That song that grabbed you and wouldn't let go

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Seems as I've gotten older the less often I hear one of those "It" songs, the kind from when you first hear it, you have to listen to it over and over. The latest one to do that was "Colors" by Black Pumas. Everything about that song, just grabs me, I've seen and heard so many different versions they've done, all a little different and all great. When people talk about there's no more great music or bands these days, I tell 'em "Colors" Black Pumas...... thank me later. :cool:

cowboyec

Reaction score

'69...american sessions.
such a great song.
written by eddie rabbitt.

cowboyec

Reaction score

my favorite springsteen album.
friend of mine in college introduced me to pre-80s springsteen...at the time all i knew was born in the usa and after he split with e st.
i'll never forget the first time i heard this one.
such a great song.

cowboyec

Reaction score

i love coltrane's music.
first time i heard this from coltrane and the duke...floored me.
if i ever quit the janitor racket and become a p.i.....this song will play when im talking to a client.

cowboyec

Reaction score

from my favorite coltrane album.
what this man's music taught me was invaluable.
its more than about notes on a page.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
This is probably the first rap song where I teared up. Bone has a different sound, but coupled with talking about losing Easy E and then a family member in the 2nd verse; hoping to meet them again
"at the crossroads" hit me pretty hard as a kid (was around 10). Death is a part of life and outside of that one aspect, rarely makes any "sense" but with the saving hope you see them again at your two crossroads.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score

'69...american sessions.
the first single...the first top 10 hit...the first to go gold from these brilliant sessions.
a timeless classic.
the alternate tracks are just as stunning.

cowboyec

Reaction score

recorded at stax in '73.
one of his very best from this period.
love his vocals and that session group behind him.