaction score
PittDawg, please post at least one more time when Rob gets picked up by another team to let us know how things are going. Best of luck to Rob.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'm sorry for the way some treated you here. It makes me hope future player's family don't post here. Pretty embarrassing actually.

Best of luck.

So true, when I had family in the league, reading message boards were sometimes just sickening to read. But make no mistake, some families read it, but don't post or say they are a family member. When you have a family member on a team, you look for all info on the team, and you will eventually run into the message board.

Hats off to Rob and his father, cause alot of people wouldn't mention their family member on a message board. I know I didn't.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info you've posted. Good luck to Rob, your family and your good self.

I believe this IS a big mistake.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
SOrry for the flak your soon got, you are a class act, and your soon has a bright future, hopefully we see Rob again wearing the star

Silverstar

Reaction score
Best wishes to the Petitti family.

I hope Rob lands a big contract and plays in the NFL for a long time.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
A player's pop was so gracious to come in here, share some info, and is good enough even after the way some people treated him, to give his regards and say goodbye.

Thanks pittdawg, good luck to you and Rob.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
jackrussell said:
A player's pop was so gracious to come in here, share some info, and is good enough even after the way some people treated him, to give his regards and say goodbye.

Thanks pittdawg, good luck to you and Rob.

Very well said Jack....

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
I, like many others here, am quite dissapointed by this decision, but the fortunes of football are difficult. I would like to think that Rob's career is going to continue and I believe that he will be playing football somewhere, and sooner than some clowns think. I note that this team has been wrong about players before ( see Ron Stone, Jimmy Smith, among others ) and this may come back to bite the Cowboys on the ***.
Piitdawg, this feels a bit like losing a family member. I've enjoyed your contributions and it felt like watching a neighbour's son was joining the Cowboys. I'm sure Rob is incredibly dissapointed, but he's young, talented and he dedicated himself to improving his game. I'll hoist one to Rob later today, and I'll toast you now.

Here's to you, Pittdawg.....:beer1:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Thanks pittdawg...good luck to Rob and your family in the future...

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Phrozen Phil said:
I, like many others here, am quite dissapointed by this decision, but the fortunes of football are difficult. I would like to think that Rob's career is going to continue and I believe that he will be playing football somewhere, and sooner than some clowns think. I note that this team has been wrong about players before ( see Ron Stone, Jimmy Smith, among others ) and this may come back to bite the Cowboys on the ***.
Piitdawg, this feels a bit like losing a family member. I've enjoyed your contributions and it felt like watching a neighbour's son was joining the Cowboys. I'm sure Rob is incredibly dissapointed, but he's young, talented and he dedicated himself to improving his game. I'll hoist one to Rob later today, and I'll toast you now.

Here's to you, Pittdawg.....:beer1:

:hammer:

JonCJG

Reaction score
You know, some posters should be more courteous and if not banned for a week at time for being so disrespectful.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Good luck to Rob! I hope he has success later down the road in the NFL. I'm sure he'll find a team this year.

And Pittdawg, thank you for being gracious enough to post on a message board full of "happy one minute, pissed the next" fanatical football fans.