That Field Stretcher

TheHerd

Reaction score
There are the Patriots and there is the rest of the NFL.
As to our Cowboys, if they are behind by 14 points and there are 5 minutes left in the game, Garrett's brain trust will run the ball up the middle on first down. On second down with 8 yards to go, he'll ask Dak to throw into double cov. On third down Garrett will opt for a slant route when every receiver is covered. Every defensive coordinator knows what the Cowboys will do. Why do you think other teams stack the line so often or go to double coverage so often? They know, blokes!
Garrett is our Achilles heel.

On second and 8 don't we run the 7 yard stop route, or is that only on 3rd and 8?

Bigdog

Reaction score
I thought you were talking about an ambulance stretcher that comes on the field when I saw the headline, lol.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The guy that, when he lines up, the secondary is already cheating backwards. The guy that truly strikes fear in opposing corners... Where is he? Every championship level team has one.

It's not Dez. He no longer separates and runs lazy routes. He appears to be content with being a 1a.

Its not Brice. He disappears for weeks at a time and can be very inconsistent. Very....

It's not Twill. He's a great body catcher and can contribute a little yac across the middle but you're not going to see him catching anything over his shoulder downfield.

So who is it?

I'll give you an example of a textbook field stretcher... Julio Jones

I was with you until the "field stretcher" you named happened to be one of the best receivers in the game.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
There are the Patriots and there is the rest of the NFL.
As to our Cowboys, if they are behind by 14 points and there are 5 minutes left in the game, Garrett's brain trust will run the ball up the middle on first down. On second down with 8 yards to go, he'll ask Dak to throw into double cov. On third down Garrett will opt for a slant route when every receiver is covered. Every defensive coordinator knows what the Cowboys will do. Why do you think other teams stack the line so often or go to double coverage so often? They know, blokes!
Garrett is our Achilles heel.
After passing on 1st down through the first 3 quarters...

We Gon' Try To Durprise you!
durpy durp durp!!!

Whee!!! Who wants to go see It, guys? After the game? Go see that clown movie? You know, get together and gain some chemistry?
It?
We go see some clown eating kids? Get together? Hang out?
I make popcorn through the kinetic energy of my clapping... Melts the butter too...
We are so ready for next Sunday...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The guy that, when he lines up, the secondary is already cheating backwards. The guy that truly strikes fear in opposing corners... Where is he? Every championship level team has one.

It's not Dez. He no longer separates and runs lazy routes. He appears to be content with being a 1a.

Its not Brice. He disappears for weeks at a time and can be very inconsistent. Very....

It's not Twill. He's a great body catcher and can contribute a little yac across the middle but you're not going to see him catching anything over his shoulder downfield.

So who is it?

I'll give you an example of a textbook field stretcher... Julio Jones
Oh, fiddle. I can be so naive.
I thought this was about a field injury.
Never mind me. I will sit nearby and eat some crackers and huumus.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
After passing on 1st down through the first 3 quarters...

We Gon' Try To Durprise you!
durpy durp durp!!!

Whee!!! Who wants to go see It, guys? After the game? Go see that clown movie? You know, get together and gain some chemistry?
It?
We go see some clown eating kids? Get together? Hang out?
I make popcorn through the kinetic energy of my clapping... Melts the butter too...
We are so ready for next Sunday...

Oh, you.
Speaking of movies, all you louts can see me live, acting, singing and womanizing in "The Ghost Train," free on YouTube. Give it a chance.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Terrance and Brice can both stretch the field.

We don't take many chances because our defense hasnt really stepped up. Chances often lead to turnovers, losing the TO % has a high correlation to losing games, as you would assume.

If your QB is also averaging a top 5 efficiency level and 10 yards per attempt, you take it and win the TO % battle. All three are positive correlators to winning games, and last year put us near the top of the league in points scored.

If the defense improves, we'll "stretch the field" more.

rpntex

Reaction score
No it's not. I would be fine w/ Brice lining up as our #2. It's T. Will that confuses me. And why we gave him a 4 year...17 mil deal. No speed (not enough to get deep)...inconsistant hands.

I would trade Williams for someone that has speed.....right now....but no one is gonna eat that contract.:rolleyes:

Inconsistent hand? Williams has a catch % this season is 82.1%, and a catch % of 72.1% for the full 2016 season.

Butler’s catching only 40% of his targets this year, and only 50% last season.

Obviously, williams is a lot more trustworthy.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Sadly it's Brice and it shows why he got a 1 year 1m contract. He has the size and the speed, but not the consistency.

Don't think Drew Pearson was that fast, but he , as I recall, he caught a lot of deep balls from Staubach.

Just a comment of getting open, not a QB vs QB comparison.....