That's clutch

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
As the Giants were marching down the field, I kept cursing because I truly believed if we could come up with just one single stop, Tony would do the rest. And then there went the Giants....all the way to the 1. Glad they didn't have one more yard in them to rob us of that moment.

Who made the initial stop at the 1? I can't recall. Looking back, what a huge tackle that turned out to be. Even Collinsworth made a joke about not assuming NYG would gain that last yard for the TD.

JDSmith

Reaction score
We should have gotten rid of Dunbar since he doesn't contribute anyway. :)

Anyway...hopefully Romo, Linehan and Garrett all take note...this offense plays much better when they are getting the snap off quicker. Far better. Not even in the same galaxy.

YR

Supposedly Romo loves to run it down because it forces the D to show its hand before the snap.

Gaede

Reaction score
I turned the game off when the Giants got their last first down. I thought there was no way to stop the clock and the game was over.

I feel stupid for missing the win, but that's OK

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Supposedly Romo loves to run it down because it forces the D to show its hand before the snap.

It also allows the D to set up their blitzes and coverage disguises.

I also think with this team, it's a bit like a baseball pitcher that takes forever to pitch and it stagnates his defense behind him. I think it stagnates the rest of the offense.

All of the TD drives occured when the offense sped things up. Romo was very sharp, but the rest of the offense (besides the O-Line) wasn't.

YR

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It also allows the D to set up their blitzes and coverage disguises.

I also think with this team, it's a bit like a baseball pitcher that takes forever to pitch and it stagnates his defense behind him. I think it stagnates the rest of the offense.

All of the TD drives occured when the offense sped things up. Romo was very sharp, but the rest of the offense (besides the O-Line) wasn't.

YR

Honestly, let Romo do what he wants. That was a masterful game from him. Even when receivers were dropping balls, TR had the other D exposed all night. He looked like a darned wizard.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Honestly, let Romo do what he wants. That was a masterful game from him. Even when receivers were dropping balls, TR had the other D exposed all night. He looked like a darned wizard.

No.

I don't want Romo doing what he wants.

I don't want to be throwing 50 times a game and neglecting the run. That's what Romo wants (what almost every QB wants). Last year we cut down on his throws and he had his best season ever...at the age of 34 with a bad back. We also were getting the plays off quicker last year.

And starting off the game with a 13 play drive may sound nice, but it's actually a malfunction of the offense.

Romo needs to be coached just like every other player on this team. Again, less is more with Romo. The less he audibles, the better we do.

YR

aikemirv

Reaction score
We should have gotten rid of Dunbar since he doesn't contribute anyway. :)

Anyway...hopefully Romo, Linehan and Garrett all take note...this offense plays much better when they are getting the snap off quicker. Far better. Not even in the same galaxy.

YR

Yeah that was painful last night - seemed even worse than last year.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I turned the game off when the Giants got their last first down. I thought there was no way to stop the clock and the game was over.

I feel stupid for missing the win, but that's OK

Wow shame on you you should know that it ain't over till the final second clicks off when you have a player like ROMO!!!!!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

I think he needs to mix it up a little more. Not a complaint but i think it would keep the opposing defensive MLB off-balance some.

aikemirv

Reaction score
That PI was weak, and gave us 4 pts. The earlier non-call where either Dez forgot how to jump or the DB was actively holding him down cost us those same 4 pts. Balance.

The grab to Williams shoulder definitely stopped his moment - good call.

And for that matter Dez was interfered with in the first half in the endzone so I won't let anybody say that was a gift!um

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The grab to Williams shoulder definitely stopped his moment - good call.

And for that matter Dez was interfered with in the first half in the endzone so I won't let anybody say that was a gift!um

That's the problem i have. The calls weren't consistent. Both plays were similar. I actually thought Dez's non-call was more obvious but they did not call it.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I have been questioning it, and I'm still not 100% convinced that McFadden couldn't do the same things, but better. But damn, this game did leave me saying,"Ahh, so THAT'S why they haven't cut Dunbar."

They have been saying forever that they need to get him more involved, they did it.

McFadden may have better wheels, but when it comes to running routes as a back, he isn't in the same stratosphere as Dunbar. Dunbar runs routes like a wide receiver. Dunbar is quicker in and out of breaks and his smaller size allows him to slip through zones easier. McFadden can beast on screens, but his ability to split out to the slot or outside isn't on par with Dunbar. Not even close.

Gaede

Reaction score
Wow shame on you you should know that it ain't over till the final second clicks off when you have a player like ROMO!!!!!

I figured there was no way we'd get the ball back. I calculated it, drunkenly I guess, and thought there was no way to get the ball back

Reaction score
And starting off the game with a 13 play drive may sound nice, but it's actually a malfunction of the offense.
I'm sorry but that's a silly comment. The entire reason you run the ball is for those long drives and control the clock. The only thing wrong with that drive is that they didn't finish it off with a TD.

You want to run the ball but you don't like 13 play drives? That makes no sense. You are not going to get many 60 yard runs.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

Call me crazy. But once we got the ball back with that much time, I knew we would win.