The “refs are out to get us” evidence is actually thin

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
So it would be a lie that you posted "100% of 37 is 74"?

Your claim is you never said that?

Hey donkey, answer the math question:

“The Cowboy have almost 150% more Rushing TDs from 2016 to 2018:
Cowboys 55
Eagles 37”

What percentage more rushing TDs did the Cowboys have than the Eagles between 2016 and 2018?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Maybe Jerry shouldnt have sold his soul to satan in exchange for SB 30.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yeah it just takes that one awful call to ruin a year

1szSbqY.gif

If it's an actual bad call, that is. This wasn't. That Saints game against the Rams? Y'all would have a point and tin foil would ne'er a mention garner, lol.

fivetwos

Reaction score
That call against Butler in the choke of the one seed part two was pretty ridiculous.

In fairness let's not forget the Detroit playoff win. The non PI call was bad also.

Someone else pointed out the NE game last year w the tripping.....

Bottom line is the refs are awful and getting worse. They need a guy in the booth to correct the extremely obvious mistakes but this doesnt seem to want to fly. They look absurdly dumb in the meanwhile.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That call against Butler in the choke of the one seed part two was pretty ridiculous.

In fairness let's not forget the Detroit playoff win. The non PI call was bad also.

Someone else pointed out the NE game last year w the tripping.....

Bottom line is the refs are awful and getting worse. They need a guy in the booth to correct the extremely obvious mistakes but this doesnt seem to want to fly. They look absurdly dumb in the meanwhile.

The Butler call was correct too. Like the Dez play, fans just don't know the rules so there's "controversy" fueled by emotions when there's really not.

The officials ain't great. I agree with you there. Cowboys as a target? Folks need to watch more games.

Silly

Reaction score
The problem is that the refs have become too much a part of the game. People don't tune in to watch the refs huddle, throw flags, review plays, and grab *** on the 50 yard line.

Just watch an older game from the 70's. They are much more fun to watch.

fivetwos

Reaction score
People need to let the Dez thing go.

They still weren't winning that game. Not at that point anyway.

Murray doesnt fumble and they win, but he did.

InTheZone

Reaction score
While I don’t believe in a league wide conspiracy I don’t care what the penalty totals are. I care about when they are called. And it always seems we get hosed by a brutal penalty at a horrible time in the game.
how many times do they call up some unknown penalty that hasn't been called in forever. There's a romo stat that proved the league didn't care to call a fair game when it came to roughing the passer penalties. And for every 10 pick play that goes for 6 for other teams there's 10 offensive PIs called all decade and it seems all are against us.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Butler call was correct too. Like the Dez play, fans just don't know the rules so there's "controversy" fueled by emotions when there's really not.

The officials ain't great. I agree with you there. Cowboys as a target? Folks need to watch more games.
It's like passing a cop every day at 66 mph, and the one day you cant be late he decides to pull you over.

I dont think Dallas is a target. They stink in every single game you see....and way too often does it decide the outcome.

They look at each other confused a lot also.

I don't expect them to be able to run around with elite athletes, but why not use technology to help out?

Have another ref in the booth that overturns the ridiculous. They dont seem to want that.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It's like passing a cop every day at 66 mph, and the one day you cant be late he decides to pull you over.

I dont think Dallas is a target. They stink in every single game you see....and way too often does it decide the outcome.

They look at each other confused a lot also.

I don't expect them to be able to run around with elite athletes, but why not use technology to help out?

Have another ref in the booth that overturns the ridiculous. They dont seem to want that.

I agree with you. Another official in the booth is good if it doesn't slow the game down. But another angle is, controversy is good for publicity. The same way game play lore exists, there can be controversy lore because like with the Dez play, emotion will never let people see that the call was the correct one and thus get talked about for decades later. That's good for the NFL for content for their talking heads and for fans to talk about to bring traffic to sites discussing a game that took place years ago. So that could be one reason for the resistance.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Oh my...

It’s all about wording.

Going from 37 to 55 is roughly a 50% increase.

However, 150% of 37 is 55. 150% is 1.5 as a decimal. Take 1.5 x 37 and you get.....?

It all depends on how it was worded and I so don’t care enough to go back and look. I cared just enough to comment.

Kaiser

Reaction score

Gosh, it only took a page for this schtick to show up in the thread.

The NFL later admitted Dez made the catch and the Butler call wasn't correct because he never entered the huddle. You can kinda, sorta imagine the wording being OK with that thread but its a call that hadn't been enforced in 10+ years.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The real story is that the ref's arent always out to get us from the 1st quarter to the 4th. But instead pick and choose when to levy the penalty to maximize the damage, while keeping the illusion of "fairness" alive in stats.

If you only get one penalty called on you all game, but its a phantom pass interference call on 4th down with the score 21-20 that gives the opposing team first down in FG range with no time left in the game. Is it still not bias because they only called one penalty?
Ok. That’s a bad call from the refs. So the Cowboys are the only team that gets bad calls? So there’s a “conspiracy” with refs and the league who are just waiting for the critical moment to screw the Cowboys?
I don’t even think the refs or the league are competent enough to pull that off.

I certainly agree that the officiating the last few seasons is bad. But it’s bad for everyone, not just Dallas.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Perceptions rarely change despite the evidence. I am learning to just let hardheaded morons remain hardheaded morons.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jimmy Johnson would get the benefit of the doubt. Jason Earned no respect on the sidelines