That's clutch

DFWJC

Reaction score
Surely you realize what Romo is doing when he audibles (or not). He is reading the defense, looking for free blitzers and adjusting the blocking schemes accordingly. Collinsworth even mentioned that Romo seemed to know what the Giants were up to as if he was in their huddle. Surely, if Romo knows what the Giants are doing and realizes the initial play call won't work, he should audible? No? I guess Romo should just run the play even when he knows it won't work. Yep, that makes sense.

Romo threw the ball almost exclusively in the 4th quarter because that's what the score dictated they had to do. They were actually pretty balanced in the first 3 quarters. Check it out if you don't believe me.

Nobody wants big plays more than I do. Everybody loves 60 yard bombs and 50 yards runs. But you can't rely on plays like that because they are rare, low percentage plays. Most of the time, you have to grind it out, be it running the ball or a short passing game, or both.

Last night, the problem was not the run/pass ratio. It was the turnovers. If not for the turnovers, the Cowboys would have controlled the game and the run/pass ratio would have been much more 50/50. That's a best case scenario, but sometimes it doesn't work out and you have to rely on your QB to throw their way to a victory. And I for one am glad we had Romo throwing the ball last when we were behind by 10 points with 8 minutes left.

You are completely missing the fact that the 3 turnovers forced the unbalanced run/pass ratio. I'm pretty confident the game plan going in was to be close to 50/50. But the turnovers forced them to throw more at the end of the game. Or maybe you think that with 1:37 left and no timeouts, Romo should have run the ball?

Earlier, he actually audibled OUT of pass plays more than once.

I don't like running the clock all the way down b/c it's tough to maintain focus and gets you out of a rhythm. But he completed a crazy 80% of his passes (and really way more than that) in part because he did wait for them to show their hand.

Last edited:

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
OLYJgHI.jpg